Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Staniec
Member #

Hey All,
My name is Dylan, from Santa Cruz Ca. Been car camping and backpacking my whole life but looking to get off the beaten path a bit more. My wife and I have a 7month old son and six year old daughter.

We recently purchased an 18ft winnebago trailer that we tow with our 2012 Chevy 2500. The trailer does have pretty good clearance but won't be doing any serious off-roading. Our hope is to find fun spots to dispersed camp that will be accesible with our trailer and then do day trips to explore a bit more.

We're brand new to off-roading so eager to learn something new.

Most of our trips will be to the Sierra and coastal CA.

Photo is from a recent trip where we spent a night in Mojave National Preserve

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good evening OB community. I am Marco reporting in from Patterson, CA. Don’t look for it, I don’t think we have made the big map yet. So my wife Jen and I have been members for a while, but due to circumstances had not been active. We are now back and need to establish in the community and get back to living a little. Our current tool for adventure is a 2020 Wrangler JLU that we are working on getting back to as capable as our last Wrangler, and hoping to get out soon. Hope to see and meet some of you all soon.
Hey Marco!
Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be June 21st, HOPEFULLY in person!

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
hello all ,my name is steve from brentwood California
i have a 1994 toyota land cruiser
Hey Steve!
Welcome, you gotta throw a photo up of your rig, it’s a classic!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey All,
My name is Dylan, from Santa Cruz Ca. Been car camping and backpacking my whole life but looking to get off the beaten path a bit more. My wife and I have a 7month old son and six year old daughter.

We recently purchased an 18ft winnebago trailer that we tow with our 2012 Chevy 2500. The trailer does have pretty good clearance but won't be doing any serious off-roading. Our hope is to find fun spots to dispersed camp that will be accesible with our trailer and then do day trips to explore a bit more.

We're brand new to off-roading so eager to learn something new.

Most of our trips will be to the Sierra and coastal CA.

Photo is from a recent trip where we spent a night in Mojave National Preserve
Hey Dylan

Well you win for most comfortable! Nice trailer. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Todd (@Dawgguy101 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ryan (@AZ_98XJ ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Maclyn

Rank I

Contributor III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Martin
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5WVV
Hi folks, My name is Jacob. My wife and I are looking to start some overlanding trips so I thought I'd sign up and start getting the lay of the land.
We're out of Central OK, and currently don't have much in the way of a vehicle, so thats one of the things I'll be researching.
We've been looking at getting a fullsize 4x4 diesel truck since it can pull multi duty and still have enough room to fit the whole family. Not agile for trails, but it would get us moving in comfort. Any feedback is of course more than welcome!

My current "rig" for overland :

bike.png

Greg K6GHL

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Lund
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GHL
Hi Overland Bound,
My name is Greg and my wife is Candy. We live in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA (south of Los Angles). We drive a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door. It's has a 2-1/2" lift on 35's. I pull a So Cal Teardrop trailer. We have been off roading for a little over 4 years. I finally decided to join OB after watch all of the YouTube videos Michael has been posting since COVID-19 started.
Jeep & Teardrop.jpg

Hattyz

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Hatfield
Member #

Hi there! My name is Zach and a buddy of mine referred me here as I am beginning my journey into the world of Overlanding. I recently bought a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 and am a Novice looking to build it up the right way. I am from Ohio and am looking forward to absorbing as much information as I can! Hope to see everyone out there!20131E64-192D-4ACE-B322-E3987BD03F76.jpeg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi folks, My name is Jacob. My wife and I are looking to start some overlanding trips so I thought I'd sign up and start getting the lay of the land.
We're out of Central OK, and currently don't have much in the way of a vehicle, so thats one of the things I'll be researching.
We've been looking at getting a fullsize 4x4 diesel truck since it can pull multi duty and still have enough room to fit the whole family. Not agile for trails, but it would get us moving in comfort. Any feedback is of course more than welcome!

My current "rig" for overland :

View attachment 154933
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Reactions: Kent R and Maclyn

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Hi there! My name is Zach and a buddy of mine referred me here as I am beginning my journey into the world of Overlanding. I recently bought a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 and am a Novice looking to build it up the right way. I am from Ohio and am looking forward to absorbing as much information as I can! Hope to see everyone out there!View attachment 154936
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you finally joined

Reactions: Kent R and Hattyz

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
View attachment 154794
Hi everyone, I'm Mike from SE Washington. I've had this 4runner since January, and have been doing mods as I can. 2" lift (Bilstien5100/OME springs) Diff Drop, swaybar links. Custom fab'd rear bumper with dual swingout. 4xinnovations Front Bumper has been ordered.
I've owned 4x4s all my life, but have usually dragged a large travel trailer out to the mountains for camping. Smaller, agile trucks haven't been on my radar till now. Not sure I'll spring for a RTT, a cot and 3-season tent seem to work just fine.
Paring down a travel trailer's worth of camping gear has been a challenge.
Sarge (my 6mo Golden Retriever) and I are having a blast, so far.

2002 SR5 with over 268k miles.
Welcome Mike ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @PNW EXPLR is your closest Member Representative.
Checkout “The Tri-Cities Clubhouse” to meet your locals.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

DugzKine

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Macaalay
Member #

Hello All,
dugyot = dirty (Ilocano), dmac= first/last name
My name is DMac from Las Vegas, NV
NOOB to Overlanding
Eager to read hours on end and forget everything as soon as I go out =)
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7L

Stay safe out there!

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! My name is Sarah and I'm very new to this. My husband has been getting more and more into overlanding since he got his Jeep about 4 years ago. Took me a while to jump on the bandwagon (mostly because I was annoyed at the constant packages from Amazon arriving on the doorstep containing stuff for his Jeep). Well I just bought a 2017 TRD Offroad 4 runner and let's just say I'm now in love. Anyways, we live in Fayetteville, NC and are always looking for fun trips and new camp spots to take the vehicles so I'm excited to explore that more on here. I'll take any suggestions around the NC area!
Hello Sarah, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,
My name is Jason from Bakersfield, Ca. I'm interested in getting out and exploring. Also, interested in finding upgrades for my Chevy Silverado. So far this has been a great resource, hope to meet some of you soon out on the trails.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community. Whoo Hoo, another Silverado driver.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,
dugyot = dirty (Ilocano), dmac= first/last name
My name is DMac from Las Vegas, NV
NOOB to Overlanding
Eager to read hours on end and forget everything as soon as I go out =)
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7L

Stay safe out there!
Hello DMac, welcome to the OB community. Nice looking Ram.

Reactions: Kent R and DugzKine

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good evening OB community. I am Marco reporting in from Patterson, CA. Don’t look for it, I don’t think we have made the big map yet. So my wife Jen and I have been members for a while, but due to circumstances had not been active. We are now back and need to establish in the community and get back to living a little. Our current tool for adventure is a 2020 Wrangler JLU that we are working on getting back to as capable as our last Wrangler, and hoping to get out soon. Hope to see and meet some of you all soon.
Hello Marco, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone,
My name is Matt
We live in Connecticut.
Long time offroader but new to the overland world and I'm really looking forward to getting out there.
We currently have a Jeep JK Rubicon that is stock but hopefully not for long.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community.