Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rich Moore View attachment 154153
Connecticut
2007 JKU
Expedition experienced
Overlanding Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Rich
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone
new member here. I currently am in the process of building my dream overland out of a 95 2 door Tahoe. Just put the new tires and wheels on yesterday and man is it a whole new look. My next addition will be a retractable awning most likely from ARB.
I am based of of AZ
Most of trips include my dog along with one of my good buddies and his own rig. Posted a comparison for all of you to see. Thank you and I look forward to being apart of this group.
View attachment 154152
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information. Brien can get you information on local meet-ups if your intersted.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone.

Most of my overland/offroad trips have been solo and it would be good to meet up with some others in my area.

Rig: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: Easy to moderate trails in California, Utah and Colorado

View attachment 154139View attachment 154140
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

View attachment 154138
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone.

Most of my overland/offroad trips have been solo and it would be good to meet up with some others in my area.

Rig: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: Easy to moderate trails in California, Utah and Colorado

View attachment 154139View attachment 154140
Hey Ron

Nice shots of your adventures. It is definitely fun to go solo but it is also equally fun to line up in a row of rigs and tackle a trail with a group. Strangers at the trailhead are often friends when we hit pavement again. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

NSMTim

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Nobre
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Bill aka "Wildelder" as the handle implies I have been offloading, camping,hiking and adventures of all kinds for over 50 years. I'm originally from the northeast but now live in florida. Having been a auto mechanic all my life helps with fabrication and customization. I have two current overland vehicles a 2008 H3 Hummer 5spd manuel and a one of a kind Chevy G20 van.
Have a great day and stay safe and healthy.
WILD ELDER
That Hummer looks realy good. Van looks really cool.

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

Alright, well this officially took me way to long to do. I wouldn’t say I’m a novice at all, nor would I say I’m a expert either haha. We are out of the Portland, OR area. I use a 19 Dodge Ram Cummins, I seriously enjoy it just for the fact that it’s different. I KILLS me however beating up 1 year old paint weekly. I do long range precision shooting, which was a easy tie in to overlanding. Getting out to the high desert and setting up is much easier when you have days to do it. And remote is key when shooting a mile. But one time my wife expressed interest in going. Having never camped before in her life... I had to warn her, it wasn’t a RV by any stretch. Well, she really enjoyed it. So now it’s all “we need to get a drone and take video, and start a YouTube” Any way, one step at a time haha.

Attachments

RHSmitty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
RH
Last Name
Smith
Hey Everyone,
I am new to overlanding.

Rig: 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (V8)
Experience: Handy with a wrench but new to overlanding

I'll post a pic from my phone later.

I hope to get inspired with your alls ideas and experience.

Cheers

Attachments

Stephanie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Goldston, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army
Hey Everyone,
I am new to overlanding.

Rig: 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (V8)
Experience: Handy with a wrench but new to overlanding

I'll post a pic from my phone later.

I hope to get inspired with your alls ideas and experience.

Cheers
Welcome

DefenderBaggin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Nicolas
Last Name
Lagen
Member #

Hello everyone! I've been working on turning my old Defender into an overlanding/offroad rig for a few years and it's finally getting to the point of being reliable enough to start doing longer outings (engine swap to a Mercedes 300TD helps). I'm in the Spokane area and would like to meet up with others as in the past my outings have been mostly solo.

Attachments

NSMTim

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Nobre
Member #

Hello everyone! I've been working on turning my old Defender into an overlanding/offroad rig for a few years and it's finally getting to the point of being reliable enough to start doing longer outings (engine swap to a Mercedes 300TD helps). I'm in the Spokane area and would like to meet up with others as in the past my outings have been mostly solo.

Very cool rig...

Contributor III

Hi everyone!
My name is Erik, I've camped a few years as a kid. Now that I have a few kids of my own it's time for some adventure time. Currently running a 1997 Chevy K1500 Suburban on Cooper M/T. Been trying to get into this overland for a while. My kids love it so far for the trails that we have done. Waiting on some funds for an engine rebuild then I'll trust my rig a little more. Other than that glad I am able to join the app. Hopefully see you in the trail some day

Attachments

mcstrand

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Winfield, Indiana, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Strand
Member #

Geetings all, my name is Matt. Currently living in the Lynchburg, VA area. Previously lived in MI, AZ, NM, and OR - really enjoyed touring and exploring the SW in our XJ and would like to get back to it. Growing up my father was a school teacher who loved to camp, so I spent most of my early childhood summers car camping around Michigan and Wisconsin. Currently driving a 2019 Tundra TRD Off Road - no mods yet.

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

Hello folks!
Just signed up hoping to absorb as much information as I can for a upcoming trip I'm currently planning with my wife and 6 year old daughter in our 2018 Jeep Wrangler.

I'm a Broadway Stagehand and with Covid I will still be out of work for months to come so why not go visit family and friends that we haven't see in a while while the rest of the country starts to come back to life.
I'm putting a rooftop tent on my Jeep later this month and plan on hitting the road by around late June. I used to do camping trips on motorcycle years ago so this should be like a luxury. First time for my daughter.

I've already been spending a lot of time exploring and trying to learn how to use Gaia GPS but finding good camp sites is my big goal.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Contributor I

England, UK
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Harbon
Hi everyone
my names Chris I'm very new to the world of overlanding im from Lancashire in the UK, I've not got a rig just yet, I found this awesome site by googling about overlanding and I'm glad I did its got alot of friendly and knowledgeable people here that know a lot about everything overland that I'm glad of as I will probably annoy you all with alot of questions, thanks and hopefully speak soon

Solo Saga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crouse, NC, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Binderup
Member #

Geetings all, my name is Matt. Currently living in the Lynchburg, VA area. Previously lived in MI, AZ, NM, and OR - really enjoyed touring and exploring the SW in our XJ and would like to get back to it. Growing up my father was a school teacher who loved to camp, so I spent most of my early childhood summers car camping around Michigan and Wisconsin. Currently driving a 2019 Tundra TRD Off Road - no mods yet.
Charlotte NC area here. I'm a new member as well, #23453. Glad to see another S.E. Member.

My wife and I were in Lynchburg about a year ago. Nice town that will be even better once all the road work gets done, lol. That place has the nicest graveyard we've ever visited, and we've visited quite a few (yeah, we're umm, "different"). I'm looking forward to hitting the MABDR once my rig (92 Hilux 4x) is fit for long-distance duty. Be safe out there, and welcome to the community.

Reactions: Kent R

Solo Saga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crouse, NC, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Binderup
Member #

Hi everyone! I'm Derek, I'm a Respiratory Therapist in Virginia and brand new to overlanding.
Hey Derek! I'm in the Charlotte NC area. I'm a new member as well, but I'll still say, "Welcome to the community." I'm not brand new to Overlanding, but I'm no expert. It's great fun though, glad you're jumping in. Be safe out there.

Reactions: Kent R and Derek71