Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Moussa
Member #

1589301845744.png
Rig: 1997 Land Cruiser
Experience: In the Army I did a little of what would classify as overlanding, but I'm brand new to it as a hobby

Looking forward to meeting some folks in the area and learning more about overlanding.

Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@MikeFZJ80 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We had a fairly re-occurring meet up in the DFW area before the pandemic hit, hopefully it will pick up again when we are allowed to congregate. Keep an eye out for it.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Bosc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Underhill, VT, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Bosco
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm in Vermont driving around a 2017 Tacoma trd sport in blazing blue pearl. She's still stock right now except for taking the badges off and spraying the grill matte black.

I'm a long distance hiker that is incorporating the vehicle to be more of a base station for day hikes and overnights. My wife and I are looking to take it on a tour of Maine in the next couple months, once things with the covid settle down. We have plenty of camping/hiking gear but are really looking forward to having the ability to get a RTT.

I've been watching OB videos for a while now and just decided it was time to support. Nice meeting you all.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Well We're in. I have always loved adventure... sad that I've found this style so late in life. New member as of this morning (24563). I think by becoming a real member it will give me the drive to get out of my little rut. I have began some training for hikes that I have set for next year. I have the RTT and scouting 4x4's (Tacoma looks like the one) and still undecided. Hope to make some local trips when the curfew has lifted, see what we need, then start to venture out as far as the 2WD Yukon can take us.
Located in McKinney, TX
2WD rig for now
No Overland experience yet... but have done lots of tent camping, RV'ing, some hiking in the Smoky Mountain area. :-) That will change.

Xplore Adventure Gear

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Prospect Bay, NS, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
MacQuarrie
Member #

Been following along for many years, now finally a member. From Halifax, Nova Scotia. Spent a lot of time camping with family when I was very young. When we had our own kids 11 years ago I wanted to make sure they had those same memories when they grew up. That's how the journey started. Currently drive a 2017 4Runner Offroad. I am also a huge Land Rover fan. As I get time to get them running, I will post pics of them as well. LOL. I look forward to this new adventure. The picture I am posting is a little bit vehicle and scenery from last summer. Can't wait to get back out on the trails when things get back to normal.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

BedarBK

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Friendswood, TX, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Bedar
Member #

Howdy All!

I'm Keith, and I just joined on Star Wars Day, and super excited to be a part of the group! Just got the truck I've been wanting for the last number of years, so now's the time to get into this! Always have loved camping and the outdoors, and used to hike a decent amount. While I have driven across some fairly gnarly terrain in Edwards County, TX, I'd still consider myself Novice. All my experience was in ATV's and a Polaris Ranger. :smile:

My rig is a 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 (seen below.) Stock except for a quad-folding bed cover that came with it when I bought it. Dream of rigging this thing out though!

Hope to meet some of y'all soon!

ZR2.jpg

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Been following along for many years, now finally a member. From Halifax, Nova Scotia. Spent a lot of time camping with family when I was very young. When we had our own kids 11 years ago I wanted to make sure they had those same memories when they grew up. That's how the journey started. Currently drive a 2017 4Runner Offroad. I am also a huge Land Rover fan. As I get time to get them running, I will post pics of them as well. LOL. I look forward to this new adventure. The picture I am posting is a little bit vehicle and scenery from last summer. Can't wait to get back out on the trails when things get back to normal.
Welcome from a fellow Newbie (just this morning)! Nova Scotia... nice. I'm following a YouTuber (KeepYourDaydream) that's supposed to be heading that way in the next week or so. They have a 7 month itinerary to get there! Anyway... safe travels!

Offroad Hardwear

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pfronten, Deutschland
First Name
Philipp
Last Name
Zweng
Member #

1) Picture!

2) Location: Pfronten, Bavaria, Germany

3) Rig: Volkswagen Amarok, Jeep JKU Rubicon

4) Overlanding Experience Background:
Im an Overlander since 98
Western and Eastern Alps, Australian Outback, Lots of Trips to Eastern Europe, Trips to Arizona, Nevada and Utah

Attachments

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Howdy All!

I'm Keith, and I just joined on Star Wars Day, and super excited to be a part of the group! Just got the truck I've been wanting for the last number of years, so now's the time to get into this! Always have loved camping and the outdoors, and used to hike a decent amount. While I have driven across some fairly gnarly terrain in Edwards County, TX, I'd still consider myself Novice. All my experience was in ATV's and a Polaris Ranger. :smile:

My rig is a 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 (seen below.) Stock except for a quad-folding bed cover that came with it when I bought it. Dream of rigging this thing out though!

Hope to meet some of y'all soon!

View attachment 153449
Nice... this is still on my list with the Tacoma!

Reactions: Kent R

Ulybrew

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Metamora, IL, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
BREWER
Member #

Hello Team Overland Bound

Member intro here.

2) central IL. Peoria Area
3) Current Rig Ford F350 SD Diesel. Jeep JK inbound soon
4) Overlanding Experience Background : lots of trail time. Jeeps, atvs, trail maintenance, mostly in the Southeast

Ulybrew
#24,800

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Keith (@BedarBK ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have a Taco Tuesday Truck Talk meet up coming up next week in NE Houston, Taco Tuesday Truck Talk

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and BedarBK

Xplore Adventure Gear

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Prospect Bay, NS, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
MacQuarrie
Member #

Welcome from a fellow Newbie (just this morning)! Nova Scotia... nice. I'm following a YouTuber (KeepYourDaydream) that's supposed to be heading that way in the next week or so. They have a 7 month itinerary to get there! Anyway... safe travels!
They may need 7 months to get into the province with the way things are going.

Blackbox

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

UK
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kent
Member #

Hi everyone, from England.
We’ve recently picked up a 2013 JKU Wrangler but also get out in our slightly lower tech 1972 VW Westfalia. The jeep has a few mods lined up down the line and plenty of adventures once we can.
2B0026AD-E6CD-4028-86C7-544B8BBD31D0.jpeg1)

1EDB83D2-D8AB-47C9-84CD-5BC237126396.jpeg
We aren’t new to camping, exploring or driving around aimlessly but we are new to the more “off grid” nature of overlanding. The UK isn’t that well setup for it, but we definitely felt a bit freer across Europe in the bus last year.

stay safe.
Ian & Sophie

BedarBK

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Friendswood, TX, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Bedar
Member #

Hello Keith (@BedarBK ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Texas.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have a Taco Tuesday Truck Talk meet up coming up next week in NE Houston, Taco Tuesday Truck Talk

Thanks @Prerunner1982

Wasn't sure if I was supposed to be SE or SW. I've updated my Profile.