Bigveev

Rank 0

Contributor I

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
sansom
Hi all, new member, looking for inspiration and ideas for my first build. Currently have a fair bit of time on my hands thanks to pandemic. Prior off road is mainly motorbikes but im not getting anh younger.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Tackleberry

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Michigan
First Name
Derrin
Last Name
Derrick
Member #

2. Michigan - west side of lower peninsula, not far from Lake Michigan
3. 2001 4runner Limited
4. Novice, but lots of experience car camping and wheeling. Starting to do more combined together.

I've always loved the outdoors and it continues to refresh my soul to be in creation. Backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, and exploring all seem to compliment overlanding. Looking forward to learning more from you, and hopefully contributing where 20200318_210448.jpg20200104_151735.jpgI can.

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Hi all,
I just joined up and wanted to introduce myself. I've been learning a fair bit just from the u-tube so at least I won't go out totally unprepared anymore but I know there's more...so here I am, ready to learn stuff :D
We haven't been getting out too much so far this year since we're all supposed to Duck and Cover, shelter in place, or what ever it is but here's a pic from last year's opening weekend (deer season).
This is Nor Cal Sierra mountains west of Truckee towards Fordyce lake. Its mostly logging roads and high-clearance trails and some spectacular scenery.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
I just joined up and wanted to introduce myself. I've been learning a fair bit just from the u-tube so at least I won't go out totally unprepared anymore but I know there's more...so here I am, ready to learn stuff :D
We haven't been getting out too much so far this year since we're all supposed to Duck and Cover, shelter in place, or what ever it is but here's a pic from last year's opening weekend (deer season).
This is Nor Cal Sierra mountains west of Truckee towards Fordyce lake. Its mostly logging roads and high-clearance trails and some spectacular scenery.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2. Michigan - west side of lower peninsula, not far from Lake Michigan
3. 2001 4runner Limited
4. Novice, but lots of experience car camping and wheeling. Starting to do more combined together.

I've always loved the outdoors and it continues to refresh my soul to be in creation. Backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, and exploring all seem to compliment overlanding. Looking forward to learning more from you, and hopefully contributing where View attachment 152372View attachment 152373I can.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Grants Pass, OR when I'm not at UO in Eugene.
2005 Subaru Baja
Always loved camping, got started with the whole Overland thing about 2 years ago and joined now to find more people to go with.
I lived in GP for ten years and loved it great town. GO DUCKS
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Big G
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2. Whittier CA, SoCal, Los Angeles
3. 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
4.Overland novice, summer camping as a kid upstate New York and California deserts as a younger Man. Lol
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, new member, looking for inspiration and ideas for my first build. Currently have a fair bit of time on my hands thanks to pandemic. Prior off road is mainly motorbikes but im not getting anh younger.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I am new here and own a 1996 Lexus LX450 (80 series LC). I live along the northern edge of the Uwharrie National Forest. I work all over Eastern NC so I travel a lot (or did until COVID) My wife and I along with our 4 year old hike in Uwharrie often, so if you are ever in the area and need help, let me know. I am connected to a lot of NC manufacturing so if something breaks in NC I can help you find a fix, hopfully. I hope by year end or first of next year to start a LS swap on the LX450, so I'm open to suggestions or links to build threads. I also looking on several other forums too.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone ! I'm Very happy to now be a part of what I consider to be the best overland community out there ! I look forward to getting to know other members and be a part of this community ! New to overland travel but have been off roading for years . So as far as experience I would say novice lol
RIG -. 2000 jeep Cherokee xj
Region - Southeast - South Carolina
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi all,
That is a great photo. My first ever trip I took in my truck and roof top tent was up to the mountains and it dumped 12” of snow. You are a brave man! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be online again for May 9th 1-2:30

US West - Tri-Valley/Bay Area Zoom Call Discussing Tips and Trips

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

JustinH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hartley
Member #

Welcome Justin!
Love the 4rnr. What bumper is that?

I'm you're local Member Rep on Whidbey Island.

Currently, we have suspended all the in person meetups (for obvious reasons), but we do have a weekly conference call (every Sunday night at 7:30pm) held by a couple different member reps around the NorthWest region. The basic info is below:
Every Sunday at 7:30pm

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383
Access code: 586895#
International dial-in numbers: FreeConferenceCall.com
Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando
Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com

Anyway, hit me up if you need anything,

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Hi Gabe - thanks for the warm welcome! I’ll be sure to pop into the virtual meetups when possible. As for the front bumper, it and all of the armor (aside from the rear 4xinnovations swing out that’s currently being color matched/installed) are from AllPro Offroad. High quality products at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

Tru

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fullerton, CA, USA
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Trujillo
Member #

Finally decided to join and I'm sure glad I did. I recently started getting into camping/overlanding/offroading to get out with my family and see mother nature. Specially for my 5 yr old son. Got rid of my BMW to get a 02 4runner Limited just for that. I look forward to meeting some of you here near Fullerton, CA.Screenshot_20200504-150844_OneDrive.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Scott (@Swnewell ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When we can all start hanging out again keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Swnewell

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
2005 Subaru Baja
Always loved camping, got started with the whole Overland thing about 2 years ago and joined now to find more people to go with.
Hello Chad, welcome to the OB community. It's great to have another Grants Pass person as part of the Southern Oregon region. As Kent mentioned I am the Southern Oregon Regional Members Representative so I want you to know I am here for you in whatever way you need. Just before the shut down we had our first regional meeting here in GP with a great group of people. We will get back together as soon as possible but until then we can always communicate via this OB website. Feel free to contact me anytime. Take care and stay safe.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
2005 Subaru Baja
Welcome ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Big G is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound