Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy all! My name is Devin I am a carpenter from the Burlington, Vermont area just getting into overlanding over the last year or so. I have been building out my 2002 Tacoma double cab named 'Rubby' and am stoked to get on the (off)road to meet some new folks this summer once the global social climate relaxes a bit. Heres a larger version of the avatar photo, more to come on the drawer systems I built for the old girl. View attachment 151902
Hello Devin, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

JustinH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hartley
Member #

Hi there!
Blake from Shawnee OK, active duty nurse currently stationed in Oceanside CA, so we are loving all the adventure opportunities out here (prior to COVID-19, that is). Primary rig is a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 with a rooftop tent on the way, but we'll take the kids out in our 2013 Subaru Outback sometimes if it's an easy excursion. Offroading, camping, and hiking are our favorite activities, and we've been getting into kayaking recently. Overlanding experience is moderate, but no long/extended trips under my belt yet. Excited to be part of the community!
View attachment 147424
Hi Blake, Great looking 3rd gen! Glad I'm not the only one. ;) One word of advise if you do intend on getting off the grid.. throw a winch on that ARB. Mine has earned it's value many times over - plus it's great for stringing up a hammock!

JustinH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hartley
Member #

Hi All,

Justin from Seattle here. Finally got around to registering my membership - thanks pandemic.. The current overland rig of choice is a 2001 Toyota 4runner that's almost where I want to be. I have a history of building trucks/cars to the point of "completion" and then moving on to the next. This 4runner marks my 10th attempt to find the perfect rig. I've had everything from a brand new 2016 Tacoma TRDOR, a protype VW Alltrack, multiple 1st gen 4runners (1 that was solid axle swapped), and a host of IFS Toyota's / JDM cars sprinkled in between.

My wife and 3 dogs genuinely appreciate the experience of getting off the grid. Many of our weekends are spent roaming around the PNW, hunting for the newest spot to set up camp. If you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them (or would be happy to share some of ours). Right now we should be kicking off our annual National park road trip, which included a stop at Expo West, and the slickrock of Moab. Instead, I've been living vicrariosuly through others on Youtube and buying far too many car parts.. hah

Extremely thankful to be part of such a supportive and engaged community.

Cheers,
Justin

LRG_DSC07242.JPGLRG_DSC00273.JPG

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,

Justin from Seattle here. Finally got around to registering my membership - thanks pandemic.. The current overland rig of choice is a 2001 Toyota 4runner that's almost where I want to be. I have a history of building trucks/cars to the point of "completion" and then moving on to the next. This 4runner marks my 10th attempt to find the perfect rig. I've had everything from a brand new 2016 Tacoma TRDOR, a protype VW Alltrack, multiple 1st gen 4runners (1 that was solid axle swapped), and a host of IFS Toyota's / JDM cars sprinkled in between.

My wife and 3 dogs genuinely appreciate the experience of getting off the grid. Many of our weekends are spent roaming around the PNW, hunting for the newest spot to set up camp. If you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them (or would be happy to share some of ours). Right now we should be kicking off our annual National park road trip, which included a stop at Expo West, and the slickrock of Moab. Instead, I've been living vicrariosuly through others on Youtube and buying far too many car parts.. hah

Cheers,
Justin

View attachment 152227View attachment 152228
Hello Justin, welcome to the OB community.

RivMan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pinckney, MI, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Coppersmith III
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N8RTC
Hey, guys!

Rig: 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8
Experience: Lots of road trips, Lots of camping (20 years ago), Just getting back into it.

Just joined up, but have been interested in the idea of Overlanding for the last 6 years or so. I bought an older K5 Blazer a while back, with the idea that in wanted to build it to drive from Michigan to Moab, spend a couple weeks wheeling and camping, and drive home. I didn’t realize at the time that sort of travel had a name or a following!

I still have the Blazer, but never made the trip. Now that we have a two year old, we decided it wasn’t the right vehicle for a trip like that. I bought a V6 06 4Runner as a daily driver a couple years ago, and just recently upgraded to a V8 4th gen.

I have a pretty good setup going so far, spent the weekend out exploring the backroads of northern Michigan. Can’t wait to get out for more!

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Russell (@RLasiter), welcome from Oklahoma. Interesting Toyota you have there. You don't see many with utility beds on them, looks good.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Prior to this whole pandemic issue there was a DFW meet up, hopeful it will start up again when we are allowed to congregate. Keep an eye out for it.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Luis (@Luisiker ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brandon (@EpicOverland ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Where in OK are you?

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michael (@Rackmluzr ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mitchell (@PistolPete1307 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock on the first Saturday of each month, so once the plague passes hopefully you can join in. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Yaniv (@Yaniv) welcome to OB. I see you are a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night (in the US) Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
Sorry I don't know what day/time that is for you. Many of us use the Echolink app to join the net if that is easier for you to join.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tommy (@Mitten2Mountains ), I also see you are a ham. Hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
Don't worry if you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater, many of us just use the Echolink app.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Vasil (@Wolverine4x4 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have an Easy Valley meet up in Gilbert so when things return to normal keep an eye out for that.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, guys!

Rig: 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8
Experience: Lots of road trips, Lots of camping (20 years ago), Just getting back into it.

Just joined up, but have been interested in the idea of Overlanding for the last 6 years or so. I bought an older K5 Blazer a while back, with the idea that in wanted to build it to drive from Michigan to Moab, spend a couple weeks wheeling and camping, and drive home. I didn’t realize at the time that sort of travel had a name or a following!

I still have the Blazer, but never made the trip. Now that we have a two year old, we decided it wasn’t the right vehicle for a trip like that. I bought a V6 06 4Runner as a daily driver a couple years ago, and just recently upgraded to a V8 4th gen.

I have a pretty good setup going so far, spent the weekend out exploring the backroads of northern Michigan. Can’t wait to get out for more!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Very_Cool_Jeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
vasil
Last Name
sivilov
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hello Vasil (@Wolverine4x4 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have an Easy Valley meet up in Gilbert so when things return to normal keep an eye out for that.

Thanks a lot mate

Janne

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sodankylä, Lappi, Finland
First Name
Janne
Last Name
Vaaramaa
Member #

Hey everyone. Im janne. I discover recently that you can sleep in car, i’ve always been in groung tent or somekind lean-to shelter.

my rig, mb ml-04 2,7tdi fotos from 2019 summer
Location. Lapland, Finland
Experience. Somwhere in midle of rookie and expert

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Cheers,
Justin

View attachment 152227View attachment 152228
Welcome to Overland Bound Justin.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: JustinH

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Im janne. I discover recently that you can sleep in car, i’ve always been in groung tent or somekind lean-to shelter.

my rig, mb ml-04 2,7tdi fotos from 2019 summer
Location. Lapland, Finland
Experience. Somwhere in midle of rookie and expert
Welcome to Overland Bound Janne.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all my name is Krzysztof. New to overlanding. Have done some off roading in the past.
08 Toyota Tacoma

Working on body protection at this time. Next is roof rack and maybe a tent.

Tacoma Washington USA
Welcome to Overland Bound Krzysztof.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®