Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 152163
2012 Jeep JKU just slightly modified ;)
I have been enjoying the great outdoor for a long time. Now getting my wife and children involved is important to me also to spend quality time with them outdoors
Everything from quick day trips to the mountains to multi-day camping trips, we love adventures.
Hello Keith, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone my name is Vasil from Mesa, Arizona new member here.
For past two years ive been building my rig not quite yet done. This is my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon 3.6 L Manual Trany , Teraflex Alpine CT3 3.5 Suspension with 3.3 Falcon adjustable shocks. I am still upgrading my Jeep and hopefully it will be ready for Overlanding next June. I am so proud to be part of Overland Bound team :)
Hello Vasil, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!
CV-19 Lockdown has me motivated to do some projects, most importantly, join into the community!

I have always loved the Videos from Corrie and Michael, and now more than ever, they are a welcome distraction.

Current Rig: 07 JKU Rubi-Clone
Previous Rigs: 4runners (x5) and Subarus (x6)
Biggest challenge is keeping organization, with versatile, and not over dedication to equipment and losing functionality.
Looking forward to others tips / tricks and sharing mine.

View attachment 152128
Hello Tommy, welcome to the OB community.
Whats up! This is Anthony from Seattle,WA. I'm an IBEW electrician out of Seattle local. Ive been a big fan of Overlanding, and am an active outdoorsman. I just got my 2006 Ford F150, in December 2019. Was stocked pretty well, but now the fun part begins as i plan on the new build for my rig. I'm a novice in Overlanding, but looking forward to being in this community and meeting up, PROST!!!View attachment 152129
Hello Anthony, welcome to the OB community

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thanks for allowing me to join from South Carolina. My two "travel" passions are cross country RV travel and backwoods travel & adventure. My wife & I are long time campers and would travel in our Toyota SR5 pickup camping back in the 1980's, in our K2500 in the 90's and our 4Runner LTD in the 2000"s. We bought a Class A motorhome last in 2018 and recently bought our KL TRailhawk.

Our plan is cross country travel after my wife retires. spending weeks and even months in different parts of the country using our motor home as temporary base camp and doing 1-5 day trips overlanding in our Jeep. (In the meantime, we hope to find other overlanders in the Carolinas to do some overland camping with)
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community.

Aaron Hagar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Hagar
Member #

Hello everyone! excited to be part of this group! I’ve been working all year preparing my Land Rover Defender 110 as my family Overlanding rig. Anxious to exercise and get to know it offroad. Looking to get out if anyone is up for it! I’m up in Lake Tahoe. Trying to find some trails in Nevada as California is closed up. Kind of on the fence if it’s ok or not to get out on the trails. Not sure if it’s frowned upon right now. I’d love to get out. Please hit me up if anyone’s game. Cheers and be safe and well.

Member 22564
Rig 1999 Defender 110

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey guys! Decided to sign up... any Land Rover guys might recognize me from other forums.

Rigs:
05 Land Rover LR3 HSE
84 Land Rover Defender 90
65 Land Rover Series IIA 88
Overlanding Experience Background: Pretty experienced, all over the western US, Canada, and Mexico.
Hello Neill, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Aaron Hagar

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! excited to be part of this group! I’ve been working all year preparing my Land Rover Defender 110 as my family Overlanding rig. Anxious to exercise and get to know it offroad. Looking to get out if anyone is up for it! I’m up in Lake Tahoe. Trying to find some trails in Nevada as California is closed up. Kind of on the fence if it’s ok or not to get out on the trails. Not sure if it’s frowned upon right now. I’d love to get out. Please hit me up if anyone’s game. Cheers and be safe and well.

Member 22564
Rig 1999 Defender 110
Hello Arron, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey there,

Yaniv from Israel (at the moment :grinning:)
We are travelling with various trucks in Israel and Jordan for over 15 years now.

Our latest truck is a Mitsubishi Triton (also known as L200 in some places), year 2017.
We camp on the ground (tents) or in hammocks (when there are trees), no RTT as it's a millage killer.

View attachment 152097View attachment 152098
Hello Yaniv, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi y’all
My name is Wrench Love I’m in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Or). New to the whole Overland thing though I’ve been using my rigs to explore and disperse camp for years.
I’m currently building my 2003 Subaru Outback to be my go rig for trail runs and camping. Hopefully I will get lots of ideas within this group. Looking forward to meeting some of you that are in my area.
Thanks
Wrench View attachment 151976
Hello Kevin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings from South Florida!
completely new to overlanding; have done car camping a bit but looking to take my escape the next step round these parts.

don’t really have pictures of it except after it got stolen and crashed. Future plans: AT tired and HR spring lift just to help get around until I’ve saved enough for a Trailhawk Cherokee with tow package for the dirt bike.
Hello Javier, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone i recently joined.. We are looking in a trailer rig that can support 2 for full time travel. We don't want to be in camp grounds but very much out in the wild. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wanting to stay with off-road types.
Hello Larry and Lindsey, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy all! My name is Devin I am a carpenter from the Burlington, Vermont area just getting into overlanding over the last year or so. I have been building out my 2002 Tacoma double cab named 'Rubby' and am stoked to get on the (off)road to meet some new folks this summer once the global social climate relaxes a bit. Heres a larger version of the avatar photo, more to come on the drawer systems I built for the old girl. View attachment 151902
Hello Devin, welcome to the OB community.

JustinH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hartley
Member #

Hi there!
Blake from Shawnee OK, active duty nurse currently stationed in Oceanside CA, so we are loving all the adventure opportunities out here (prior to COVID-19, that is). Primary rig is a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 with a rooftop tent on the way, but we'll take the kids out in our 2013 Subaru Outback sometimes if it's an easy excursion. Offroading, camping, and hiking are our favorite activities, and we've been getting into kayaking recently. Overlanding experience is moderate, but no long/extended trips under my belt yet. Excited to be part of the community!
View attachment 147424
Hi Blake, Great looking 3rd gen! Glad I'm not the only one. ;) One word of advise if you do intend on getting off the grid.. throw a winch on that ARB. Mine has earned it's value many times over - plus it's great for stringing up a hammock!