Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I actually knew my drivers side tire today! On a CURB! Ugh. Labor Day weekend and I’m stranded and unhappy with such a nice vehicle. I had plans. Perhaps those plans should wait for different tires/wheels. Thanks for your feedback!
Wait you popped a second tire? As far as options I don’t know specifics for your vehicle, but more the ratios. You want a 16-17” wheel so that you can have more rubber. It won’t affect the quietness too much, that’s more the tread pattern of going from a street tire to maybe an all terrain. What sidewall affects is you’ll have a little more flex if you corner super hard. So for my Tacoma I have 32” tall tires, overall. 16” of that is wheel, the other 16” is tire. You have 20” wheels which are pretty big wheels for your size vehicle, so maybe consider some 17” wheels at least that will fit Honda’s lug pattern and that will prevent more problems off road and for your dangerous curbs you’ve got there :)

All-terrains are a good option for snow, gravel, and street. I’m not sure what kind of tire came with your ride but something to consider.

Reactions: rls002

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Wait you popped a second tire? As far as options I don’t know specifics for your vehicle, but more the ratios. You want a 16-17” wheel so that you can have more rubber. It won’t affect the quietness too much, that’s more the tread pattern of going from a street tire to maybe an all terrain. What sidewall affects is you’ll have a little more flex if you corner super hard. So for my Tacoma I have 32” tall tires, overall. 16” of that is wheel, the other 16” is tire. You have 20” wheels which are pretty big wheels for your size vehicle, so maybe consider some 17” wheels at least that will fit Honda’s lug pattern and that will prevent more problems off road and for your dangerous curbs you’ve got there :)

All-terrains are a good option for snow, gravel, and street. I’m not sure what kind of tire came with your ride but something to consider.
Continental tires, 245/65/20. The 18” from Jsport are highly recommended but those Nitto grapplers gave me a bit concerned.i didn’t blow another tire, same one, thank God!
They use granite here because of a local granite quarry. Sharp edges and thin side walls don’t mix.
Just seems like a lot of $$$ to get it “right”, you know?

Reactions: PapaDave

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Welcome! I’m just south of Charlotte NC!

Reactions: rls002

nakman

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Broomfield
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nakari
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0NAK
Greetings all... stumbled over here today searching for some rack accessories, had no idea! I'm kinda old school Toyota, so relatively new to the IG scene but will do my best to remember to poke over here also. My name is Tim, have had a number or rigs over the years the current ones are a 1982 FJ40, 1987 FJ60, and 2006 GX470- the Lexus is the overlanding rig for the moment, as I work on getting the 60 fit for duty. I'm also an active member and officer of the Rising Sun 4x4 Club in Colorado, and have been a TLCA member since 2003, been running/leading trails for 15 years now. I suspect you other Toyota guys will recognize me, yeah I'm the same guy.

I also own and operate my own business called Gamiviti... we offer a number of overlanding products, the main product line being our own design of roof racks for Toyota & Lexus.. I'm not here to promot, as I'm mainly here to learn and add value. Thanks for having me!

Last edited by a moderator:

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

IMG_20190724_174835.jpg
nothing crazy just got it.
2019 taco with manual trans :)

i stay in the Memphis,TN area. Been lookin for places to camp and overland/weekend trip it to. Kinda sparce around here though sadly

Does being attached to artillery in the military count for experience lololol?

Rokketz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Washburn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ATP
Hello everyone from Dallas Texas area, new to the forum and to the way of life. I'm in the process of making a few modifications to my two 100 series vehicles, i have a 1999 Landcruiser and a 2000 LX470. Not 100% sure which one (yet) will ultimately end up being my primary rig. I look forward to learning a great deal from the forum and I am already in the process of planning my first trip. I have tons of experience camping and have moderate to good mechanical skill (i do most of all the work on my cruisers). Thanks for the forum!

rcovich

Rank I

Contributor I

3161 South Wells Street, Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Covich
Member #

Reactions: Kent R

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Good evening.

Short introduction.
Name is Dallas. Grew up hunting, camping, farming. Love outdoors. My wife and I raised our kid's camping and traveling to camp in cool places.

I do not have a "rig" as of right now. I used to have an 85 blazer built. Did almost everything in Moab.

Wife and I are empty nesters as of last month. We will be replacing her 05 Honda pilot with a 4 runner in the next year. The Pilot is an amazing vehicle. No low range.

Anyway, I look forward to progressing into the "Overland" community.

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

W
Good evening.

Short introduction.
Name is Dallas. Grew up hunting, camping, farming. Love outdoors. My wife and I raised our kid's camping and traveling to camp in cool places.

I do not have a "rig" as of right now. I used to have an 85 blazer built. Did almost everything in Moab.

Wife and I are empty nesters as of last month. We will be replacing her 05 Honda pilot with a 4 runner in the next year. The Pilot is an amazing vehicle. No low range.

Anyway, I look forward to progressing into the "Overland" community.
Welcome from North Carolina

Reactions: Captstout

BlueFourMike

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Barrington, IL, USA
First Name
Vlad
Last Name
Dobin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9PUL
Service Branch
Army
Hello from Illinois. Here is the overlanding truck I’m putting together for adventures around North America. It’s a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. I have a roof rack, sliders, and a high clearance bumper on their way. I was stationed in Alaska and camped out of a Toyota Highlander. After that, we camped in central Kansas. That hardly qualified as anything other than camping.

We have planned trips to Wisconsin, Colorado, Virginia, and Kentucky during the next 12 months. I’m looking forward to learning from everyone!

31C54041-9F5A-4BC8-B667-D5A18FAA3C8C.jpeg

3CCAFB62-3B92-4338-B76F-2DC6D7F9DD8B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Hello. Here is the overlanding truck I’m putting together for adventures around North America. It’s a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. I have a roof rack, sliders, and a high clearance bumper on their way. I was stationed in Alaska and camped out of a Toyota Highlander. After that, we camped in central Kansas. That hardly qualified as anything other than camping.

We have planned trips to Wisconsin, Colorado, Virginia, and Kentucky during the next 12 months. I’m looking forward to learning from everyone!

View attachment 115682
Nice setup, welcome to OB from WA.

Reactions: BlueFourMike

rls002

Rank I

Member I

Salisbury, NC, USA
First Name
Robb
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Hello. Here is the overlanding truck I’m putting together for adventures around North America. It’s a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. I have a roof rack, sliders, and a high clearance bumper on their way. I was stationed in Alaska and camped out of a Toyota Highlander. After that, we camped in central Kansas. That hardly qualified as anything other than camping.

View attachment 115682
Nice set up!

Reactions: BlueFourMike

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Karl and I am a 4WD addict - there I admit it :blush:

I am new here and I live in Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia and I am heavily involved in 4WDing (or Overlanding as you guys refer to it) camping and photography.

I am also the President of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Western Australia - one of our state's biggest 4WD Clubs.

I drive a Nissan Navara D40 (Thai build) automatic turbo diesel and my campertrailer is a Pioneer Longreach.

I look forward to being a part of these forums and keep you guys informed of my adventures along the westcoast of Western Australia.

Thanks for having me.

Karl

My set up.

2019-07-06 4WD - 004-Edit.jpg

Camping under the Milky Way

2019-07-06 Astro - 011-Edit.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joshua (@Downs) , welcome from Oklahoma. We must be in about every XJ/Jeep/offroad forum/group together. :tearsofjoy: Good to have you here too!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R