Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, member #16829 out of Leavenworth, KS, here! Looking to adventure and learn, and share as much as I can with ya'll. Currently finishing up my rig, a 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited. All I've got left for now is a front bumper and tire swing out, which I pick up upon completion in four weeks from DGG Fabrication in Springfield, MO. Hoping to see some of ya'll around soon! I'll be frequenting Kansas Rocks with my local Toyota group, actually will he there this Saturday, the 27th.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Glad to see you made it onto the forum!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there folks,

• I'm located in the SF Bay Area, CA.
  • Purchased a 2006 LX470 in May of 2018. Still in mall crawler mode. Taking my time fixing it up.
  • Novice.
  • Love doing anything outdoors with the wife and kids :smile:.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 95095
Hey all! I'm located in south orange county, ca and grew up doing the whole desert thing. I moved to the East Coast a few years ago and sold all of my offroading gear. About a year ago I picked up my montero after moving back tot he area and after a few trips my wife is surprisingly interested in doing more vehicle supported adventuring! The rig is a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero XLS, its currently got +1 size tires and I have an old man emu hd kit sitting the garage. I'm hoping to build it into a simple overland rig over the next few years!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Rig: 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
Overlanding Experience Background: Not a lot of experience but looking forward to it. I found this by accident while reading on another forum. I've been all over the world but seen very little of the USA so I am trying to make plans for a road trip out West next Spring and looking at all of the advice on how to outfit the Jeep, what to take, what to do, etc.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks, my name is William
Location SW Virginia/ east Tn.
Drive a modified 96 Jeep Cherokee
Novice to overlanding not camping
Love to work on my vehicles, and being outdoors.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are on the boundary of two Regions the Southeast and East, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. Jamie from middle NC. Pretty new to overlanding but have been camping since I was a pup. Picked up a 98 Jeep XJ on the cheap and am ready to start some new adventures. Wife and I passed out Ham technician exams last week and waiting for our call signs.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 95156
I have a ‘94 Toyota Land Cruiser without lockers. That I received for a decent price and counts right pass it up about 4 years ago. I live in Las Vegas NV try to get out as much as possible. However, like everyone, work and life keep me from getting out as often as I would like. I originally built her to sell. The further I got into her I realized I didn’t want to sell her eventually made her reliable and made her my daily driver. A 2-3” OME lift. Corbeau Moab Seats, and more recently arb front and rear bumpers.

I’m fairly new to overlanding. But love to get out as often as I can.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!
@HappyOurOverlanding is your NV Member Rep

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

JBurg540

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Michigan, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Burgard
Member #

Hello to all!

Finally joined the Overland Bound community and located near the Tri-Cities of Michigan. Served in the US Army and now work in the automotive industry doing systems engineering.

20181009_075908.jpg
Rig is a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Crew Cab w/ Longbed. So far added nerf bars, fender flares, and a Diamond Back SE tonneau cover. Plan to remove the air dam when I install a set of skid plates (type of plates TBD). Still figuring out the final set up of the bed with Unistrut and a plywood base plate with threaded tee nuts for very configurable tie down / mounting options.

New to overlanding as currently understood, but did plenty travel by, living out of, and vehicle mounted operations while in the US Army! My goal is to explore Michigan and to teach & learn new outdoors skills with my sons.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Chris Racklyeft from Monroe, MI. I drive a ‘14 Subaru XV, lifted a couple inches but still building it up. I’ve only been doing things like this for a couple years now and enjoy it. Hope to see you out there

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Matt here, from Orange County, CA
Recently bought a new 2018 Wrangler JKRU
Novice Overlander, lots of camping when young and Army "camping"
Ready for adventure!
Only mods so far are 4"lift, 35"tires, Grab Bars, and fire extinguisher :tonguewink:
Working on HAM radio, lights, switch pod, CO2, and drop down table and shelf for rear.
Roof top tent by end of summer. I hope...

View attachment 95149View attachment 95150View attachment 95151

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys I just bought my fj recently. I live in southern Minnesota. View attachment 95139

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

The FJ is a great Overlanding platform.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! New member here. Lebanon Oregon, in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Happy to be here.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all!

Finally joined the Overland Bound community and located near the Tri-Cities of Michigan. Served in the US Army and now work in the automotive industry doing systems engineering.

View attachment 95162
Rig is a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Crew Cab w/ Longbed. So far added nerf bars, fender flares, and a Diamond Back SE tonneau cover. Plan to remove the air dam when I install a set of skid plates (type of plates TBD). Still figuring out the final set up of the bed with Unistrut and a plywood base plate with threaded tee nuts for very configurable tie down / mounting options.

New to overlanding as currently understood, but did plenty travel by, living out of, and vehicle mounted operations while in the US Army! My goal is to explore Michigan and to teach & learn new outdoors skills with my sons.

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

bfoster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Johns, FL, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!
Awesome! Thanks Kent!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi - Vanessa here, new member looking to learn more and ask the occasional question. I am American but currently living in London. I aspire to travel throughout Europe in my Jeep Wrangler with my doggos (see photo). Any location suggestions are welcome!View attachment 95165

Your Director is @Polaris Overland

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome Mark @Mark F. ,
I am from Lubbock, sad to see the coliseum torn down. A lot of memories of running around that thing as a kid during the home football games while my Dad and friend's tailgated.
I have been relocated to Oklahoma for the last 25+ years, but west Texas and Eastern NM will always be home to me.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

Also there is a North Central Texas meet and greet planned.

If you have any questions let me know.

Contributor I

South East MASS
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Torres
Hello Everyone! Super stoked to join and be part of the community here! I am also happy to say I officially purchased my overland vehicle 2 weeks ago and have already started plans for modifications.

I live in a Southeastern, MA about 40 min ride to Boston or Providence, RI. Normally taking my previous vehicles 4 wheeling on the beaches in Cape Cod, but I am looking forward to more backwoods adventures up north in NH, VT or Maine.

2016 Tacoma Sport- Double Cab
6 Speed Manual 4x4

mcgeetech

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey folks!

My name is Jay.
Location: Currently Living in Northern Virginia, but home will always be Colorado.
Rig: 2015 Town and County Mini-van. It fits the wife, three kids and a small dog with stuff really well. Looking to add an adventure trailer to make Nomadic action easier.
Overlanding Experience: Minor. Little bit of Boy Scout adventuring, and my wife insists on camping where there is plumbing available (lot of tummy issues in the family, so this is not unreasonable) but I am looking to get out with the kids more as they get older.

Speak at you all later!