Spirit Lake, Idaho, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
Not sure how I missed this site over the years, but better late than never. I've done a fair amount of Overlanding, mainly in Vermont with Vermont Overland. I have a 2006 Jeep LJ, with most of the Jeep gone. LS conversion, dynatrac axles, other toys. Still a great long distance overlander, as I drive it from Virginia to hit the class IV VT roads. I'm active duty Navy, but headed toward retirement in 2020. Moab, Rubicon, etc await after I hang up the uniform.
Welcome to OB! I'd love to see your LJ some day, it sounds great! This is the platform my wife and I want to get setup with over the next couple months.

DogToy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello, I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly... but here we go.
Hi, I'm Kim, New to the "Overlanding" idea, but been a firm road tripper for many moons. Since purchasing my latest 4Runner and looking at the options I've come across a lot of fun add ons and realize that my road trips could be so much more.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot. I'm hoping my questions don't drive folks nuts.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Alaska in 2020 with our Room-mate who travels with us (and experiences Autism). Looking for those must do's and the don'ts you don't realize are don'ts until they're dones...

I live in the PNW and haul myself around in a 2018 T4R TRD Off Road Premium. I never thought I'd love a car more than I loved my 3rd Gen but there is some luxury in this smooth ride. LOL

Attachments

Jdub6220

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Scappoose, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Kim, welcome to the group. Don’t worry about questions driving people nuts, that’s what we’re here for, to help each other out and answer questions to the best of our ability. If I were to give one piece of advice it would be don’t get too caught up in all the bells and whistles that you can get for your car. There are a lot of cool and functional things you can do, like a rooftop tent which is on my list. I think it’d be a good way to save space in the car, and you’ve always got your tent if an opportunity presents it self.

Hope to meet on the trails some day!
Cheers,
Joe.

Reactions: DogToy

Chris MacLeod

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Frisco, TX, USA
Member #

HELLO everyone, was in Sadona last week and said got very jealous of the guys able to sleep under that beautiful night sky...I said I need to get into this so here I am. Love the outdoors and cannot wait to get started.

Rig: 2018 Ford F-150 XLT
Experience: novice camper/newbie overlander

Attachments

willk2466

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,
I joined to learn, get ideas, and start a foundation which i hope to work off of on my first build. I had a '85 K5 military blazer m1009 i did work to but now i would love to get another to make it an overland rig, along with a Tacoma. I'm an avid hunter and it would be nice to lose my '07 Silverado 1500 for something a bit smaller and more user friendly in regards to trails, "overland", and reliability.
Thanks and wish everyone the best!

Last edited:

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

Hello everyone, finally pulled the trigger and joined after watching some overland videos on YouTube and watching Michael (I'm a subscriber to overland bound on YouTube lol) and I must say I've done some overlanding, but i didn't know I was even overlanding, but not like the stuff I saw on YouTube. The wife and I are excited to get out and explore this beautiful country of ours and meet new people.
Rig: 2000 toyota tundra (stock)
Experience: still a novice, but plenty of outdoor experience​
So looking forward to meet all of you in the coming future

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi, I'm Kim, New to the "Overlanding" idea, but been a firm road tripper for many moons. Since purchasing my latest 4Runner and looking at the options I've come across a lot of fun add ons and realize that my road trips could be so much more.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot. I'm hoping my questions don't drive folks nuts.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Alaska in 2020 with our Room-mate who travels with us (and experiences Autism). Looking for those must do's and the don'ts you don't realize are don'ts until they're dones...

I live in the PNW and haul myself around in a 2018 T4R TRD Off Road Premium. I never thought I'd love a car more than I loved my 3rd Gen but there is some luxury in this smooth ride. LOL
Welcome to Overland Bound Kim (@DogToy)! I have some great news for you: You did it right (or maybe there is no wrong way... whatever.) But wait, there is even more good news: You can't drive us nuts with too many questions, because we are already crazy :tonguewink:.

Interestingly enough, it was planning for a trip to Alaska that brought me to the Overland Bound site. Our plan is to make our first (of many) trips this July. We are going to visit Ketchikan and Prince of Whales Island. Not quite as dramatic as driving to Anchorage or to the Arctic Circle, but it is a starting point. As the parent of two adult children on the Autism spectrum, I think it is AWESOME that you are planning on having your roommate join you.

As for information on traveling to Alaska, one of your local Overland Bound members, @Terry Pickens from Vancouver, WA is in the process of planning a trip there this summer, so he can probably provide you good leads on research and also, in a few months, some great field intel. You should check out his thread about it [link]. I also recommend checking out the Northwest Region forum [link], where you will find members from all over the PNW, including in your area and in Alaska.

You might also benefit from attending a meetup or other event in your area. Those are posted in our Rally Point system [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, finally pulled the trigger and joined after watching some overland videos on YouTube and watching Michael (I'm a subscriber to overland bound on YouTube lol) and I must say I've done some overlanding, but i didn't know I was even overlanding, but not like the stuff I saw on YouTube. The wife and I are excited to get out and explore this beautiful country of ours and meet new people.
Welcome to Overland Bound, check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet-ups! Look forward to seeing you out there!

NorthWestXplor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goldendale, WA
Member #

Hello Everyone!
I actually joined OB a while ago (got my badge and everything #12027) but I started a new job last year and have not made time to introduce myself yet. I have been stalking the forums for a while though, mostly the vehicle builds, getting ideas for my new rig. Anyway here's a brief getting to know me:

Location - Columbia River Gorge area of the PNW.
Rig - Brand new 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road, still completely stock, named "Lobo".
Experience - New to Overlanding, but have been an outdoor enthusiast most of my life.

Anyway just wanted to say that its great to be here!
And...some pics of my new truck!Lobo Hill Climb.jpg Lobo Columbia.jpg Lobo Harsh Grey.jpg

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Just joined, I just moved back south to NC and got a 2001 4runner, stock, good condition but 262,000 miles. I want to make changes and give myself more trails to do. Novice but been redneck in Bama for so long before my Northern living that I get it. Camping with a young family and a capable machine is what I am after. I love advice.

Thanks all,
Evan
Welcome from Northern VA/DC!

Be sure to check out the 4Runner Owner’s Registry. [emoji1360]

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Hi All. Rafael Valle aka ABTK01. I'm looking forward to explore the back country of our beautiful country, beginning in the Southeast. Coming to you from Orlando Florida in my gen 1 2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD. It's also my daily driver, I know it's heavy but I'm living with the adage "drive what you drive". I've already signed up to join Ross Bruno at Withlacoochee State Forest-Citrus unit - 02/08/2019 along with Robert Ewing, FarmJeepWrangler, Ruben Ferran and Ernesto Diaz.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Sounds much like my story. The wife and daughter aren't interested in joining my while backpacking. Overlanding is the answer to more family fun in the great outdoors!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello Everyone!
I actually joined OB a while ago (got my badge and everything #12027) but I started a new job last year and have not made time to introduce myself yet. I have been stalking the forums for a while though, mostly the vehicle builds, getting ideas for my new rig. Anyway here's a brief getting to know me:

Location - Columbia River Gorge area of the PNW.
Rig - Brand new 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road, still completely stock, named "Lobo".
Experience - New to Overlanding, but have been an outdoor enthusiast most of my life.

Anyway just wanted to say that its great to be here!
And...some pics of my new truck!View attachment 84503 View attachment 84504 View attachment 84505
Welcome, @NorthWestXplor! Better late to introduce yourself than never, right? I hope the new job is going well for you and provides you with enough time to take that great looking Taco out for some Adventure. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, although most will be a little bit of a drive from where your located. That being said, I still recommend checking out the Overland Bound Northwest Region forum [link] so that you can get to know what is going on in the PNW. You might also find the Member Map [link] useful for finding local overlanders meet up with.

The best place to keep track of upcoming events is through the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound