Launch Member

Contributor III

Wenatchee, WA
First Name
David
Last Name
Gruener
Member #

Been lurking for a bit. Finally joined! I'm looking forward to meeting more members in my area. Been out searching for dirt roads for 17 years now. Now, more often than not, you'll find at least one of my sons in tow. I'm super thankful my 3-year-old seems to love it as much as I do. We'll see if my 7-month-old follows suit. I started with a 1991 XJ, then a 2000 Disco Series II, then a 2009 Scion tC (yes, it saw many dirt roads!), and now I finally own a vehicle from my dream list, a 1994 80 Series Land Cruiser.

David
Petaluma, CA
1994 FZJ80 with a few scars

20181105_221318000_iOS copy.jpg

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Hello all,

This is Ben from just outside Indianapolis, IN.

I have the lovely Elsie, a 2006 lx470. I have been off roading since highschool and always dreamed of an overland rig. This past year I finally found my rig and have built a temporary removable bed, screened windows, and added nitto trail grapplers. View attachment 78351 View attachment 78352 View attachment 78353
Welcome SpacemanSpiff! Nice transformation from daily driver rig to adventure mobile!

Reactions: SpacemanSpiff

Ynot

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

KY
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4UTC
Hello Everyone,
My name is Tony. Found this site today...joined today. Really KEWL.
I'm from NE KY, have done a lot of traveling/fishing in a 3500 Silverado, Lance Camper and 22' Blazer Bay boat. Also, tent camped a lot while Scoutmaster for 14 years.
Now looking forward to some Overlanding. But going about it a little different than most. Just purchased a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited and looking for a Class C to tow it. Will be using the Class C as basecamp across the country and exploring with the JL.
Looking forward to exploring more of your site and learning from your members.
Cheers,
Tony

Jake Rough Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Porte, IN
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I'm from NE KY, have done a lot of traveling/fishing in a 3500 Silverado, Lance Camper and 22' Blazer Bay boat. Also, tent camped a lot while Scoutmaster for 14 years.
Now looking forward to some Overlanding. But going about it a little different than most. Just purchased a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited and looking for a Class C to tow it. Will be using the Class C as basecamp across the country and exploring with the JL.
Cheers,
Tony
Welcome to OB.

Jake Rough Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

La Porte, IN
Member #

Hello from New Zealand! I recently joined as a full fledged member as well, looking forward to adding some local trails as awesome adventure locations to the member map. I use a Jeep Wrangler JKU for adventures and it’s also my daily driver. Look forward to connecting with you all!
Welcome to OB. Have fun exploring!

T4RSeq556

Rank 0

Traveler I

FL
Hello All,

My name is Frank. New to overlanding. I have a 14 month old and 3 month old so haven’t really been able to do more than short day trips at the moment, but looking forward to getting out there more. Located in S. Florida which also makes it difficult to get anywhere super cool with really young kids at the moment. I’m using a gen 2 Sequoia 4x4 with center diff lock and wifey has gen 5 4Runner SR5 4x4, no diff lock. Looking to use the Sequoia more with size of fam and dog included. Anyone ever heard of a way to get a rear locker on gen 2 Sequoia by chance??

Anyway, looking forward to adventures (hopefully getting out west at some point) with the fam and learning from all of you!

-Frank

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All,

My name is Frank. New to overlanding. I have a 14 month old and 3 month old so haven’t really been able to do more than short day trips at the moment, but looking forward to getting out there more. Located in S. Florida which also makes it difficult to get anywhere super cool with really young kids at the moment. I’m using a gen 2 Sequoia 4x4 with center diff lock and wifey has gen 5 4Runner SR5 4x4, no diff lock. Looking to use the Sequoia more with size of fam and dog included. Anyone ever heard of a way to get a rear locker on gen 2 Sequoia by chance??

Anyway, looking forward to adventures (hopefully getting out west at some point) with the fam and learning from all of you!

-Frank
Welcome to Overland Bound, a great community with great people. Make sure to check the forums for your local Overlanding groups and meet-ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all,

I did not have a vehicle suitable for dirt travel so I’ve been living vicariously through the OB YouTube vids. Last week I turned in my 11 yr old Dodge diesel with 50k on it (very good trade in)...

View attachment 78421

...and came home with a Tacoma.

View attachment 78422

I pay the bills and play a little by making this kind of stuff...View attachment 78423View attachment 78424

Located in the high desert SoCal.

Regards, glad to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: David Sharp

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Arnold Alsua
Los Angeles, California
2004 Land Rover Discovery

Been wheeling here and there, nothing serious. New to Overlanding.

Cheers!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been lurking for a bit. Finally joined! I'm looking forward to meeting more members in my area. Been out searching for dirt roads for 17 years now. Now, more often than not, you'll find at least one of my sons in tow. I'm super thankful my 3-year-old seems to love it as much as I do. We'll see if my 7-month-old follows suit. I started with a 1991 XJ, then a 2000 Disco Series II, then a 2009 Scion tC (yes, it saw many dirt roads!), and now I finally own a vehicle from my dream list, a 1994 80 Series Land Cruiser.

David
Petaluma, CA
1994 FZJ80 with a few scars

View attachment 78430

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.
We are planing to start a meet-up in Santa Rosa early next year, you will receive a message on the forum about it once the date and time are established.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

-Frank

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
Cheers,
Tony

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

makya

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi!
I'm Perry, living up in pioneer, California.
Currently I'm running a 98 ford ranger extra cab, and recently picked up an 81 toyota pick up as a project truck for overlanding.
I've been off roading (off and on) for most of my 44 years, starting when my dad bought an old army jeep when I was a kid. I was involved in rock crawling, trail runs, and general fabrication for a number of years before kids took priority. I was also involved in the Rubicon trail foundation and the Rubicon oversize committee, as well as the original cantina for the con, and look forward to working with others in that capacity again.

My wife and I take our kids on a couple of trips a year to texas and back, and we're looking at including some overlanding to keep the trips interesting for them, and to help them advance in boy scouts and girl scouts.

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Hello Everyone,
Cheers,
Tony
Welcome Tony!

BCJohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
Member #

Hey All - John here from California, the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I'm currently in a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road Double Cab Long Bed

I'm new to overlanding - sort of. I have camped alot including leading a group of 30 through central Mexico for two months in tents. But - that was another life and time.

Looking forward to connecting...

Attachments