Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all!
We are Oniel and Victoria.
We’re located in northern New Jersey and
currently our truck is a 2018 Chevy Silverado 4x4 crew cab. At this point it is all stock as we decided to first build our M105a2 trailer. As our family got bigger in the last 3 years and our kids got older we wanted to get away from the suburban lifestyle by just going down to the park, let the children play and then go home. We truly desired to show them real adventures first around New Jersey by hitting as many lakes as we could with our canoe and with our truck and trailer. We saw several videos by people at Overland Expo East in regard to Overland Bound and how much the community helps each other so there was no doubt in our minds that this is definitely for us.View attachment 77849View attachment 77850
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Oniel Mendez

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone... Joined today
OB#: 15115
Instagram: @reidadventures
2018 Toyota 4Runner

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
Depending on where you are in OR we have several meet-ups.

Reactions: Reid Adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI everyone!

My name is Jimmy Anderson and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm finishing college at the moment so overlanding is more of a hobby right now, and most of my camping is in my family's cabin in the Jemez mountains. My rig right now isn't much but it's mine and I love it, a 2010 Volvo xc70. I've just gotten it after driving a BMW 3 series for a couple years and with classes I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to the build, but here's how it sits now:

View attachment 77889

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, just an Ol Country boy here from central Alabama. I've always loved camping and offroading. Basically anything outdoors. We have 5 children and an old 85 Suburban. The kids will be grown and gone before i know it so I want to adventure more with them and make as many memories as We can. We are hoping to get a trailer soon to haul all our gear etc. Hope to meet some of you on the trails this coming year. We are planning a trip to Colorado in 2019. God Bless

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Heart of Dixie

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member checking in.

Name: Erik
OB Badge #: 15045
Rig: 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series, Stock (for now!)
Experience: None, but eager to learn
Welcome to Overland Bound, a great community, full of wonderful people. Check the forums for your local Overlanding groups and meet-ups, you won’t be sorry!

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
HI everyone!

My name is Jimmy Anderson and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm finishing college at the moment so overlanding is more of a hobby right now, and most of my camping is in my family's cabin in the Jemez mountains. My rig right now isn't much but it's mine and I love it, a 2010 Volvo xc70. I've just gotten it after driving a BMW 3 series for a couple years and with classes I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to the build, but here's how it sits now:

View attachment 77889
Welcome to Overland Bound.

gatorglenn6

Rank 0

Traveler I

IMG_0682.JPG Member #15325
Hey Everyone, Iam new to this style of travel. But not new to travel overall. Originally from Florida, lived in Europe and been to all 50 states and all Canadian provinces, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Now in the Great-lakes area. I do travel around a bit fishing. But turning my focus on seeing more of the out of the way places here in the US. Me and the wife are those two nuts. That think jumping in the truck and driving for a day just to see something we’ve never seen or experienced before for a couple of hours is perfectly normal. So we’ve been camping hikers style for sometime. And realizing we can cover more ground. And see more by vehicle. So for now this 2017 Frontier is going to go through a transformation. Wish me luck. And ideas are more than appreciated.

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone... Joined today
OB#: 15115
Instagram: @reidadventures
2018 Toyota 4Runner
Welcome to OB @Jonathan Reid. That 4Runner is a great platform for lots of overland adventures. Oregon is a beautiful state for overlanding and filled with great overlanders as well. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 77894 Member #15325
Hey Everyone, Iam new to this style of travel. But not new to travel overall. Originally from Florida, lived in Europe and been to all 50 states and all Canadian provinces, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Now in the Great-lakes area. I do travel around a bit fishing. But turning my focus on seeing more of the out of the way places here in the US. Me and the wife are those two nuts. That think jumping in the truck and driving for a day just to see something we’ve never seen or experienced before for a couple of hours is perfectly normal. So we’ve been camping hikers style for sometime. And realizing we can cover more ground. And see more by vehicle. So for now this 2017 Frontier is going to go through a transformation. Wish me luck. And ideas are more than appreciated.
Welcome to Overland Bound, check the forums for your local Overlanding groups and meet-ups. If you have any questions reach out!

Schiller

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indiana
Member #

Hello all,

I'm Jacob along with my girlfriend Agatha hail from Central Indiana. Currently have a JKU 2017 Rubicon, which we camp of out of the back via sleeping pad comfortably. Yes we're that relatively short lol. Overall experience is novice, but I did do more off-roading and exploring when I had my old XJ, as busy work schedule has gotten in the way over past few years. Hope to see you all out there.

Attachments

Reid Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rogue River, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BHH

Depending on where you are in OR we have several meet-ups.
Hey thanks Kent. Look forward to catching up with you and other local OB members

kootsfrontier

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am pretty new to the forum here, but have been building my Frontier since 2015. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oniel Mendez

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Greetings all!
We are Oniel and Victoria.
We’re located in northern New Jersey and
currently our truck is a 2018 Chevy Silverado 4x4 crew cab. At this point it is all stock as we decided to first build our M105a2 trailer. As our family got bigger in the last 3 years and our kids got older we wanted to get away from the suburban lifestyle by just going down to the park, let the children play and then go home. We truly desired to show them real adventures first around New Jersey by hitting as many lakes as we could with our canoe and with our truck and trailer. We saw several videos by people at Overland Expo East in regard to Overland Bound and how much the community helps each other so there was no doubt in our minds that this is definitely for us.View attachment 77849View attachment 77850
Thanks everyone.

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome! I'm always happy to see more Frontiers represented here. They are few and far between it seems.

Reactions: gatorglenn6

Cody mercer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hampton va
Member #

Hey everyone.
I drive a 2011 Silverado 1500 pretty modified (pictures to come)
Yeah I know she is a little bigger than the standard overlander but she does pretty well.
Currently in Hampton, VA
Need some overland friends around my area to help me find some good trails since I'm new to the area.

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
I like the part about jumping into the truck and driving a day is normal, you will fit in just fine.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R