• HTML tutorial

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

Hi , Im Vaidas from Lithuania and this is what i drive now

Its a Subaru Outback 2001 , 2.5 , 4EAT , VDC , rear LSD . its on 2'' lift and BFG TA KO2 tires. im DIY guy and doing most on car myself (engine, body, electric, etc)
Have some exp in offroading and overlanding not much. did one trip around europe in 2017 about 5.5k km 2 weeks with this car. exploring local forests any time i can and capabilitys of car. from that i learn what i can do more to car to make it more capable.
car for me is not just a car its freedom , its your personal zone, its were you can become real you.
Thanks for having me here.
Welcome to OB! Be sure to post pictures on you car in the Subaru Registry thread.

Alan Long

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone. Used to own a Jeep CJ 7 while in the USMC and took it out running the power line trails in the Low Country of South Carolina. Next vehicle of ability was my Jeep Cherokee Classic. Used for work and a little mild play. Fun in the snow. Now I have a Nissan Xterra S Model and have just recently discovered Overland. So with this I am starting to associate myself with Overlander and 4X4 enthusiast community with the hopes of doing some Overlanding in the future. Have some work yet to do on the Xterra. Have to learn my vehicle and its components. I know for sure I need to work on the back end. Seems week back there with sag when I'm towing my boat. Main thing is I hope to soon find myself out on a mild trail for a little overlanding soon. Lot to learn

TacoBenj

Rank I

Traveler I

Hello! So my name is Lawrence Benjamin, new to this forum. From northern Maine (Rangeley and Millinocket areas) and have been off road now and then but nothing "strategic". I live in Western Massachusetts (Springfield area) now and have decided to take my prepping to the next step and purchased a 2018 Toyota Taco TRD Off-Road and plan to upgrade the hell out of it.

My background is 15+ years Army, mountaineering, climbing, HAM Operator (W1OEF) and design my antennas, long range precision shooting (PRS) and 3 Gun, wide and I are medical professionals and implement this into our prepping, and a Jack of many trades.

Look forward to meeting new people, both on the inter-webs and locally! I hope to start a western mass and northern New England medical expedition groups focusing on medical, coms, and pew pews.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stopping in here to day hi!

I live in Los Angeles and just had my second kid. I'm from Oklahoma so I want to do my best to get my family out there and connecting with the wilderness. Just go a Tacoma and am building out my first rig. I have already learned a lot from this community as an outsider and I'm excited to become a part of it.

Let me know if you guys have any favorite beginner trails near Los Angeles.
Hello from Orange County! There are some great trails up in Angeles crest, but haven't explored alot of them. Some of the best local ones Imo are big Bear / lake Arrowhead area. Would be happy to hit a trail with ya

Reactions: Aussie571 and wocco

Dan Remington

Rank II

Contributor III

Broadalbin, NY
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Remington
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone. I'm Dan Remington from Broadalbin in upstate NY. I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma with a slight lift and a camper top with full basket racks from front to rear. I'm a beginner at overlanding but I have a lot of experience in back packing and adventure motorcycling. I have this truck set up for camping right now. It's not complete but will be soon. Thanks for letting me be part of this great group!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wow tottally forgot to say but im from washougal wa. Where all my PDX/vancouver/ camas/washougal peeps at??!!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

I will be having a large OLB regional meet-up in the Tualatin on September 22. The Rally Point is on the forum.
Any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Jedi

Tallen79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jamestown, Fentress County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Erskine
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8KTR
Travis Erskine

Picture: No picture at this time
Rig: 2013 GMC Terrain and 2006 Harley Davidson Night Train
Overlanding Experience: I currently do not have 4x4 so unable to do trails. Travel and camp at State and National Parks. Travel and camp on Motorcycle also.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hello everyone. I'm Dan Remington from Broadalbin in upstate NY. I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma with a slight lift and a camper top with full basket racks from front to rear. I'm a beginner at overlanding but I have a lot of experience in back packing and adventure motorcycling. I have this truck set up for camping right now. It's not complete but will be soon. Thanks for letting me be part of this great group!
Welcome. Sounds like a cool rig. I greatly enjoy back packing and adv riding.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran

TacoRay

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cincinnati
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Dungan
Member #

Hello, I am an Overlanding Novice looking to learn more. I have been following Expedition Overland, Lifestyle Overland, and Mountain State Overland on YouTube for some time and I've just started getting out on my own.

Rig: 2013 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Lots of YouTube and some simple local adventures