Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks, just joined. Hailing from DuPont, Wa. This is absolutely my first time ever on a forum. So I don’t exactly know what I’m doing.
A litte about myself, two years ago I got a Black Lab, and anyone that has or had the honor of the company of them, they’re high energy. So, inseparable as we are. Every weekend we went off in search of trails, lakes, roads, and getaways. Which also almost immediately prompted the need to outfit my truck to stay out there longer. So here I am! As far as my truck, it’s a 2012 Tundra. Still working on it. I’d like to add a bed tent but not quite sure how I’ll be getting Shogun in and out. Anyway, thanks for letting me join the team. I look forward to learning a lot on here.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum at Kent R.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hey folks, just joined. Hailing from DuPont, Wa. This is absolutely my first time ever on a forum. So I don’t exactly know what I’m doing.
A litte about myself, two years ago I got a Black Lab, and anyone that has or had the honor of the company of them, they’re high energy. So, inseparable as we are. Every weekend we went off in search of trails, lakes, roads, and getaways. Which also almost immediately prompted the need to outfit my truck to stay out there longer. So here I am! As far as my truck, it’s a 2012 Tundra. Still working on it. I’d like to add a bed tent but not quite sure how I’ll be getting Shogun in and out. Anyway, thanks for letting me join the team. I look forward to learning a lot on here.
Welcome to OB!
I’ve seen videos of dogs running up ladders into Roof Top Tents. I’ve also seen some owners lifting there dogs into them. Which is what I’ll have to do. [emoji23] I have a boxer and he isn’t as brave/smart as most Labs I’ve been around. He’s still my buddy tho. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello from British Columbia, Canada. I’ve always enjoyed getting off road and away from civilization. About a year ago, I got a rooftop tent, and since then I’ve become more and more interested in turning my Chevy Colorado into an overland build.
I’m so interested in exploring Canada! Welcome to OB and be sure to post your adventures! [emoji1360]

Reactions: Baz

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

And you shouldn’t have any trouble finding places to explore or connecting with other overlanders in you part of the country. [emoji1360]

Etiner14

Rank 0

Traveler I

CT
Hello all, coming in from Eastern CT but will be moving frequently as I am active duty in the Coast Guard. New to Overlanding but have been back country camping hiking since I was young just figured I'd include a vehicle for a little more fun now! My rig is a 2011 Wrangler JK, currently working on building it up to be even more capable so far just the lift and tires are done. Also in the works of building a Overlanding capable tow behind trailer nothing too fancy just to hold equipment and kitchen items.

Look forward to speaking with like minded folks and hopefully gaining a lot of knowledge and great locations from the group!

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello all, coming in from Eastern CT but will be moving frequently as I am active duty in the Coast Guard. New to Overlanding but have been back country camping hiking since I was young just figured I'd include a vehicle for a little more fun now! My rig is a 2011 Wrangler JK, currently working on building it up to be even more capable so far just the lift and tires are done. Also in the works of building a Overlanding capable tow behind trailer nothing too fancy just to hold equipment and kitchen items.

Look forward to speaking with like minded folks and hopefully gaining a lot of knowledge and great locations from the group!
Welcome to OB!

Woosch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milner, GA
Member #

Howdy! I split my time between south of Atlanta GA and Jackson MS.
Grew up doing some camping (what we called it then) with my family. For most of my life since I considered staying at a Holiday Inn "camping".. lol
Recently purchased a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon and have a growing interest in getting back to nature and enjoying some unplugged time.
I'm a network geek, so my life has been spent building networks to allow people to be connected, so looking forward to some quiet time.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Howdy! I split my time between south of Atlanta GA and Jackson MS.
Grew up doing some camping (what we called it then) with my family. For most of my life since I considered staying at a Holiday Inn "camping".. lol
Recently purchased a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon and have a growing interest in getting back to nature and enjoying some unplugged time.
I'm a network geek, so my life has been spent building networks to allow people to be connected, so looking forward to some quiet time.
Welcome to OB! I live in Tuscaloosa. Good luck with your adventures!

Reactions: Woosch

Cutting

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys I am brand new to the off road and the over landing ideas in general but as soon I got my first truck I have been dying to get involved in the communities and get all the information that I can. I am young and still new to all of it but id love to learn all that I can from your guys great community! I plan on building a rig soon, I am just not sure where to exactly start and I hope my questions can get answered here. I can't wait to get out and meet some of you guys and see yours rigs and hear stories!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys I am brand new to the off road and the over landing ideas in general but as soon I got my first truck I have been dying to get involved in the communities and get all the information that I can. I am young and still new to all of it but id love to learn all that I can from your guys great community! I plan on building a rig soon, I am just not sure where to exactly start and I hope my questions can get answered here. I can't wait to get out and meet some of you guys and see yours rigs and hear stories!
Welcome to Overland Bound! Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

Marf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vista, CA
First Name
Mar
Last Name
tin
Member #

Hey Guys and Gals, this is Martin from North County San Diego. Just joined and I’m finding a goldmine of awesome info here! I’m riding 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha with adventure package. It’s a pretty capable truck bone stock. Together we’ve been exploring Anza Borrego, trails of Sedona AZ, Death Valley, beachy Pismo and surroundings, and just chilling at various campgrounds nearby. You guys are full of ideas; I love it when great things are done without major budget. I’m always up for a trip, heading out solo can be boring sometimes. Glad to be part of the pack!

Attachments

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I'll also be in NC in November for Overland Expo East. Thumbs up! I'm coming up from FL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app
There are some other guys coming up from Florida and I am meeting up with them at Overland Expo East and exploring the Georgia Traverse the week after. If you’re interested let me know. Should be a great event! See ya there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Guys and Gals, this is Martin from North County San Diego. Just joined and I’m finding a goldmine of awesome info here! I’m riding 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha with adventure package. It’s a pretty capable truck bone stock. Together we’ve been exploring Anza Borrego, trails of Sedona AZ, Death Valley, beachy Pismo and surroundings, and just chilling at various campgrounds nearby. You guys are full of ideas; I love it when great things are done without major budget. I’m always up for a trip, heading out solo can be boring sometimes. Glad to be part of the pack!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Marf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vista, CA
First Name
Mar
Last Name
tin
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Thanks Kent, I will definitely check it out!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #