Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ptribble

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yorktown, Virginia
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm from Yorktown, Virginia and I'm very excited to have finally joined the overland community. I've always been quite enthusiastic about overlanding but have never had my own vehicle to do so with. I have a fair amount of off road driving experience but I'm anxious to learn more. A couple months ago I purchased a 2003 4Runner SR5, It's bone stock at the moment but I have a couple things that my friend gave me from his old rig so soon I'll be installing a power inverter, cb radio, and an on board air setup.

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hopefully in the right place. Just joined the overland community and glad to be part of such a good group. Grew up in Oakland CA and outside of Bozeman MT. Living in Beaverton, OR looking for trails and fly fishing spots!

Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Member#13886
From one Bay Area transplant to another, welcome to the wonderful PNW! I'm a little too far North to provide solid advice on trails and fishing in OR, but if you make it to the top of WA, I can show you around a bit.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi everyone, I'm from Yorktown, Virginia and I'm very excited to have finally joined the overland community. I've always been quite enthusiastic about overlanding but have never had my own vehicle to do so with. I have a fair amount of off road driving experience but I'm anxious to learn more. A couple months ago I purchased a 2003 4Runner SR5, It's bone stock at the moment but I have a couple things that my friend gave me from his old rig so soon I'll be installing a power inverter, cb radio, and an on board air setup.
Welcome ptribble! Yorktown is down near Norfolk, right?

Last edited:

SStuder

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Nh
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Studer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1SET
Rig: 97 Toyota Land Cruiser
Experience: I'm somewhat experienced. Been out of the off-road world waiting for the kids to get older. Now they are 5 and 6 and we have been exploring the area around us getting the kids used to camping. Our most recent trip has been to some bat caves in Dorset VT20180728_114008.jpg received_10214225682689802.jpeg

RemarkableOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Durham, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Iwashita
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I'm Eric and I'm a novice Overlander! My gf (who is my Overlanding partner) and I just moved to Chapel Hill, NC and are starting the next chapter in our lives, and with Overlanding!

I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, Prerunner, & SR5. We'll definitely need to upgrade the suspension and convert the transmission to 4x4 to do things safely! If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it! Looking forward to being a part of this community!!!

Dakota Embree

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbus Oh
Member #

Hi I am Dakota Embree, I live in Columbus oh and have all my life. I have never been off-roading on purpose and haven’t owned a vehicle that was set up to do so. I have always been obsessed with the idea of getting off the beaten path and living off what ever you brought with you. I am a huge fan of backpacking so I know how to camp and enjoy it. I will be buying my fathers 2016 Tacoma 4 door truck off him in February so I am currently making a list of all the things I wanna do to it in my head and saving up so when I get the truck I can start scratching it and building it up. I am a paramedic that works for amazon (I am like a school nurse there) I also work at the Columbus Zoo as a paramedic. I am not mechanically inclined but have passion and will learn how to work on my truck when I get it. I will be at overland expo east again this year and am excited to look at all the new inventions and cool toys to play with.

Last edited:

JHBCruising

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert,Az
Member #

37369690_10215123079982871_2826742252099862528_o (2).jpg 28336386_10214032317314486_8063184990844089563_o.jpg

Hello! We are Jeff and Heidi. We have had our 80 series for a little over 4 years. It was in really rough shape when we got it. We have gotten it back in good mechanical shape. We are doing a lot of just day trips right now as work and kids stuff allow. We are looking forward to doing more trips that are longer. We hope to meet some people on here that help us get out and do more. We just got it back on the road after some much needed work.

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Derek. I’m somewhat new to all this. I just got a 2018 4runner and I’ve been bitten by the bug! I love everything overland! Swellrunner and Lifestyle Overland got me hooked! Haha. I’m located in Portland, OR. So if any of you are local and wanna meet up, let me know! Cheers!
Hey Derek! Welcome! I am starting to blame Swellrunner a bit as well! Oh, and Trail4R.com too ;-) There are quite a few of us in the Portland metro area I think...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Hopefully in the right place. Just joined the overland community and glad to be part of such a good group. Grew up in Oakland CA and outside of Bozeman MT. Living in Beaverton, OR looking for trails and fly fishing spots!

Member#13886
Welcome Joshua (or is it Josh?)! Maybe we can help each other out on finding some fly fishing spots! I have been in the area for about 15 years and am still looking for good, accessible spots; that’s one of my top reasons for finally getting s more capable rig recently. There are quite a few spots in the Coastal range, up on Hood, and down the corridor a bit. Lots of opportunities to explore!!!!

Gerber.JeepFSJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DC
Member #

Hey you guys and gals thanks for welcoming me. My name is Justin and I am new to overlanding. All this just starting falling in my lap. I love the outdoors and camping and rock climbing. My rig is a 1982 Jeep Cherokee Cheif, I call it Big Bird. I am still very new to all of this and am still fitting out my rig. Any information about good cheap rig setups would be really helpful. I live just outside of DC in Falls Church VA .IMG_20180728_112459.jpg

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey you guys and gals thanks for welcoming me. My name is Justin and I am new to overlanding. All this just starting falling in my lap. I love the outdoors and camping and rock climbing. My rig is a 1982 Jeep Cherokee Cheif, I call it Big Bird. I am still very new to all of this and am still fitting out my rig. Any information about good cheap rig setups would be really helpful. I live just outside of DC in Falls Church VA .View attachment 63198
Welcome and Big Bird looks awesome. Sounds like there is a story behind her too? [emoji16]

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Hello OB community! I'm happy to be on board. My name is Nick and I live in Oklahoma City. I currently drive and wheel a 2001 Nissan Xterra (4x4, 3.3, 5 speed). I have restored 4 Jeep CJs over the years, built a couple of Wranglers, and also an 84 Wagoneer but I'm currently Jeepless. My family outgrew the old Wrangler and since I didn't want a huge payment on a new 4 door, Xterra it is. This is my second Xterra and I'm a huge fan. Basically, I'm pretty much a huge fan of any and all truck based 4x4s, and even a few unibodies. My wife and I along with our kids got into overlanding because we love adventure. We look forward to being a part of the OB community and to seeing you on the trails.
Greetings from a fellow Xterra owner. There's an Xterra thread here if you haven't seen it already. Welcome to the community!

Reactions: OKJeeper

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Member#13886
Greetings and welcome, neighbor!

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m Derek. I’m somewhat new to all this. I just got a 2018 4runner and I’ve been bitten by the bug! I love everything overland! Swellrunner and Lifestyle Overland got me hooked! Haha. I’m located in Portland, OR. So if any of you are local and wanna meet up, let me know! Cheers!
Greetings neighbor. Welcome to OB!

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Greetings from Greensboro, NC.

My name is Chris, been lurking here for a little while and decided to join the site. I've been camping, wheeling, off-roading, or overlanding for most of my life and don't plan to stop any time soon. I usually try to get out at least once or twice a month for a weekend. I'm always looking for new ideas and learning, and hope to pass some knowledge along here as well.

Oh, and I've been a Jeep owner since 2003 - currently my white '15 Rubicon takes me everywhere I want to go!

ChrisView attachment 63046 View attachment 63047
Nice setup!! Welcome to Overland Bound. I’ll be in NC in November. Can’t wait!

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Hello, overlanders, I'm foxtrot from greenville, sc. I drive a stock 99 tacoma with 350,000 miles, still runs like a dream! Hoping to really get into the community in a big way, as I just love taking my taco everywhere with me, and it's not as much fun alone.
Nice!!! I just recently purchased my 3rd Tacoma. My goal is to get over 300k out of my 2018. Welcome to OB!

Johan Gomez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenwater, WA, USA
First Name
Johan
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Hey folks, just joined. Hailing from DuPont, Wa. This is absolutely my first time ever on a forum. So I don’t exactly know what I’m doing.
A litte about myself, two years ago I got a Black Lab, and anyone that has or had the honor of the company of them, they’re high energy. So, inseparable as we are. Every weekend we went off in search of trails, lakes, roads, and getaways. Which also almost immediately prompted the need to outfit my truck to stay out there longer. So here I am! As far as my truck, it’s a 2012 Tundra. Still working on it. I’d like to add a bed tent but not quite sure how I’ll be getting Shogun in and out. Anyway, thanks for letting me join the team. I look forward to learning a lot on here.