Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

DCLawrence

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone, Carl Sandvik here from So. Cal. (Chino Hills)
I have an 89 K5 Blazer which I've owned for 14 years. I purchased it from a friend of mine who made several modifications, but in the last 4 years, I've really pushed a purposed build focus. I love longer overlanding trips, but this K5 is capable in the rocks too. I have a nice group of local friends who enjoy day trips and/or at least one multi day trip on Mojave Trail each year. My next build is upgrading axles for heavier duty when in the rocks but also improve ride with some top quality springs (to tame the beast). I've gotten into welding and fab work in the past several years, making it a great hobby to help friends build/fix their rigs regardless if its a shock tab or a tire carrier.

I look forward to joining some local runs, volunteering for trail improvement and/or working on rigs.

Carl
#K54FUN
View attachment 56939
Hi Carl-
I am totally new to this, but also from SoCal (Orange County). I would love to get in touch if you and your friends do another Mojave Road run; I would like to do it solo, but think it is probably best to get some experience with a group first. If you're are even looking for a +1, I would love to join.

David

McOverlanders

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas NV
Member #

Hello every one!!! Ron and Sherry here and we are so stoked to be apart of this community!!
Location- Las Vegas NV
Rig- 07 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. Pretty stock as we are now getting into overlanding. Building a custom overland trailer as we speak!
Overlanding Experience Background- Somewhat beginners . Have done tons of off roading and camping. But the whole overland experience is somewhat new for us. Looking forward to tons of adventures.

Ron- Drummer in a rock band
Sherry- All around bad ass

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Hey how’s everyone doing? I’m Tom Jones I’ve been checking out OLB for a little while now, figured I’d make the plunge and pay for a membership. I recently moved up here to Cottage Grove OR and have been looking for some off-road friends.
I’ve got a 2000 taco

View attachment 57252 View attachment 57253
Nice truck, really like that rear bumper

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: fatrat and Marshall

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Hello,
My name is Logan and I am new to Overlanding but come with backcountry backpacking experience. I currently reside in NW Washington. My rig is a 2010 FJ that I will be messing around with some more. If anyone knows of some great spots in the area please feel free to share.

20180515_041916905_iOS.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,
My name is Logan and I am new to Overlanding but come with backcountry backpacking experience. I currently reside in NW Washington. My rig is a 2010 FJ that I will be messing around with some more. If anyone knows of some great spots in the area please feel free to share.

View attachment 57291
Hello Logan and welcome to the OB crew. .Nice looking FJ and look forward to seeing your adventures. Just a FYI ...NW Overland Expo is June 28th in Plain Wa.

SaltyYogurtSnek

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Saltsman
Member #

Hello Logan and welcome to the OB crew. .Nice looking FJ and look forward to seeing your adventures. Just a FYI ...NW Overland Expo is June 28th in Plain Wa.
Thank you for the heads up on the event. That looks like it could be a lot of fun and it is in one my favorite areas.

Reactions: fatrat and Chadlyb

Austin Denny

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth, TX
Member #

Hey gang,

I'm Austin – really happy to have found Overland Bound as my wife and I are just starting to get into overlanding. I grew up driving/flying all manner of motorized things, but didn't do much off-roading. We also do a lot of back-country adventuring, but with knee surgery number six planned for July, long backpacking trips aren't really in the cards (at least for a while).

We spent last weekend in CO visiting the surgeon, and made a detour to Arches NP for a night. Had to drive our rental Tahoe out on the 4x4 (don't tell the rental company) trails to get away from the insane crowds. That was the first real overlanding I'd say we've done, and it got us hooked. Only saw one other person in 15 hours and had amazing views to take in.

I used to have what might be called a rig: a 2002 4Runner. It was 2-wheel drive, but too much of a good deal to pass on. Drove that for six years, and it held its own on easy trails, but we never did any real vehicle-dependent travel with it. I'm now rolling around in a 6-speed GTI (lots of fun), but pretty set on replacing it with something more capable for adventuring.

We're based in Fort Worth, TX, and after many years, have accepted our cruel fate of 9+ hour drives to get anywhere interesting. Looking forward to meeting y'all at some point.

Cheers,
Austin

Edit: I'm getting this image thing figured out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,

I’m new to the group but have found tons of useful information. My current vehicle is a 2005 Suburban 2500 4WD. I have been toying with the idea building it, but looking hard at getting back into Toyota’s. I have had a Toyota in the family for the last 15 years. My last few have been Drift projects build from the GS300.

Well I’m here and ready to learn. Thank you all

Mloberg

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I picked up a 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner, stock. CB and VHF/UHF APRS rigs going in soon and I’ve been collecting the straps and whatnot. Lots of hopes and plans for mods.

I’m no stranger to the forest but I’m entirely new to this overlanding thing. Really looking forward to getting out there.

Thanks for the add.

Traveler I

My names Reed. I’m originally from Oregon, transplanted in North Carolina and moving to Clarksville TN. I own and 2000 T4R Limited 4wd and 2017 T4R SR5. I’ve spent time on the beach of NC and OR and have Traveled over old logging roads in OR. I’m here to get involved in some overland trips with my family!

Attachments

HaveGunWillCrusade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ryan here. I am based out of Nashville, TN. Been creeping around the forums for quite awhile and thought it was finally time to introduce myself. My ride for long distances is a '15 4Runner and for closer stuff, I have a '97 TJ. Try to do one long trip a year and throw in a few 4 day weekend trips when I am able. Currently planning a two-week trip in June to Colorado. I am sure I'll be using the search function here to it's exhaustion as I plan routes. I am happy to be a part of this community and look forward to the connections I am sure I'll make! P1070887.JPG

Contributor I

Hello all,

My name is Billy and I live in Hedley, TX. I have been lurking around OB for a couple years. My interest in overlanding really took off after hitting a semi tire in my 2012 Chrysler 300c during a road trip with my family. After 2 years, a raccoon, a deer, two trips to the body shop and a total loss settlement I finally purchased a rig. I bought a 06 jeep liberty with 12000 miles in amazing condition for 1000 bucks and have already ordered a ton of stuff to get her all set up.

I grew up road tripping and camping out and I'm excited to get back to the great outdoors. My goal is to spend no more than 200 bucks on any one item for the jeep. Build what I can't buy cheap, and spend no more than 15000 on the build.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to hit the trail.20180521_171031.jpg20180521_170957.jpg20180521_171012.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using OB Talk mobile app

Jen Clare

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

MO
Hey all!

I’m in the SW Missouri area and am in the very beginning stages of overhauling my 2007 GMC Yukon.

I’ve always loved the outdoors and finally caught the bug to whip my ride into shape to go explore. In fact, I leave in a week for a two week overlanding trip from SWMO to northern Vermont and back. :)

Just starting out and trying to learn as much as I can as I go!

JKChris

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,

I'm Chris from Greenfield IA (about an hour west of Des Moines). I drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My experience with over landing is minimal. I have always just wheeled off road parks and stayed in nearby hotels so the whole camping side of things will be new to me. I joined the forum hoping to meet people close to me and do some wheeling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dunkel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City UT
Member #

Hi all, been watching this community for a few months now and just now taking the plunge. I am the owner of a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro with a Hallmark Milner (pop up truck camper) in the rear. I am outside of Salt Lake City UT and have had the adventure bug for as long as I can remember. My wife, dog and I are taking 2019 off and plan on overlanding North American from Baja MX to AK and I am sure this forum is the right place to ask all the quirky questions that come from a rookie like me.

Reactions: SLO Rob and fatrat

fatrat

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Georgia
Member #

Hi all, been watching this community for a few months now and just now taking the plunge. I am the owner of a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro with a Hallmark Milner (pop up truck camper) in the rear. I am outside of Salt Lake City UT and have had the adventure bug for as long as I can remember. My wife, dog and I are taking 2019 off and plan on overlanding North American from Baja MX to AK and I am sure this forum is the right place to ask all the quirky questions that come from a rookie like me.
That’s a trip I really want to make one of these day. I’m looking forward to following your adventures!

Reactions: SLO Rob and Dunkel

Nico

Rank 0

Traveler I

napa
Hello all, new guy here...
01 yukon xl 4x4
Los Angeles ca
currently working on sleep platform and interior storage
wife and I haven't been out anywhere in years, finally trying to regain our sanity
along with our dogs
Welcome!!
I am a newbie as well... Nice to see another Yukon with a similar story!!
Thought I would weigh in on the sleep platform. I decided to build out storage on the roof so we could just sleep in back of truck, freaking queen sized bed back there, when I cleaned all my gear out. Long story short I went to my local upholstery store and got 2" think high density foam. Almost as comfortable as our bed and rolls up in a sack for storage. Total cost $120.

Good luck!

Reactions: David S and fatrat