Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

JeffG98034

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, Washington
Member #

Hi, Im Parker from Seattle WA. I currently have a 2001 Wrangler that I inherited from my dad, so in honor of him I better become as skilled at off roading as he was and keep getting this thing dirty. I also ride dual sport. My family and I spend most of our free time in Eastern WA.
Hi Parker, Welcome to the OB, I live in Kirkland Hope to see you out.

Reactions: Parker1313

JrJetJock

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Snoqualmie, WA
Member #

Hello from Anchorage, AK and Seattle, WA!
Happy to be here and introduce myself to the Overland community.
My current rigs are a ’58 Land Rover Series II, and a ’95 Land Rover ExMod 110 that I currently base in my old home country of Finland with the intention of doing trips to Russia and the Nordic countries.
My enthusiasm for any type of travel holds no bounds, and I love to meet and share experiences with similar souls. Thank you for having me here!

Leothe3rd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Irvine
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Wiggins
Brand new here. And just getting in to the concept of Overlanding. Mainly been touring by motorcycle (HD Road Glide Custom 2013) but looking to switch over to a 4 wheel adventure vehicle (been camping with friends and see the need for a more capable vehicle). So no rig just yet but got my eye on a Toyota truck.

DailyDirt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Folsom
Member #

Hi all,
Location - Folsom Ca or typically lost in the back country
Rig - 2014 anvil 2d Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X. Sleeps 1.5 - me and pup.
Experience - more than some, less than most.View attachment 48659 View attachment 48660

Excited to learn about new trails, meet new people, learn about crazy rig set ups.
Likes - I love to camp, hike, run and bum around in the jeep. Sounds like a date comment.... Also, hard to catch me without the pup (Josie Wales).
Primary dislike - working.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

DailyDirt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Folsom
Member #

Brand new here. And just getting in to the concept of Overlanding. Mainly been touring by motorcycle (HD Road Glide Custom 2013) but looking to switch over to a 4 wheel adventure vehicle (been camping with friends and see the need for a more capable vehicle). So no rig just yet but got my eye on a Toyota truck.
And I thought sleeping in my 2d jeep was tight. Motorcycle is the ultimate. I've loved my past Toyota trucks.

Contributor I

JT from (No)VA, I drive a stock 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Don’t have a lot of time/money for modding with a little one, but the concept of a purpose built rig that can sustain under any conditions interests me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maymatt1

Rank 0

Traveler I

My name is Matt. I am from Oxnard Ca. I currently drive a 2000 Ford Ranger. It is a 5 speed manual 4x4. This has not been the best car for off roading, it has left me stranded many times. So now I plan on selling the ranger and picking up a First Gen Toyota 4Runner to go on more elaborate adventures. I am currently in college so I plan on doing a budget build. I would say I am an intermediate off roader. I have motorcycle, so I go on many desert trips so I am used to relying on my vehicle and sleeping out of it. My dad and I have also done part of the rubicon trail and been to Moab in his 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I look forward to going on longer adventures across the states!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome. Toyota is a good platform. Of course others may disagree. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyblender

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Hello from NW Georgia. My name is Chris. I drive an F250 Crew cab and get the tires off of pavement every chance I get. Love challenging myself and skills, camping. Overlanding is what I was doing before I knew it was a thing so very happy to have found the site. I work loads of hours so end up being a weekend warrior whenever I have the time. Hope to make a camping traverse trip through TN sometime. 20170923_111630.jpg

Jon Foerster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello, I‘m Jon from Denton, Tx. Joined a few weeks ago.. Recieved my Badges.. Been finishing out my Overland Camper to pull behind my Jeep.
I‘ve got a 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon w/ 4.88 Gears w/ 37“ tires. My Overland rig is a 3/4 ton M1102 Built it to be no taller than my Jeep while pulling. Has 35“ tires. Solar, Shore power, a/c, 23 gallons of water. Hot & cold tankless water heater. 2 awnings.
I‘ve recently went back to camping. Was doing the boating thing. But now have a 7 year old and I want to show him more of the outdoors. Looking forward to making some great memories. Just looking for outlets and good locations where like minded people are hitting the roads..
Jon

Attachments

BigH2OChief

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Woody
Member #

Service Branch
US Army / US Navy
Hello Overland Community,

Newb introduction here... presently down south in San Diego, CA. (Carmel Mountain Ranch) with plans to move up to the Northern Cascades soon as Wifey retires in a few years. Currently sporting a 15’ f150 XL SCREW, 2.7 ecoboost/AT, 4WD with a Longbox. Building her out for sea to summit overlanding with my 3 Siberian Huskys (on a budget). Wifey loves the ocean while I’m partial to the mountains and the pups like anything outside.

Previous rigs over the years included 69’ Land Cruiser FJ, 98’ Bronco, 99’ Ranger, 05’ h3 Hummer and an f250. I used to have thing about building a rig, running it for a few years then starting over. Trying to settle down with this one though.

My off-road experience is all over the map (literally) having experimented with lots of rigs in lots of environments all over the globe (thank you Uncle Sam). That said, my experience is also dated and I’m eager to learn the newest trail tricks, maintenance and safety skills.

Looking forward to meeting Overlanders with similar interests.

Best- Woody (BigH2OChief)

Voodoo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, Utah
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Rambo
Member #

Service Branch
uS Navy
Rig is looking sweet! I wish I had the scratch at the moment for an ARB or Shrockworks but maybe someday! Definitely also gonna put some new shocks on and do the 'ol PML once the weather turns as well. What kind of shocks were you planning on getting?
I just put on the Bilstine 4600. They alone got rid of about 1.5 inches of sag if not more .So far so good .

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello, I‘m Jon from Denton, Tx. Joined a few weeks ago.. Recieved my Badges.. Been finishing out my Overland Camper to pull behind my Jeep.
I‘ve got a 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon w/ 4.88 Gears w/ 37“ tires. My Overland rig is a 3/4 ton M1102 Built it to be no taller than my Jeep while pulling. Has 35“ tires. Solar, Shore power, a/c, 23 gallons of water. Hot & cold tankless water heater. 2 awnings.
I‘ve recently went back to camping. Was doing the boating thing. But now have a 7 year old and I want to show him more of the outdoors. Looking forward to making some great memories. Just looking for outlets and good locations where like minded people are hitting the roads..
Jon
Welcome. Looks like a great build and can handle the trails.