HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
HI, I’m Jeff and I’m newbie here that lives in the Pacific Northwest. I’ve been on and off the forum for years but didn’t join till this past September. I got the bug for Overlanding from watching the first season of Expedition Overland on Youtube and then I found Overland Bound and have watched it grow since its infancy. I’m looking forward to all that Overlanding has to offer! I have a 2000 Jeep XJ and also have a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310 and a 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Adventure.View attachment 48207View attachment 48208View attachment 48209
Welcome. Nice rig.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: kcjoiner

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Greetings from Loveland, CO
I have a 2017 GM Canyon Duramax Diesel, Crew with long bed. This is my everyday work vehicle first and foremost. Working from this basis I'm building a weekend Overlanding vehicle (Mobile Multi-purpose Utility Land Explorer or "gear hauler" for short). I have a Diamond Back bed cover and customized TracRac SR mounted to the top of the bed cover.

My first vehicle, at the age of 15, was a brand new 1978 CJ5 (V8). 16 shocks, 2 windshield, 4 leaf springs and a set of ATs replacements later I was hooked on off-roading. Just took ~40 years to get back in (had to save $$$ I guess). Coupled with life-long camping, hiking and fishing; "Overlanding" is now a formal better equipped means to do it all.

I've been following Overland Bound for awhile and finally joined. I'm looking forward to being a contributing and learning member of this group.

HAPPY TRAILS!
Welcome. Glad you're here.

Reactions: CanyonMULE

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

IMG_1378.JPGIMG_1384.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Hey guys. My name Zach, born and still living in Greenville SC. Avid outdoorsman. Mostly fly fishing, backpacking and obviously long distance travel and overlanding. Trying to find a core group of guys in the upstate sc/wnc area to ride with, swap routes and hang with. One pic is my Tacoma fully set up and one from yesterday’s run up hurricane creek and up to max patch (w/o cage and RTT). Specs are as follows

-2005 Tacoma TRD 4dr
-4.0/5 speed
-Youll notice my Chesapeake bay retriever, Houser, enjoying the whole backseat to himself..the one guy I️ can always count on for an adventure
-Factory locker/bed outlet
-OME 2.5” heavy/heavy kit
-SPC uca’s
-265/75 r16 BFG at ko2
-ARB on board air (w hose kit, ez inflator and deflator)
-optima yellow top
-ARB bumper
-autozone 18” led light bar (bright as shit and around $80)
-WARN vr10 winch w/ southeast overland braided synthetic line & factor 55 splicer
-southeast overland hard and soft shackles, 2” receiver shackle, tree strap and tow strap
-hi-lift w/ jack cover (mounted on front bumper)
-All-pro Apex pak rak
-Yakima bars w/ bed mounts
-ARB Kukadu RTT
-cobra 19 dx w/ 4’ firestick (mounted on front bumper)
-trasharoo
-Coleman 2 burner and griddle from Walmart (for cooking)
-water purifier
-assorted tools, jumper box, knives, flashlight, .45 glock, med kit, etc
-7 gal water jug/old ass yeti cooler
-ram mount and Gaia gps on iPhone (for navigation)

Last edited:

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Welcome. Nice rig.

Thanks...I'm going to order the Front Runner roof rack this week and probably a Oztent RV4 within the next month. I'm debating on on what drawer system and fridge set up I want. I found a guy on Youtube who did a write up on the Expedition Portal website about his overland build on his XJ. He did away with his rear seat and put in a 10.5 gal floorboard water tank for a onboard shower system and that gave him room for a dual battery system along with a storage cubby for recovery gear. He also put in a 36" slide out back for his stove and a sink and a drawer fridge on the other side. It's nice to have the rear seat but I usually drive with it folded down anyway. I still have to get my ARB Bull Bar and Warn M8000 winch put on (weather permitting).

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

dmacdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Little Rock, AR
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Dave. I was born and raised in Florida, and have recently relocated to Little Rock, Arkansas. I’d love to meet outdoors oriented people in the area.

I’m an avid hiker, backpacker, sailor, and generally love any kind of adventure. Moving to Arkansas has given me a great opportunity to expand my overland experience, which I’d consider to be between novice and capable.

I recently moved on from my lightly modified 2014 Subaru Forester, to a more serious 2002 Toyota Tacoma. I’ll attach photos of the last day I had the Forester, and the first day with the Toyota.

Thanks for looking, and I’m excited to be a part of this great community!
820145C6-510A-40AD-9C48-22CE0F676B61.jpeg
36D493F2-2357-4BFC-9935-00CE0F3A866B.jpeg

Packr12

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone my name is Aaron. I recently moved to NY and I'm looking for a good group to overland with. I figured this was the perfect place to start my search.

Rig: 2016 4Runner Trail
Experience: Moderate, I used to go camping/4wheeling every weekend but haven't done much in the last few years. Looking to get back out there on a regular basis

AprilC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocklin, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is April, I live in the greater Sacramento area with my partner Thomas. I have been adventuring since I was 18. I used to push my two-door car to the limits in the canyon until I graduated to a bigger and better vehicle with more capabilities. This is how I learned to drive and maneuver my way around the trail obstacles.

I always told myself I would buy a Jeep and travel the U.S. I put it off for a long time due to excuses. I’m not getting any younger! I finally committed and bought a 2012 Jeep JKU. I put off major modifications due to lack of incentive and cash until our friends planned a trip to Utah where I put my skills to the test once again. Let’s just say I think I hit my threshold as of now on Utah’s Hells Revenge or I was extremely exhausted from that week’s previous trails. I made it through, thanks to my partner (my spotter) and our friends to helping spot and put the entire trip together. I now have the adventure bug even more.

My rig is my 2012 Jeep JKU; locked, skid plates, winch, rack, rooftop tent, etc.

Thank you!
IMG_5395.JPG IMG_5396.JPG Divesh Joshi - IMG_20170909_062609.jpg

RyanJ

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hi all,
New member form Oregon here. My wife and I both grew up in families that camp and enjoy the outdoors. Last year, we decided it was time to up our game a bit and give ourselves the some creature comforts with the ability to get a little off of the beaten path... we bought a nicely loaded Xventure xv2 to tow behind my 2012 Silverado 1500 6.2.
Happy overlanding!
E5631B91-F7E8-49D3-A857-1ABA82DF5CAC.jpeg 26AAA329-0590-4020-88D9-C37C354E185C.jpeg BF5849B7-89CC-448C-858B-72B16B4EBC74.jpeg

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone,

My name is April, I live in the greater Sacramento area with my partner Thomas. I have been adventuring since I was 18. I used to push my two-door car to the limits in the canyon until I graduated to a bigger and better vehicle with more capabilities. This is how I learned to drive and maneuver my way around the trail obstacles.

I always told myself I would buy a Jeep and travel the U.S. I put it off for a long time due to excuses. I’m not getting any younger! I finally committed and bought a 2012 Jeep JKU. I put off major modifications due to lack of incentive and cash until our friends planned a trip to Utah where I put my skills to the test once again. Let’s just say I think I hit my threshold as of now on Utah’s Hells Revenge or I was extremely exhausted from that week’s previous trails. I made it through, thanks to my partner (my spotter) and our friends to helping spot and put the entire trip together. I now have the adventure bug even more.

My rig is my 2012 Jeep JKU; locked, skid plates, winch, rack, rooftop tent, etc.

Thank you!
View attachment 48425 View attachment 48427 View attachment 48428
Welcome. Nice outfitted Rig. Sounds like your off to a great start.

Reactions: AprilC

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi all,
New member form Oregon here. My wife and I both grew up in families that camp and enjoy the outdoors. Last year, we decided it was time to up our game a bit and give ourselves the some creature comforts with the ability to get a little off of the beaten path... we bought a nicely loaded Xventure xv2 to tow behind my 2012 Silverado 1500 6.2.
Happy overlanding!
View attachment 48435 View attachment 48436 View attachment 48437
Welcome to the forums. It looks and sounds like you are well versed in Overlanding. Look forward to reading about your adventures.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Thanks...I'm going to order the Front Runner roof rack this week and probably a Oztent RV4 within the next month. I'm debating on on what drawer system and fridge set up I want. I found a guy on Youtube who did a write up on the Expedition Portal website about his overland build on his XJ. He did away with his rear seat and put in a 10.5 gal floorboard water tank for a onboard shower system and that gave him room for a dual battery system along with a storage cubby for recovery gear. He also put in a 36" slide out back for his stove and a sink and a drawer fridge on the other side. It's nice to have the rear seat but I usually drive with it folded down anyway. I still have to get my ARB Bull Bar and Warn M8000 winch put on (weather permitting).
Nice! Sounds like a build you need to post to the OB Build Thread.

Badfoz

Rank 0

Traveler I

SoCal
Hi,

My name is Wayne and I am located in San Diego. I have a 2013 Forester XT, which I have been slowly making more off-road friendly. My Overlanding experiencing is a novice. I have never really owned anything that was off-road capable before, so taking to the trails is new to me. Looking to make some good memories while exploring!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi,

My name is Wayne and I am located in San Diego. I have a 2013 Forester XT, which I have been slowly making more off-road friendly. My Overlanding experiencing is a novice. I have never really owned anything that was off-road capable before, so taking to the trails is new to me. Looking to make some good memories while exploring!
Welcome. you'll find a lot of folk to help in these forums and a large group of OBers in SoCal.

AprilC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocklin, CA
Member #

Hi all,
Happy overlanding!
View attachment 48435 View attachment 48436 View attachment 48437
Nice kitchen set up! I like the layout. We are still working on ours.

drewster

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

coeurdAlene idaho
Member #

View attachment 48392View attachment 48393

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Hey guys. My name Zach, born and still living in Greenville SC. Avid outdoorsman. Mostly fly fishing, backpacking and obviously long distance travel and overlanding. Trying to find a core group of guys in the upstate sc/wnc area to ride with, swap routes and hang with. One pic is my Tacoma fully set up and one from yesterday’s run up hurricane creek and up to max patch (w/o cage and RTT). Specs are as follows

-2005 Tacoma TRD 4dr
-4.0/5 speed
-Houser, my Chesapeake bay retriever you’ll notice enjoying the whole backseat to himself..the one guy I️ can always count on for an adventure
-Factory locker/bed outlet
-OME 2.5” heavy/heavy kit
-SPC uca’s
-265/75 r15 BFG at ko2
-ARB on board air (w hose kit, ez inflator and deflator)
-optima yellow top
-ARB bumper
-autozone 18” led light bar (bright as shit and around $80)
-WARN vr10 winch w/ southeast overland braided synthetic line & factor 55 splicer
-southeast overland hard and soft shackles, 2” receiver shackle, tree strap and tow strap
-hi-lift w/ jack cover (mounted on front bumper)
-All-pro Apex pak rak
-Yakima bars w/ bed mounts
-ARB Kukadu RTT
-cobra 19 dx w/ 4’ firestick (mounted on front bumper)
-trasharoo
-Coleman 2 burner and griddle from Walmart (for cooking)
-water purifier
-assorted tools, jumper box, knives, flashlight, .45 glock, med kit, etc
-7 gal water jug/old ass yeti cooler
-ram mount and Gaia gps on iPhone (for navigation)

sweet rig i just bought a toyota ln106 turbo deisel

Reactions: zach white