Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

k9lestat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Statesboro,Ga.
Member #

Hey everyone I'm Craig AKA Wildland Outdoors.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland Experience: Moderate, been camping off the beaten path since I was 16 in a Ford Tempo following jeeps around.

Wildland Outdoors is something my wife and I are beginning this year. We are going to be taking various kinds of trips, backpacking, canoeing, overlanding, etc..., and documenting them with trip reports, photos, video and gps data. I am going to be getting started soon working on my Jeep to upgrade it to function as our adventure rig.
Can't wait to see it.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

k9lestat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Statesboro,Ga.
Member #

1) Location: Phoenix, AZ
2) Rig 2011 FJ Cruiser OME Lift, Warrior Flat Roof Rack, Cooper AT/3 tires, Dual Ham radios and CB, RAM iPad Mount, other electronic gizmos
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced but always learning.

I found your site from a link, to a link, to a link! Ha Ha.... I have had my FJ for 3 years. Before that I had a Honda Element for 10. Once I purchased the FJ it was off to the races.

I have been to and done the following in 3 years
Overland Expo
FJ Summit
AZ Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
Utah Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
North Rim
Mohave Road
El Camino Del Diablo
7 days in Baja
Just got back from Death Valley
Countless other trips within AZ
Lots of upcoming trips

I also purchased and sold an M416 trailer and now have a large DIY trailer similar to a Turtleback Trailer. I also have a web site. 4XOverlandAdventures.com or 4XOA.com

I spend way too much time on Expedition Portal and IH8MUD. I hang out with the Copperstate Cruisers and AZFJ folks.

I'm a pilot by profession and at times it gives me the time off to do all of these trips. I would love to quit my job and drive from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego (Been there by air)

Every trip is a learning experience and I don't claim to know it all.

Here's my setup less the new Warrior Roof Rack.

Happy Trails!
Chris

You should check out a YouTube channel called combi life. It's a young man's trip from south America to Alaska.

Pretty interesting an great scenery.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking for awhile so I thought I'd be neighborly and introduce myself. My name is Carlo, and i live in Penticton BC (in the South Okanagan Valley). We are situated about an hour north of the US border on Hwy #97. The South Okanagan is the dryest and warmest area of Canada, our winters are very mild and summer temps regularly go over 100*F. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else to be honest...though I've always had a strange urge to travel. The Wife and I had toured by motorbike for about a decade now, and love to get the travel trailer out camping. The Oregon Coast is our favorite travel trailer style of camping area, hands down.....nothing really seems to compare to it. This new avenue of adventure, the adventure overland experience has gotten us quite excited. We adopted a deaf pooch 2 years ago, and a puppy 4 months ago now, so our motorcycle touring seems to be behind us for awhile. We were sitting around trying to figure out how to experience what is out there, with our furry family....and i mentioned this "overland thing" to my wife. "Overland?" she said "Whats' that?". So we sat down and found ourselves binge watching Expedition Overland for a week. If my Wife was on the fence before, well.....a big think you to those guys as she is fully on board now. "Maxtrax", we really need Maxtrax" she stated right away (and who am I to argue?)

But I digress, I drive a 2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road. I call her Miss X and I've posted in the Rig thread of her ongoing evolution. I've never been one to latch onto names, or fit between the lines. So to me, this overland experience that we are about to embark on will encompass everything from overnight runs up to hidden fishing lakes, days spent exploring the old local mining history, weekends of travel down the thin blue dotted FSR lines in my backcountry mapbook, to multi-week adventures such as the one we are looking forward to this summer (a two week trip to Colorado to meet up with friends)

I'll shut up now as I've obviously been babbling on for awhile. I look forward to gleaning a ton of useful information on this forum, it looks like a place where a guy who always wants to know whats down that dusty old road can call home.

cheers,
Carlo.
Welcome! Nice of you to follow some of us Nissan folk over from the other forum. We need to arrange some sort of Pacific Northwest/BC Nissan Overland meetup. Get that ARB bumper installed yet?

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Thanks. I had wanted to go to the NW Overland Rally, it's only a 4 hour drive from here. But we leave the next week for Colorado so we just don't have the time. That weekend will be prep and load time I think. But I'm game for some sort of meet up later in the summer or in early fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@ecco Welcome! I have a 2000 I just started last year. I'm also on the west coast. Can't wait to see what you do with your 99!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
1) Location: Oregon City, OR
2) 93' Toyota Land Cruiser
3) I am team leader for Oregon Trail Off-Road, an expedition team back tracking the 3000+ miles of the Oregon Trail in 35 days. We leave this summer and we are super stoked to be part of your community.
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing images and hearing about your upcoming backpacking adventure. That would be an awesome thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome! We took a trip from Ohio to WA, OR, WY, SD, etc last fall, and crossed the trail several times. We saw the obelisk to the only casualty, and the disappointing end of trail marker stone in a city park somewhere. I look forward to your journey.

Note that I edited a typo in your link (and Shawn's quote.)

Oregon Trail Off-Road

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

Oregon Trail Off-Road
Member #

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing images and hearing about your upcoming backpacking adventure. That would be an awesome thing to do.
Not backbacking, back tracking. lol we'll be doing it Overland style in our team vehicles 93' 80 series land cruiser and an 07 Fj cruiser. The Ford Ranger will be grabbing the baton from FJ at week 2 of our expedition and be finishing out the last three weeks.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
3) I am team leader for Oregon Trail Off-Road, an expedition team back tracking the 3000+ miles of the Oregon Trail in 35 days. We leave this summer and we are super stoked to be part of your community.
Welcome @OTOR, I've been catching up with your video's, looking forward to the trip, sure wish I were able to tag along. Good luck, I'm a fan, need anything this group can be a pretty good resource.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Oregon Trail Off-Road

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

Oregon Trail Off-Road
Member #

Welcome @OTOR, I've been catching up with your video's, looking forward to the trip, sure wish I were able to tag along. Good luck, I'm a fan, need anything this group can be a pretty good resource.
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.
Heck ya thanks stoked to be part of your community just got my member emblem 0971 on friday

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
Funny how the off road world truly is a small world. Welcome to this community. I follow you guys elsewhere. I am running a portion of the OBDR in May (start in prineville, end in walla walla). I am over in bend and keep wanting to hook up with you guys one of these days.

Oregon Trail Off-Road

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

Oregon Trail Off-Road
Member #

Funny how the off road world truly is a small world. Welcome to this community. I follow you guys elsewhere. I am running a portion of the OBDR in May (start in prineville, end in walla walla). I am over in bend and keep wanting to hook up with you guys one of these days.

We're going to be in bend this weekend we're going to be exploring Pine MT.

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
We're going to be in bend this weekend we're going to be exploring Pine MT.
Seriously? My son and I might be in for the day on saturday if that is ok? My 80 is in the shop as we speak getting 5.29's and ARB lockers. It is supposed to be done by the end of the week but you know how that goes. Can you PM me a good way to get ahold of you in case it works out?

Reactions: NorthStar96