Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Nevada cowboy

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Nevada cowboy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello from Nevada. I've always been an "outdoor" type. Love hiking, camping, off-roading and nearly everything affiliated. Lucky enough to live in the western eleven and have tons of overlanding experience in the western states and Mexico's Baja. So glad I found this site.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Nevada. I've always been an "outdoor" type. Love hiking, camping, off-roading and nearly everything affiliated. Lucky enough to live in the western eleven and have tons of overlanding experience in the western states and Mexico's Baja. So glad I found this site.
Hi Nevada Cowboy and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hello from Houston, TX. I just moved out to TX from MO and prior I was a west coast kid. I grew up camping and doing mild and medium back country trails and such.

I have a 2015 Tacoma Double cab 4x4 with a RTT and a hardtop. I’m always in the process of looking for more trips and folks to share a campfire with.

Happy trails!

bsp_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area, CA and Portland, OR
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Hopple
Member #

Hey folks!

I'm from the bay area, CA and I currently go to school in Portland, OR so my rig and I frequent both areas. I drive a 08 Toyota Tacoma ACLB with extended travel and an rtt. Used to be just a weekend trailrunner but I've been slowly combining offroading with camping and found overlanding. I'm currently planning a weeklong light overland trip from CA-WA, and looking into getting something going once I am in Australia in the next year or two! Looking forward to meeting some people who share the same passion!

IMG_5858.JPG
Here's a photo pre-rtt and everything else. Got a lot of installs including lighting and armor coming in the next couple of days (I only do installs like twice a year because of school so they're always weeklong projects)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from Houston, TX. I just moved out to TX from MO and prior I was a west coast kid. I grew up camping and doing mild and medium back country trails and such.

I have a 2015 Tacoma Double cab 4x4 with a RTT and a hardtop. I’m always in the process of looking for more trips and folks to share a campfire with.

Happy trails!
Hi Rene Daniel and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Rene Daniel

Frontier Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Bunger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BRA
Who did you get your rack from, I've got a 2015 Frontier crew cab 4x4 in white. Between now and October I'm having a 2 0r 3"lift kit and ARB front and rear bumpers installed.
The rack basket is a Smittybilt Defender PN#40404 and ligth cage PN#40002. I already had Rhino Rack cross bars on it, so I just attached the basket to it instead of buying the roof mounts from Smittybilt. (and I didn't want to drill holes in the roof).

AddictedToJeepsCom

Rank III

Explorer I

Sterling, Massachusetts
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
O’Connor
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi! I'm Pat. Overland Bound Member #7619. Here's my intro info:

1) Picture: (See below)
2) Location: Central Massachusetts
3) Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Color: Rescue Green. Mods include: 12K winch, 2.5" Teraflex/Rancho lift, 35" BFGs on AEV wheels, aftermarket steel bumpers front & rear plus rock rails. Lights include KC Hilites long-range LED lights plus LED headlights. Also have a 5'x8' utility trailer that's been modded to carry kayaks and up to 8 bikes.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Member of several New England Jeep Clubs and drove cross-country once, but all on paved roads. Looking to do more off-road exploring of the NorthEast and the USA in general with family and friends instead of just bouncing my Jeep off of boulders in the woods. 20708113_1396676943785260_2525586309638681599_n.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi! I'm Pat. Overland Bound Member #7619. Here's my intro info:

1) Picture: (See below)
2) Location: Central Massachusetts
3) Rig: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Color: Rescue Green. Mods include: 12K winch, 2.5" Teraflex/Rancho lift, 35" BFGs on AEV wheels, aftermarket steel bumpers front & rear plus rock rails. Lights include KC Hilites long-range LED lights plus LED headlights. Also have a 5'x8' utility trailer that's been modded to carry kayaks and up to 8 bikes.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Member of several New England Jeep Clubs and drove cross-country once, but all on paved roads. Looking to do more off-road exploring of the NorthEast and the USA in general with family and friends instead of just bouncing my Jeep off of boulders in the woods. View attachment 43127
Hi Pat and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: AddictedToJeepsCom

AddictedToJeepsCom

Rank III

Explorer I

Sterling, Massachusetts
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
O’Connor
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Pat and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks for the welcome! And safe travels to you, Izzi, and Annie as well! Been following your channels for a while now - very jealous that you guys are in sunny, warm CA this week! I'll keep my eye out as you head east (I still need to fill out my 50 State Questionnaire). Count me in for at least one Jade Jamboree once you get closer to MA.

Take care,
- Pat

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks for the welcome! And safe travels to you, Izzi, and Annie as well! Been following your channels for a while now - very jealous that you guys are in sunny, warm CA this week! I'll keep my eye out as you head east (I still need to fill out my 50 State Questionnaire). Count me in for at least one Jade Jamboree once you get closer to MA.

Take care,
- Pat
You're welcome Pat! Really appreciate you following my journey (you can follow me here too)! Looking forward to my MA state visit! Happy Holidays!

Reactions: AddictedToJeepsCom

JR402

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA
Member #

Hi all my name is John, OB#9472.
Rig: 2017 Ram Power Wagon, red.
Experience: Consider myself a novice. Have gotten around a bit prior to signing up, but looking forward to learning more and seeing you all out there.

Rene Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX
Member #

Hi all my name is John, OB#9472.
Rig: 2017 Ram Power Wagon, red.
Experience: Consider myself a novice. Have gotten around a bit prior to signing up, but looking forward to learning more and seeing you all out there.
Welcome to the family! Go make some memories and share them with friends and loved ones bud!

lkharr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Centennial, Colorado, United States
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Harrell
Member #

Howdy! My name is Landon, OB#9289. I'm a small town Texas boy who has grown up hunting camping and driving 4x4 trails.

I currently reside in College Station, Texas and my rig is a 2017 JKU Rubicon. Looking forward to learning from many of y'all!

Danny Frazier

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dawsonville, GA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
FRAZIER
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force, US Arm
Hello from N GA. I drive a 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2. I put 3 1/2" under it with Terra Firma HD springs in the rear and Bearmach D110 HD +45mm in the front with D1 spring perches. Local sliders with tree bars (Merry Christmas)...custom winch bumper with Superwinch and all controls in engine bay. Just got my rack from Voyager. Mantec snorkel. 285/75/16 on stock wheels. Have 50/50 xfer case and linkage to install when time permits. Hope to install a detroit true track in the rear soon. My overlanding experience stems from living out of an M998 for months at a time doing recovery in the Army. Now it's more fun. I'm always looking to roll with anyone who wants to go.20171205_205348.jpg