First Name
Greg
Last Name
Darnall
Member #

1) Picture should be attached
2) Location: Washington DC area
3) Rig: 2014 Subaru Forester 2.0 XT Touring, Yakima Sky Box Lo on roof
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Lots of experience driving across America, very little off road, zero rock crawling.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Ronin910

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Malden, Massachusetts
Member #

3A5970DD-9F24-4444-A2E7-48BF8E61D544.jpeg Hi all. My name is Andre. New to the forum and newish to Overlanding!! Wanted to say hello and introduce myself. So here it is!! I hope to learn a lot here and meet some great people as well as just have some plain old fashioned fun

Name: Andre
Vehicle: 2001 Ford Excursion XLT (7.3 Powerstroke Diesel)
Experience: novice (for now haha)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 41816

The Beautiful Black HIlls of South Dakota is where I call home!

I own a 2015 Subaru CrossTrek-stock. Maybe someday I will get upgrades to get me into even more remote areas, although I have been in some pretty remote fire service roads with this and my previous Subaru Forester.

I would consider myself a Novice when it comes to Overlanding.

I work as a youth program advisor where I teach environmental education to youth in schools, libraries, and clubs.

I am also a volunteer for Pennington County Search and Rescue where I assist the community when needed for lost subjects, vehicle accidents, hiking/climbing injuries, and natural disasters. I am also a NOLS Wilderness First Responder which comes in handy in some situations.

I am a voting member of the Rapid City Urban Wildlife Committee which is a sub-committee of the Rapid City Parks and Recreation Department.

I have a little piece of heaven located in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota (shown in the picture above) where I will hopefully soon be building my home so that I can enjoy all that nature has to offer right outside my front door.

I enjoy taking drives through the Black Hills and exploring new areas and going on adventures near and far (well, mainly near, not so much far yet).

If you are in the area I'd enjoy talking with you about your adventures and letting you in on a few local areas here.
Hi Paha Sapa and welcome to OB! Nice looking Subaru! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
Overlanding Experience: Novice so far, No extreme off roading yet!
Have done lots of "Car Camping" over the years, mostly back country areas. Also "camped" out in many interesting areas while traveling around the country. When the sun is setting and the weather is getting bad you dont have many options, you have to get creative... Like a Walmart parking lot in NoWheresVille in the middle of a blizzard... Thankfully with my rig camp is anywhere I park.
Looking forward to connecting with the Overland Bound community and meeting up while on my travels. See you out there!
Hi Topperezlift and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, I'm Kyle from central Indiana. I got the overlanding / off roading bug about 9 years ago. It started with my 95' Mitsubishi Montero. That thing was a beast and always felt like I was going on a safari every time I got in it. We moved on to a 92' YJ and had a blast driving it until the frame broke. (Weird part is it handled the trails just fine with the broken frame, I didn't notice it was broken till it was time to air up the tires and go home.) Now we have a 97' Grand Cherokee and a 04' Suburban, we are very happy with both. We look forward to having adventures with our kids and meeting new friends.

Thank you to everybody that has put so much effort into this website it is awesome.
And Michael, keep making the videos on youtube they are great, we really enjoy watching them.
Hi Kyle and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all, I have mostly 4x4 short run experience. So I am limited to the Overland experience, especially since in the South East there is not a lot, at least that i have found yet, that i can do. I have a 2011 Ram 3500 crew cab short bed with a cummins motor. Lifted 8", 37" Nitto Tires, and a few other extras at the moment. I am current planning my first big trip for next August and looking forward to reading as much as possible to learn, prepare, and maybe try to gain some new friends, and maybe talk a few of you into joining me. Thank you all very much, and looking forward to speaking with you. I am from Columbia SC
Hi MakinuCummins and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 41867 Hi all. My name is Andre. New to the forum and newish to Overlanding!! Wanted to say hello and introduce myself. So here it is!! I hope to learn a lot here and meet some great people as well as just have some plain old fashioned fun

HI Andre and welcome to OB! Nice looking Excursion! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ronin910

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Lots of experience driving across America, very little off road, zero rock crawling.
Hi GMDOB9233 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Subaru! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all, I have mostly 4x4 short run experience. So I am limited to the Overland experience, especially since in the South East there is not a lot, at least that i have found yet, that i can do. I have a 2011 Ram 3500 crew cab short bed with a cummins motor. Lifted 8", 37" Nitto Tires, and a few other extras at the moment. I am current planning my first big trip for next August and looking forward to reading as much as possible to learn, prepare, and maybe try to gain some new friends, and maybe talk a few of you into joining me. Thank you all very much, and looking forward to speaking with you. I am from Columbia SC
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Ram and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking Subaru and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 41867 Hi all. My name is Andre. New to the forum and newish to Overlanding!! Wanted to say hello and introduce myself. So here it is!! I hope to learn a lot here and meet some great people as well as just have some plain old fashioned fun

Hello Andre and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking Ford and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Ronin910

tbuck12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Buckley
Member #

Hello all from San Diego... I am new to overlanding and looking to get my feet wet... just wanted to say Hi and here is my ride... enjoying Borrego 3 days after picking this up.

Borrego pic.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all from San Diego... I am new to overlanding and looking to get my feet wet... just wanted to say Hi and here is my ride... enjoying Borrego 3 days after picking this up.

View attachment 41893
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures...feet wet??...just dive in...you now own one of the most adventure capable rigs stock on the planet...lots of info and great members here to help..

Reactions: tbuck12

Ovalle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tijuana
Member #

Hello Overlanders!!!! Thanks for the intro..
Location: Tecate baja California, Mexico..just from Baja, one of the most beautiful places on the earth to overlanding
Rig: 2013 jeep wrangler sport unlimited.
Experience: beginner...

Looking forward to ride with you guys!!!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Overlanders!!!! Thanks for the intro..
Location: Tecate baja California, Mexico..just from Baja, one of the most beautiful places on the earth to overlanding
Rig: 2013 jeep wrangler sport unlimited.
Experience: beginner...

Looking forward to ride with you guys!!!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your adventures