• HTML tutorial

MarioM

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodbury, MN
Member #

Hello OB crew,

I'm Adam. An overlanding novice, but I have backpacked and kayak camped a fair amount over the years. Very interested in learning more and getting outside just a bit off the beaten path. I'm also a longtime avid snowboarder and enjoy cycling, but haven't been doing either much of late. Trying to get out of the rut, meet some new folks and get outside a bit more. This seemed like a good introduction and way to do that. Curious to see who else is in the Bay Area (can't see map for some reason).

Thanks!

Experience: Novice
Rig: 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium

Welcome to OB! I like your truck.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello OB crew,

I'm Adam. An overlanding novice, but I have backpacked and kayak camped a fair amount over the years. Very interested in learning more and getting outside just a bit off the beaten path. I'm also a longtime avid snowboarder and enjoy cycling, but haven't been doing either much of late. Trying to get out of the rut, meet some new folks and get outside a bit more. This seemed like a good introduction and way to do that. Curious to see who else is in the Bay Area (can't see map for some reason).

Thanks!

Hello Adam and welcome to the OB crew..good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures...you have to upgrade your acct. So that your name has member bar befor you can access any member areas.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/have-an-ob-emblem-upgrade-your-account.2029/unread

Reactions: asanto

wy0ming

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sheridan, WY, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Briggs
Member #

Hello everyone!

Just stopping in to introduce myself, and show off the beginnings of my adventure. I recently happened into a 2010 Subaru Outback, and as I've always been a bit of a wanderer, I figured I'd make this my go anywhere, do anything rig. I'm currently based in Phoenix, but make at least one trip North to Wyoming each year. Plenty of exploring happens between the big trips, and I want to find more amazing places and do less sitting around inside. So I guess you could say I'm a novice in building a rig, but have a bit of experience with getting out into the unknown.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone!

Just stopping in to introduce myself, and show off the beginnings of my adventure. I recently happened into a 2010 Subaru Outback, and as I've always been a bit of a wanderer, I figured I'd make this my go anywhere, do anything rig. I'm currently based in Phoenix, but make at least one trip North to Wyoming each year. Plenty of exploring happens between the big trips, and I want to find more amazing places and do less sitting around inside. So I guess you could say I'm a novice in building a rig, but have a bit of experience with getting out into the unknown.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Hold Fast Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indianapolis
Member #

Hello everyone, new member here. I'm Paul in Indianapolis. We met a couple of you at Overland Expo East and after watching me stare at the website and Instagram account every night my wife bought me a membership for Xmas. We use our Cheroekee Trailhawk to get a little off the beaten to mountain bike, camp and hike with our Border Collie Darby.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB crew,

Thanks!

Hi Adam and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: asanto

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone, new member here. I'm Paul in Indianapolis. We met a couple of you at Overland Expo East and after watching me stare at the website and Instagram account every night my wife bought me a membership for Xmas. We use our Cheroekee Trailhawk to get a little off the beaten to mountain bike, camp and hike with our Border Collie Darby.
Hi Paul and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone!

Hi Wyoming and welcome to OB! Nice looking Outback! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Paul and welcome to the OB crew..looking forward to seeing your adventures in your jeep

Traveler I

Hello everyone,
My name is Jonathan M. Coleman. I am completely new to overlanding and I cannot wait to get out there and get started. However I first need to get a vehicle that at least has four-wheel drive. I'm currently driving my 1995 Ford F-150 XLT with a 5-liter V8 motor. Any other questions I'll be glad to answer and I look forward to getting the chance to go overlanding with y'all.
Welcome. I would like to see your F150, yoy should post some pics

Sent from my SM-G610M using OB Talk mobile app

Traveler I

Hello All,

I'm in the Pennsylvania / New Jersey area and have been itching to start exploring in my truck. I wouldn't call it a rig yet, but I drive a 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X. It's my daily driver so I've been hesitant to start investing in upgrades that'll downgrade the highway drive-ability... Too much commuting still...
I'm a novice on this journey so far. I'm from the Pine Barrens, and have done a bit of wheeling at Rausch Creek in PA. So far I've been reluctant to stray too far off the beaten path; I've just got no backup. So when I found you guys, I thought I'd take a look and see if I could join in any rides.

Rausch Creek after a dip in the lake:View attachment 41281
Pine Barrens, small lake near an old clay mine. 39.858582, -74.432081
View attachment 41282
Great Xterra, i have been in love of this truck for a long time. Enjoy your stay in OB and enjoy even more the open roads

Traveler I

Hey there!

I just recently discovered the overlanding community after talking with a friend. I had just recently purchased a 2017 Tacoma and he mentioned overlanding to me. I did some research and found so much about it. It really caught my attention due to my love of the outdoors that I gained while achieving my Eagle Scout.

I am located outside of Sacramento, CA in Rancho Cordova, CA.

My truck is a Grey 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

My overlanding experience from a vehicle perspective is novice, but my outdoors and survival experience is intermediate. I am always looking for suggestions and tips!

I am excited to begin my overlanding journey!

-Brandon aka Vach
Welcome Vach, you have an amazing Tacoma, love the color. Enjoy the open roads!!!

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Shane and I live in south central KS.

I guess I've been overlanding for a while now but we always just called it "wheeling and camping," however I would say I am still definitely a novice. I don't get out as much as I would like but hope to change that very soon.

My first 4x4 was a 1998 XJ. I put a 2" budget boost and 30" mud terrains. I drove that thing in Wyoming when I lived up there for a short time, all over KS and OK and also in NC when I was in the Army. I currently have a 2005 Wrangler Rubicon with a 2" budget boost and 1" body lift, new tires and other accessories to come in the near future.

I recently purchased a 2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad in hopes of being able to get out more often and go a little further. I plan to upgrade as time goes by but it's also my daily driver so main focus is on the TJ.

Other than that, thanks for the opportunity to be here and I look forward to chatting with other members and gaining knowledge.

Best,

Shane

IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all,

I guess I've been overlanding for a while now but we always just called it "wheeling and camping," however I would say I am still definitely a novice. I don't get out as much as I would like but hope to change that very soon.

My first 4x4 was a 1998 XJ. I put a 2" budget boost and 30" mud terrains. I drove that thing in Wyoming when I lived up there for a short time, all over KS and OK and also in NC when I was in the Army. I currently have a 2005 Wrangler Rubicon with a 2" budget boost and 1" body lift, new tires and other accessories to come in the near future.

I recently purchased a 2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad in hopes of being able to get out more often and go a little further. I plan to upgrade as time goes by but it's also my daily driver so main focus is on the TJ.

Other than that, thanks for the opportunity to be here and I look forward to chatting with other members and gaining knowledge.

Best,

Shane

View attachment 41540
View attachment 41541
Hi Shane and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4

Wicked overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Jordan
Member #

Hello all,

Best,

Shane

View attachment 41540
View attachment 41541
Welcome! Can’t wait to see how they turn out! Two awesome rides!

Carlos Nieto

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi, from Spring, TX
Carlos
Rig: 2016 Pearl Blue Crewmax Tundra
this is ol' blue from our trip to Washington State here were are at Deception Pass State Park.
20170704_184314[1].jpg
And this is one from Stephen F. Austin State Park in Texas
20170324_170642[1].jpg
Another one from the Jebediah State Park in California
20171119_095355[1].jpg
Overlanding Experience: Novice mostly state parks and the occasional national park. Big Bend is on my bucket list for early spring next year or fall.