Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

Greetings Everyone,

New to Overlanding, but I've been adventuring for awhile now, did the Vanlife for about 6-months and hiked the Appalachian Trail. Recently got a 99' XJ to start exploring more off the beaten track. I enjoy getting into the backcountry and spending as much time as possible exploring different areas.

Spent 5-years in the Marine Corps, worked as a contractor in the middle east and as an EP agent in the corporate world. Quit my day job to see the world with good friends!

If you'd like to get out and hit the backcountry, feel free to hit me up!
View attachment 40056
Welcome! Not sure your plans for the XJ build up, but if you have any interest in a sleeping platform PM me and I can give you the plans for my setup! It's long and wide enough that we comfortably slept stretched out with our own space, and no need to worry about wind and killer temps. Looking forward to seeing it!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 41433 View attachment 41432 Hello all!
I’m andrew from the Sebago Lake region in Maine. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to camping and finding amazing adventures. I currently am building two overlanding trucks. 1 being a 2016 tacoma TRD off-road and the 2nd being a 2018 4runner sr5. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning all I can from you guys.
Hello Andrew and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Wicked overland

Turner Family Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Rutherford County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Hello OB!
Turner Family from Nashville, TN. We are new to overloading, but have been backpacking, hiking, and traveling the US and world over the years. This all started about 1 year ago with the purchase of a used 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road. We have always wanted one to travel around in and camp with. We found overloading by looking up mods for the Tacoma online and on youtube. Who knew all this existed! We are novice off roaders, but love to get off the main roads and explore. We attended Overland Expo East this year and have officially been bitten by the bug. Look forward to learning from everyone here and exploring more.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello OB!
Turner Family from Nashville, TN. We are new to overloading, but have been backpacking, hiking, and traveling the US and world over the years. This all started about 1 year ago with the purchase of a used 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road. We have always wanted one to travel around in and camp with. We found overloading by looking up mods for the Tacoma online and on youtube. Who knew all this existed! We are novice off roaders, but love to get off the main roads and explore. We attended Overland Expo East this year and have officially been bitten by the bug. Look forward to learning from everyone here and exploring more.
Hello Turner Family and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
View attachment 41405 View attachment 41399 View attachment 41400 View attachment 41401 View attachment 41402 View attachment 41403View attachment 41406
View attachment 41404 Nicholas Nelson I from Northern New Mexico. My wife and I have always been into off roading. I have had multiple Land Cruisers over the years a K5 blazer, 4 runner, Toyota Tundra, and currently my wife's 2013 Jeep jk. And my 2016 Ram Power Wagon tradesman. How overlanding started. We sold the Fzj80 Land Cruiser to buy a house. The plan was to use her Jeep for all of our outings. That plan changed when. We were given a 22' boat. It was time to buy a truck...... I always wanted a Power Wagon. So that's what I got. I then perchased a James Baroud excursion xxl tent. It's basically down hill from there. I will be putting up a biuld thred for the Jeep and the Power Wagon. I have a bunch of plans.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nicholas!
Great looking vehicles and I love the direction your going with them!
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Reactions: TacoVenturer87

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
View attachment 41433 View attachment 41432 Hello all!
I’m andrew from the Sebago Lake region in Maine. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to camping and finding amazing adventures. I currently am building two overlanding trucks. 1 being a 2016 tacoma TRD off-road and the 2nd being a 2018 4runner sr5. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning all I can from you guys.
Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew!
You can't go wrong with a Toyota!
Hope to hear more about your adventures!

Reactions: Wicked overland

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Good afternoon and hello to everyone at OB (from sunny northern California). I am transitioning into overlanding with this 2014 Toyota Tacoma, which is much more comfortable than my other rig- a modified 1972 Chevy Blazer (rock crawler). Clearly I have a lot to learn but know that this new style of adventure will take me to amazing places and introduce me to great people.

I have intermediate truck knowledge with a low overland IQ.

Aloha Ryan
View attachment 41374
Welcome to Overland Bound Taro taco!
Great looking Tacoma!
Hope to hear more about your adventures.

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
My fiancee' and I are new to the overland community but we are avid campers and outdoor adventures. We can't wait to run into a few of you guys on the trails!

Current rig: 2017 Subaru Outback
We are from Tipton, IN
Welcome to Overland Bound Connor!
Great looking Subaru

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877

Hello everyone.
I'm from Blair county, Pa.
But I'm currently stationed in Norfolk, Virginia.
My "rig" is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It's stock right now. I'm in the planning phase of getting it ready for a trip to Nova Scotia and doing some overlanding in Maine.
I have no overlanding experience. I do have camping and backpacking trips under my belt though.
Welcome to Overland Bound NixJ!
Great looking Cherokee
One Navy guy to another Thank you for your service!

Reactions: NiXJ

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hello OB!
Welcome to Overland Bound Turner Family!
Great Tacoma! I also travel with my wife and kids!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Welcome! Not sure your plans for the XJ build up, but if you have any interest in a sleeping platform PM me and I can give you the plans for my setup! It's long and wide enough that we comfortably slept stretched out with our own space, and no need to worry about wind and killer temps. Looking forward to seeing it!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app
Nice post Fuchs! Love the pics!

Reactions: WellFuch

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB!
Hello and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

asanto

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Emeryville, CA
Member #

Hello OB crew,

I'm Adam. An overlanding novice, but I have backpacked and kayak camped a fair amount over the years. Very interested in learning more and getting outside just a bit off the beaten path. I'm also a longtime avid snowboarder and enjoy cycling, but haven't been doing either much of late. Trying to get out of the rut, meet some new folks and get outside a bit more. This seemed like a good introduction and way to do that. Curious to see who else is in the Bay Area (can't see map for some reason).

Thanks!

Experience: Novice
Rig: 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium

Attachments

Last edited: