Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Taylor Heppner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milwaukie
Member #

Hello Taylor and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures...I was just in Portland yesterday neighbor..if your in eastern Washington just reach out...
Will do! I have family heading that direction so I'm in the general area time to time. Currently in the middle of a truck bed camp trailer as well. Im always looking for places to go!

Reactions: Chadlyb

NiXJ

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gulfport, MS, USA
Member #

Hello everyone.
I'm from Blair county, Pa.
But I'm currently stationed in Norfolk, Virginia.
My "rig" is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It's stock right now. I'm in the planning phase of getting it ready for a trip to Nova Scotia and doing some overlanding in Maine.
I have no overlanding experience. I do have camping and backpacking trips under my belt though.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey there!

I just recently discovered the overlanding community after talking with a friend. I had just recently purchased a 2017 Tacoma and he mentioned overlanding to me. I did some research and found so much about it. It really caught my attention due to my love of the outdoors that I gained while achieving my Eagle Scout.

I am located outside of Sacramento, CA in Rancho Cordova, CA.

My truck is a Grey 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

My overlanding experience from a vehicle perspective is novice, but my outdoors and survival experience is intermediate. I am always looking for suggestions and tips!

I am excited to begin my overlanding journey!

-Brandon aka Vach
Hi Brandon and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi! I am Liz. My ride is a MINI Cooper S convertible, but my sisters is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My experience off road has been mostly as a passenger.
I am here because I will be her navigator at Redclay Rally in June 2018. I am hoping to find some interesting forums about the subject of rallys and navigating so I can learn more of what to expect. I've never done anything like this, so I am just starting to wonder "what have I gotten myself into?".
Any suggestions of where to start would be appreciated!
Hi Liz and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy, Captainskidmark74 here, not new to camping , just haven't done it as much as I would like to, but plan on changing that soon.
View attachment 41336
Only pic I can find of the Taco at present .... just happens to be a red light camera photo op....

1. Western suburb of Chicago (i know pretty lame, huh)
2. '15 Taco TRD Sport DCLB
3. Most of my offroading experience has been on 2 wheels. Currently the bed of the truck serves as my shelter when camping. This past summer I did some dirt biking in western CO, planning on going back out there next summer with the Taco and explore, hoping to use this sight to find some great places to camp out.

Take care,
Scott
Hi Scott and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good morning everyone! I'm not new to overlanding, but new to this community with a new build! Located in the Portland area I'm adventuring in a '17 Silverado. Growing up on the coast I'm very familiar with sand and mud trails, but I'm here to look for trails beyond that leading to amazing places. Rubber side down everyone!
Hi Taylor and welcome to OB! Nice looking Silverado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone.
My "rig" is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It's stock right now. I'm in the planning phase of getting it ready for a trip to Nova Scotia and doing some overlanding in Maine.
I have no overlanding experience. I do have camping and backpacking trips under my belt though.
Hi NiXJ and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: NiXJ

TaroTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Livermore
Member #

Good afternoon and hello to everyone at OB (from sunny northern California). I am transitioning into overlanding with this 2014 Toyota Tacoma, which is much more comfortable than my other rig- a modified 1972 Chevy Blazer (rock crawler). Clearly I have a lot to learn but know that this new style of adventure will take me to amazing places and introduce me to great people.

I have intermediate truck knowledge with a low overland IQ.

Aloha Ryan
qCcT2aLeRQyIzcqbgziQ4w.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good afternoon and hello to everyone at OB (from sunny northern California). I am transitioning into overlanding with this 2014 Toyota Tacoma, which is much more comfortable than my other rig- a modified 1972 Chevy Blazer (rock crawler). Clearly I have a lot to learn but know that this new style of adventure will take me to amazing places and introduce me to great people.

Aloha Ryan
View attachment 41374
Hey Ryan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..thank you for your service and sacrifice..

Reactions: NiXJ

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Aloha Ryan
View attachment 41374
Hello Ryan and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures...you have come to the right place

Traveler I

FB_IMG_1512262369932.jpg FB_IMG_1512261568728.jpg FB_IMG_1512261599880.jpg FB_IMG_1512261581037.jpg FB_IMG_1512261588018.jpg FB_IMG_1512261642044.jpgFB_IMG_1512262856051.jpg
IMG_20171202_170128932.jpg Nicholas Nelson I from Northern New Mexico. My wife and I have always been into off roading. I have had multiple Land Cruisers over the years a K5 blazer, 4 runner, Toyota Tundra, and currently my wife's 2013 Jeep jk. And my 2016 Ram Power Wagon tradesman. How overlanding started. We sold the Fzj80 Land Cruiser to buy a house. The plan was to use her Jeep for all of our outings. That plan changed when. We were given a 22' boat. It was time to buy a truck...... I always wanted a Power Wagon. So that's what I got. I then perchased a James Baroud excursion xxl tent. It's basically down hill from there. I will be putting up a biuld thred for the Jeep and the Power Wagon. I have a bunch of plans.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 41405 View attachment 41399 View attachment 41400 View attachment 41401 View attachment 41402 View attachment 41403View attachment 41406
View attachment 41404 Nicholas Nelson I from Northern New Mexico. My wife and I have always been into off roading. I have had multiple Land Cruisers over the years a K5 blazer, 4 runner, Toyota Tundra, and currently my wife's 2013 Jeep jk. And my 2016 Ram Power Wagon tradesman. How overlanding started. We sold the Fzj80 Land Cruiser to buy a house. The plan was to use her Jeep for all of our outings. That plan changed when. We were given a 22' boat. It was time to buy a truck...... I always wanted a Power Wagon. So that's what I got. I then perchased a James Baroud excursion xxl tent. It's basically down hill from there. I will be putting up a biuld thred for the Jeep and the Power Wagon. I have a bunch of plans.
Hello Nicholas and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rigs and look forward to seeing your builds and adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 41405 View attachment 41399 View attachment 41400 View attachment 41401 View attachment 41402 View attachment 41403View attachment 41406
View attachment 41404 Nicholas Nelson I from Northern New Mexico. My wife and I have always been into off roading. I have had multiple Land Cruisers over the years a K5 blazer, 4 runner, Toyota Tundra, and currently my wife's 2013 Jeep jk. And my 2016 Ram Power Wagon tradesman. How overlanding started. We sold the Fzj80 Land Cruiser to buy a house. The plan was to use her Jeep for all of our outings. That plan changed when. We were given a 22' boat. It was time to buy a truck...... I always wanted a Power Wagon. So that's what I got. I then perchased a James Baroud excursion xxl tent. It's basically down hill from there. I will be putting up a biuld thred for the Jeep and the Power Wagon. I have a bunch of plans.
Hi Nicholas and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Wicked overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Jordan
Member #

39703549-0E41-42D0-BB5F-21EB30F4CF43.jpeg DFD6F6E4-E524-4DB0-88CB-0126D17A02E6.jpeg Hello all!
I’m andrew from the Sebago Lake region in Maine. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to camping and finding amazing adventures. I currently am building two overlanding trucks. 1 being a 2016 tacoma TRD off-road and the 2nd being a 2018 4runner sr5. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning all I can from you guys.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 41433 View attachment 41432 Hello all!
I’m andrew from the Sebago Lake region in Maine. I am new to the overlanding world, but not new to camping and finding amazing adventures. I currently am building two overlanding trucks. 1 being a 2016 tacoma TRD off-road and the 2nd being a 2018 4runner sr5. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning all I can from you guys.
Hi Andrew and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!