Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all! I'm Jared.

Current vehicle(s): 2006 T4R Sport V6, 2016 Suzuki DR650
Previous vehicle(s): 1991 Jeep Wrangler, 1993 Toyota 4x4, 2001 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Overland experience: I'd say I'm a medium. Have adventured plenty but have tons to learn and do.

I had the pleasure of meeting Michael at a Fieldcraft Survival course last year and have been lurking around ever since. Just bought a RTT and thought it was finally time to join... thanks for having me!
Hi backcountrymedic and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all! I'm Jared.

Current vehicle(s): 2006 T4R Sport V6, 2016 Suzuki DR650
Previous vehicle(s): 1991 Jeep Wrangler, 1993 Toyota 4x4, 2001 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Overland experience: I'd say I'm a medium. Have adventured plenty but have tons to learn and do.

I had the pleasure of meeting Michael at a Fieldcraft Survival course last year and have been lurking around ever since. Just bought a RTT and thought it was finally time to join... thanks for having me!
Hello Jared and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi im Michael
South Carolina
1999 4 runner sr5
New to overlanding excited to learn from the experience drivers here.
For some reason i cant post my 4 runner picture.
Hello Michael and welcome to the OB crew...happy to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: T-88

jckstrw

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kalispell, MT
Member #

Hello out there.

I'm Chris, live in the beautiful Flathead Valley of NW Montana.

I have a new Tacoma MT, previously had a '91 Isuzu Trooper and a '98 Honda Passport. Guess I have a thing for Japanese 4x4s (though the new Taco was proudly made in the USA!)

I've been overlanding most my life, but just started calling it "overlanding" earlier this year. Many great memories of exploring and camping with the family and many camping road trips and festivals over the years.

Looking to connect with other folks in Montana and the greater Inland Northwest for new adventures.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Howdy all, I'm Landon!

Rig: 2017 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, I would really like to get into overlanding, however I do not have any friends into it. So I decided that this was the best place to start!
Hello Landon and welcome to the OB crew...happy to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello out there.

I'm Chris, live in the beautiful Flathead Valley of NW Montana.

I have a new Tacoma MT, previously had a '91 Isuzu Trooper and a '98 Honda Passport. Guess I have a thing for Japanese 4x4s (though the new Taco was proudly made in the USA!)

I've been overlanding most my life, but just started calling it "overlanding" earlier this year. Many great memories of exploring and camping with the family and many camping road trips and festivals over the years.

Looking to connect with other folks in Montana and the greater Inland Northwest for new adventures.

Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew..great looking new Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures my NW Neighbor

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Just joined the forum and will soon to become a member! I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X that will be my overlanding vehicle . I plan to do a sleeping platform inside of the Jeep so that I can camp comfortably for a few days or a week. I mostly plan to do long weekends and things, but hopefully will be able to extend that to longer trips someday. I used to live in Southern California but recently moved to Tennessee. I'm a novice when it comes to overlanding but I can't wait to get started!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just joined the forum and will soon to become a member! I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X that will be my overlanding vehicle . I plan to do a sleeping platform inside of the Jeep so that I can camp comfortably for a few days or a week. I mostly plan to do long weekends and things, but hopefully will be able to extend that to longer trips someday. I used to live in Southern California but recently moved to Tennessee. I'm a novice when it comes to overlanding but I can't wait to get started!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..Jake is doing an awesome interior rebuild and may give you some ideas...here is the linkhttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/i-am-jakes-jade-interior-rebuild-94-yj.11216/

Reactions: skully and T-88

Geodash

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oregon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4GEO
Hello All -

My name is Shane. I am new to Overlanding and want to get out on some good adventures. My wife and I currently do a lot of Geocaching and we want to add Overlanding to the mix and set some 5/5's out on the trails.

I recently traded in my 2016 T4R SR5 mall crawler for a 2018 TRD Off Road Premium with KDSS. I am still learning the capabilities of my vehicle and have a long ways to go. I have not added any mods as of yet other than wheels and tires.

I currently live in Salem, Oregon and we have a lot of different places to trail including the Mt. Hood National Forest and the Tillamook National Forest. A favorite area in the state of lots of people are the Oregon Dunes in Florence, Oregon - aka, Sand Lake.

I am new to Overlanding but ready for some adventures. Were planning our first for late spring which will be about 3-4k miles over 2 weeks.

Salem, OR
to Glacier National Park
to Yellowstone
to Salt Lake City
to Arches national Park
to Canyonlands Nation Park
to Moab
to Bryce Canyon National Park
to Rachel, NV (Area 51)
to Tonopah, NV
to Reno
to In and Out Burger
to home

Thanks All!

IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0568.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0808.JPG

Last edited:

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures..Jake is doing an awesome interior rebuild and may give you some ideas...here is the linkhttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/i-am-jakes-jade-interior-rebuild-94-yj.11216/
That is basically what I was thinking! It's pretty funny because I thought of that idea a few months back but never got around to it and now he is doing the exact same thing. Looking forward to seeing how his turns out.

Reactions: Chadlyb and skully

skully

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JNM
Welcome to OB!
You might consider following Jake Wettern on YouTube if you aren't already. He's got quite a bit of experience living in his two door Jeep Wrangler. Look for @iamjake on YouTube and Instagram. Have fun and be safe.

2011 JKU named "Klack", Smittybilt XRC front and back,9500 lb synthetic, Overlander RTT, KMS Congo Pro, sagging 2" budget boost, 33" KO2s, CB and HAM

Reactions: Chadlyb

Kage

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello All!

I came across the forum while looking around for off-road navigation ideas, and since this forum seems to be pretty active, I am hoping that I can find some good information in here :) My family often strays off the beaten path for our adventures, but they are more along the 'civilized' side of overlanding. That is, we tend to hotel camp at night and wander out to the woods during the day. So not exactly true overlanding, but I am hoping to start changing that in the future.

I'll post a proper into once I have my three posts in.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! It'll come later!
2) Location (General area is fine) Greater St. Louis Area (on the IL side)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) What's left of a '99 Mountaineer
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) More towards the Novice side of things, but we manage.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All -

My name is Shane. I am new to Overlanding and want to get out on some good adventures. My wife and I currently do a lot of Geocaching and we want to add Overlanding to the mix and set some 5/5's out on the trails.

I recently traded in my 2016 T4R SR5 mall crawler for a 2018 TRD Off Road Premium with KDSS. I am still learning the capabilities of my vehicle and have a long ways to go. I have not added any mods as of yet other than wheels and tires.

I currently live in Salem, Oregon and we have a lot of different places to trail including the Mt. Hood National Forest and the Tillamook National Forest. A favorite area in the state of lots of people are the Oregon Dunes in Florence, Oregon - aka, Sand Lake.

I am new to Overlanding but ready for some adventures. Were planning our first for late spring which will be about 3-4k miles over 2 weeks.

Salem, OR
to Glacier National Park
to Yellowstone
to Salt Lake City
to Arches national Park
to Canyonlands Nation Park
to Moab
to Bryce Canyon National Park
to Rachel, NV (Area 51)
to Tonopah, NV
to Reno
to In and Out Burger
to home

Thanks All!

View attachment 41058 View attachment 41059 View attachment 41060 View attachment 41061 View attachment 41062

Hello Shane and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toys and look forward to seeing your adventures..if you ever head east neighbor just reach out

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All!

I came across the forum while looking around for off-road navigation ideas, and since this forum seems to be pretty active, I am hoping that I can find some good information in here :) My family often strays off the beaten path for our adventures, but they are more along the 'civilized' side of overlanding. That is, we tend to hotel camp at night and wander out to the woods during the day. So not exactly true overlanding, but I am hoping to start changing that in the future.

I'll post a proper into once I have my three posts in.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! It'll come later!
2) Location (General area is fine) Greater St. Louis Area (on the IL side)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) What's left of a '99 Mountaineer
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) More towards the Novice side of things, but we manage.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Deacon Bob

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maryland
Member #

Good afternoon from the Eastern Shore of Maryland !
Rig- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Years of backpacking experience but newbie to overlanding IMG_20171028_072629.jpg

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.