Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys, we're Matthew and Kelly, and joined hoping for more excuses to spend time outside after just finishing a week long overland trip through Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Our rig is a 2001 XJ I (Matthew) originally was setting up as a prerunner, and now feels like the world's fastest camper! We're Michigan natives who are currently working in Chicago and playing in Michigan as much as possible. While I grew up offroading, this is my first passenger vehicle I've chosen to destroy, and am rather inexperienced in ORV trails, but very familiar with ATV, mountain biking, and dirt bikes so I might be more ready than the vehicle!
Hi Matthew and Kelly - welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: WellFuch

john_only

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys, I'm Johnny. I live in Orange County, Ca. I drive a 2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I havnt done much to my truck yet, but give me a few months...

Currently I have bfg all terrain tires on trd 16" wheels

In the works:
ARB bumper
Bilstein 6112/5160 2" lift + heavy duty springs
Camburg UCA
Warn winch 10,000 lb

IN DESPERATE SEARCH OF A WHITE LEER 122 SHELL TO FIT 6" TACOMA BED

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys, I'm Johnny. I live in Orange County, Ca. I drive a 2006 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I havnt done much to my truck yet, but give me a few months...

Currently I have bfg all terrain tires on trd 16" wheels

In the works:
ARB bumper
Bilstein 6112/5160 2" lift + heavy duty springs
Camburg UCA
Warn winch 10,000 lb

IN DESPERATE SEARCH OF A WHITE LEER 122 SHELL TO FIT 6" TACOMA BED
Hi Johnny and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: BackroadPurpose

Brendan Blanchard

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

South Florida
Member #

Current Vehicle: 1979 Chevy Blazer (with lots of upgrades)
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding? I've always enjoyed being outdoors and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I used to be a mechanic, so modifying vehicles is another one of my passions. My kids will be starting their own lives soon meaning I am going to have more time (and hopefully money) available for traveling. Overlanding seems like is a great way to combine all these passions.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Why Overlanding? I've always enjoyed being outdoors and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I used to be a mechanic, so modifying vehicles is another one of my passions. My kids will be starting their own lives soon meaning I am going to have more time (and hopefully money) available for traveling. Overlanding seems like is a great way to combine all these passions.
Hi Brendan and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jay in NY

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello I am Jay, a new member still trying to figure out how to navigate the site

Pedro Hernandez

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whittier, CA, USA
First Name
Pedro
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Hello, new member here... New to overlanding.. Looking forward to seeing you all... My rig is new and stock, but will be doing tires and suspension soon... Any recommendations are welcome.. I live in Victorville ca..

Thanks
Bighern

Jay in NY

Rank 0

Traveler I

Sorry, continuing from the above post:
Part retired, live in upstate NY, do not own a off road vehicle yet.
More of rugged soft roaming and less of true off roaming to start.
Curious if there are any off road driving schools/ training centers with some instructions on their vehicles.
Excited with prospects of a non conventional vacation ,
Jay

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys, we're Matthew and Kelly, and joined hoping for more excuses to spend time outside after just finishing a week long overland trip through Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Our rig is a 2001 XJ I (Matthew) originally was setting up as a prerunner, and now feels like the world's fastest camper! We're Michigan natives who are currently working in Chicago and playing in Michigan as much as possible. While I grew up offroading, this is my first passenger vehicle I've chosen to destroy, and am rather inexperienced in ORV trails, but very familiar with ATV, mountain biking, and dirt bikes so I might be more ready than the vehicle!
Hello Mathew and Kelly..welcome to the OB crew..nice rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
jk72450.png Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I am from Arkansas. My overland rig is a 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. I have owned it for almost 20 yrs. I also have a FJ80 but it is to nice to scratch up (for now). The trails in Arkansas tend to be rather narrow with lots of scratch possibilities. We are planning on taking it to Colorado next summer for some serious mountain trails.

The reason I joined OB is to network with people who want to explore the Ozark Mountain trails in Arkansas. I have always gone alone but I think another rig or a group would be more fun. I have seen the OB videos on youtube a really enjoy them.

I just joined the OB and can't wait for it to come in so I can put it on my cruiser. If anyone is in or around Arkansas hit me up. I know of a couple places that require more exploring.

Thanks. JK

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Brendan and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, new member here... New to overlanding.. Looking forward to seeing you all... My rig is new and stock, but will be doing tires and suspension soon... Any recommendations are welcome.. I live in Victorville ca..

Thanks
Bighern
Hello Bighem and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38995 Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I am from Arkansas. My overland rig is a 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. I have owned it for almost 20 yrs. I also have a FJ80 but it is to nice to scratch up (for now). The trails in Arkansas tend to be rather narrow with lots of scratch possibilities. We are planning on taking it to Colorado next summer for some serious mountain trails.

The reason I joined OB is to network with people who want to explore the Ozark Mountain trails in Arkansas. I have always gone alone but I think another rig or a group would be more fun. I have seen the OB videos on youtube a really enjoy them.

I just joined the OB and can't wait for it to come in so I can put it on my cruiser. If anyone is in or around Arkansas hit me up. I know of a couple places that require more exploring.

Thanks. JK
Hello Jason and welcome to the OB crew..Good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 38995 Hi everyone. My name is Jason and I am from Arkansas. My overland rig is a 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. I have owned it for almost 20 yrs. I also have a FJ80 but it is to nice to scratch up (for now). The trails in Arkansas tend to be rather narrow with lots of scratch possibilities. We are planning on taking it to Colorado next summer for some serious mountain trails.

Thanks. JK
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ60! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Brandon Richter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, Texas
Member #

My Name is Brandon Richter
Can I work on a picture later? Looking to start the lb reduction at the new year.
I am from Austin Texas
I have a 2017 4Runner Pro - Stock but looking to gain lbs.
I have no Overlanding experience, but would like to make it my lifestyle.

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.