Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

1) View attachment 38855 View attachment 38856 View attachment 38857 View attachment 38858 View attachment 38859 View attachment 38860
2) Boring old north east Indiana
3) 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
4) New to off-road overlanding. Experience in off-roading, RVing, backpacking. Cannot get enough.

First real off road vehicle. Had a half ton PU that I did some off-roading in but was to big for most trails. Put almost 13k miles on my 4Runner since I got it in the spring.

Lots of things I want to do to it but this is a budget build. Gone through and did a lot of preventative maint when I first got it as it had 204k miles and I expect it to last till at least 300k.

So far it has gotten a suspension refresh and K02’s, I built some drawers and did a rear diff breather relocation. I hope to find some better suspension and a mild lift and spend more time off road and outdoors.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rigs...look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Josh. An I got a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 door. Named Hector. About 6 in lift and some after market goodies. Have been offroading before I had a driver's license. But as I get older and my kids are starting to get bigger I want them to enjoy the outdoors as much as I have. So as a family we are starting our journey into overlanding. Have a close group of friends that go as well. YouTube channel destination adventure overland. We are from the Greensburg PA area if anyone is around please feel free to look us up! We are looking forward to meeting new people and seeing new places! Thanks
Hello Josh and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Graham, and I currently live in the Houston area. When I was a teenager, I had a 2003 Jeep TJ that I conquered many trails and mud pits with, after college I decided I was a sports car guy and got a Z4.. then a G35.. then an M3. I recently realized that I really don't use a sports car to its full potential (didn't want to track my out of warranty daily driver), and I remembered how much fun I used to have with my Jeep. I started looking into Jeeps and watching youtube videos and finally came across a video of a Jeep vs. a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and instantly fell in love with it, within a few weeks I had one of my own :) a 2018 Colorado ZR2, Black, V6. It is very capable straight from the factory with a 2 inch lift, some decent all-terrain tires, front and rear lockers, and multimatic DSSV shocks which give it a great ride on and off road. I have already upgraded the headlights and installed a Retrax tonneau cover, future upgrades will be some Baja Designs lights/lightbar, and a more heavy duty front bumper and winch.

I am here to meet new people in the central and east texas area. I live in Houston, but I visit Austin regularly to see my mom and some friends. I'd like to find some trails that are close enough for day trips. I am also interested in social events (rigs and coffee meetup, etc.).

Hope to meet some of you soon!

-Graham

View attachment 38863 View attachment 38864 View attachment 38866
Hello Graham and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: GrahamJ

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Howdy All,
I recently paid off the 2012 Tundra DC so now it is time to start the build. Aside from from some custom wiring for radio/antennas, window shade/vents, and bucket floor mats it is still stock. I've been doing the plastic tote shuffle in an open bed for a couple of years now and it is getting old. I previously built/drove a Ranger for 22 years that was a very capable trail machine and DD but it was essentially a one-man rig due to size. The Tundra will be more over-landing specific with family in mind. I have a trailer I plan to begin modifying as well for adding to the long-range camping ability and to carry a 14' raft and oar frame while inflated.

Our trips are primarily to the western U.S. region, Canada, and Mexico with weekend get-aways in our home state of CO being frequent. Our activities are biking, hiking, hunting/target, rafting/SUPing, fishing, astronomy, and HAM radio, in addition to the travel and site seeing. I am still working through the needs/wants/nice-to-have lists but it is more about fitting effective and efficient systems than it is about a dream list. My goal is to have the truck self-sufficient for 3 people on trips and then have the trailer specifically for rafting adventures, hunting trips (ATV carrier), and situations that require a ton of extra cargo (yard waste etc.). I want to add a pretty robust kitchen and food prep station to the trailer in pull drawers near the front and incorporate water storage but otherwise it will be a simple off road capable hauler of toys.

Immediate plans:
1. Cap/Topper with rack, heavy duty to hold tent eventually. Likely an ARE Overland
2. Decked system or similar for storage in bed; possibly a Cargo Glide too
3. Suspension/tire upgrade
4. On-board air (for inflatables - tires, raft, SUPs, etc.)
5. Solar lighting/charging system

I've been an outdoors man all of my life but it has been primarily focused on backpacking mobility. Intentionally building a truck up to support the outdoors lifestyle beyond transportation will improve the family outings greatly.
Hello Plisken and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Plisken

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Igor and I am from Los Angeles CA.

My first introduction to off road was a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 2wd, and that got me interested and excited in off road traveling. I then bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited which I build for camping and overland travel, but after a few trips with it I realized that a bit more power is needed for highway driving, we all want to spend most time in a dirt, but realistically getting there has to happen first. I just got a 1999 Lexus LX470 which is going to be built with all the knowledge that I gained in the last few years and lessons learned.

My overlanding experience is more of novice, but I have done a few trips. The biggest thing I learned is not to cram too many plans, have some flexibility on a trip and just get out there!

Looking forward to learning from the good people of this group!

My Montero

New LX470 project

Welcome to OB Igor! You have a fine looking rig!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi there, name here is John

I don't currently have a "rig" but do lots of vehicle-based camping anyway with what I have. Hoping to change that at some point and will take advantage of the huge brain-share here to make suitable choices. Living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Looking forward to participating in this vibrant community!

John aka longshanks
Welcome John! It doesn't matter what you drive- just get out and explore!!

Reactions: longshanks

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Bart, located in the Netherlands Europe, we drive a Lada Niva and are in for shorter and longer trips. Depending on the location we either drive our own or rent a vehicle. Love to meet more Overlanders from this area.
Hello Bart and welcome to the OB crew. Good looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all.

New guy here from new Orleans Louisiana. My rig is a 2012 jeep jk. No real camping mods yet. Looking into building a trailer soon. .

OB#8574
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..Good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Batmango66

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana 930, New Haven, IN, USA
First Name
Tye
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

1) View attachment 38855 View attachment 38856 View attachment 38857 View attachment 38858 View attachment 38859
2) Boring old north east Indiana
3) 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
4) New to off-road overlanding. Experience in off-roading, RVing, backpacking. Cannot get enough.

First real off road vehicle. Had a half ton PU that I did some off-roading in but was to big for most trails. Put almost 13k miles on my 4Runner since I got it in the spring.

Lots of things I want to do to it but this is a budget build. Gone through and did a lot of preventative maint when I first got it as it had 204k miles and I expect it to last till at least 300k.

So far it has gotten a suspension refresh and K02’s, I built some drawers and did a rear diff breather relocation. I hope to find some better suspension and a mild lift and spend more time off road and outdoors.

Here is a cool rig I found on my travels...not sure what it is: View attachment 38860
Hey neighbor! Rig's lookin good! Hope to see you around town and on the trail!

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

Hey guys, we're Matthew and Kelly, and joined hoping for more excuses to spend time outside after just finishing a week long overland trip through Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Our rig is a 2001 XJ I (Matthew) originally was setting up as a prerunner, and now feels like the world's fastest camper! We're Michigan natives who are currently working in Chicago and playing in Michigan as much as possible. While I grew up offroading, this is my first passenger vehicle I've chosen to destroy, and am rather inexperienced in ORV trails, but very familiar with ATV, mountain biking, and dirt bikes so I might be more ready than the vehicle!

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Howdy All,
I recently paid off the 2012 Tundra DC so now it is time to start the build. Aside from from some custom wiring for radio/antennas, window shade/vents, and bucket floor mats it is still stock. I've been doing the plastic tote shuffle in an open bed for a couple of years now and it is getting old. I previously built/drove a Ranger for 22 years that was a very capable trail machine and DD but it was essentially a one-man rig due to size. The Tundra will be more over-landing specific with family in mind. I have a trailer I plan to begin modifying as well for adding to the long-range camping ability and to carry a 14' raft and oar frame while inflated.

Our trips are primarily to the western U.S. region, Canada, and Mexico with weekend get-aways in our home state of CO being frequent. Our activities are biking, hiking, hunting/target, rafting/SUPing, fishing, astronomy, and HAM radio, in addition to the travel and site seeing. I am still working through the needs/wants/nice-to-have lists but it is more about fitting effective and efficient systems than it is about a dream list. My goal is to have the truck self-sufficient for 3 people on trips and then have the trailer specifically for rafting adventures, hunting trips (ATV carrier), and situations that require a ton of extra cargo (yard waste etc.). I want to add a pretty robust kitchen and food prep station to the trailer in pull drawers near the front and incorporate water storage but otherwise it will be a simple off road capable hauler of toys.

Immediate plans:
1. Cap/Topper with rack, heavy duty to hold tent eventually. Likely an ARE Overland
2. Decked system or similar for storage in bed; possibly a Cargo Glide too
3. Suspension/tire upgrade
4. On-board air (for inflatables - tires, raft, SUPs, etc.)
5. Solar lighting/charging system

I've been an outdoors man all of my life but it has been primarily focused on backpacking mobility. Intentionally building a truck up to support the outdoors lifestyle beyond transportation will improve the family outings greatly.
Hi Plisken and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!