Chico, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY-19D
Hello FJScout from Southern California and welcome to OB! Thank you for your service. Yet another nice looking FJ...there seem to be a couple popping up today as new members. Catch ya out on the trails someday!
Thank you, Great to be here! If you find yourself up north look us up! Were always staged and ready for an adventure through the mountains!

Reactions: NightCrawler

SHUTTERSPEED

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...so my question to you is ,is there a table in the back of your rig? and when do I get it?haha...i learned on here that there is one and can't wait to add it to my gear as conversation piece...even have a official Honda parts sticker to put on it..look forward to seeing your build and adventures :astonished::sunglasses:
Yes there is an actual table in the back. They go for pretty cheap online, usually no more than $50.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings All! Northern Comi-fornia born and raised. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some functional upgrades (Lift / Tire / Wheel, Scuba Mods, On-board Air, Dual Battery, Comms upgrades, etc.); however, continue to research and build this vehicle for long term adventures. I explored the southwestern Colorado territory while in the stationed at Fort Carson. The fiance and I now travel thousands of miles on and off-road exploring the best the west coast offers, and always seek new adventures. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to the long extended travel adventures, but have a pretty solid off-road base that I want to build upon. I hope to gain that knowledge from all of you. I learned a few things as a Cavalry Scout in the US Army with a couple of extended Adventure Travels to Afghanistan. Thank you to the OB Crew for establishing this community, I look forward to discovering knowledge nuggets from all of you.

View attachment 38105
View attachment 38106
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38109 Hello Everyone! I’m Will aka. Sacairwilco. I’ve been a longtime fan of The Overland Bound YouTube channel and a novice Overlander myself. I can’t wait to to learn more and find new places to explore!

Rigs: 2007 Nissan Frontier CrewCab
2001 Chevy Suburban 1500
(And on the hunt for a project Jeep JKU)
Hello my NW neighbor and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey there! Just joined and wanted to say hi and hopefully go on some new adventures! I'm fairly new in the off road world, so upgrades are in the works. Here's my brand new 2017 Tacoma with window tint and KMC wheels and BFG a/t ko2 tires
Cheers!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy

Mfreeman14

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Habra Ca
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Zachary Cates

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alabama
My name is Zach. I am from North Alabama and my girlfriend and I are currently working on a build. The build is an 05 5 speed manual subaru outback. I have hopes to get on one of these trips in the coming year! So far we have a roof rack on the way, a two inch lift in the cart, and a cb radio ready to be installed.

Attachments

Reactions: SLO Rob and Chadlyb

Mfreeman14

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Habra Ca
Member #

My name is Mike, I am new to overlanding, i am in Southern California I have been involved in the Boy Scouts off and on for the last 20 years. I just purchased a new 2017 Tacoma 4x4 TRD off road last Wednesday so perfect transition to overlanding just starting to add to my rig, am building a trailer, looking forward to my first trip

FLnative

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 2008 4runner SR5 4wd

Previous Vehicle: 2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport

Overland Experience: Novice

Why Overlanding?: I have always enjoyed being outdoors and exploring new places. Mountain biking and camping are two of my favorite activities. I’d like to be able to do more exploring with my family which is the main reason I traded in my 2wd access cab Tacoma for the 4Runner. I’m really looking forward to meeting some like minded folk and finding some trails to explore although it seems like FL has more mud to offer than trails.

Here’s a shot of my old Tacoma.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Zach. I am from North Alabama and my girlfriend and I are currently working on a build. The build is an 05 5 speed manual subaru outback. I have hopes to get on one of these trips in the coming year! So far we have a roof rack on the way, a two inch lift in the cart, and a cb radio ready to be installed.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice Subaru

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Mike, I am new to overlanding, i am in Southern California I have been involved in the Boy Scouts off and on for the last 20 years. I just purchased a new 2017 Tacoma 4x4 TRD off road last Wednesday so perfect transition to overlanding just starting to add to my rig, am building a trailer, looking forward to my first trip
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew...glad you're bringing another Toy into the group

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2008 4runner SR5 4wd

Previous Vehicle: 2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport

Overland Experience: Novice

Why Overlanding?: I have always enjoyed being outdoors and exploring new places. Mountain biking and camping are two of my favorite activities. I’d like to be able to do more exploring with my family which is the main reason I traded in my 2wd access cab Tacoma for the 4Runner. I’m really looking forward to meeting some like minded folk and finding some trails to explore although it seems like FL has more mud to offer than trails.

Here’s a shot of my old Tacoma.

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking Toys and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Sarge

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Virginia
Member #

IMG_0654.JPG Hi all,
Matt and Alex here. Not new to camping or off-roading but pretty much FNGs to the overlanding world. We are located in Virginia and are usually rollin around in the Chupacabra (modified 95 Subaru Impreza) or the Radio Flyer (95 Subaru Legacy wagon-red). We're excited to be a part of the community and hopefully do some meet-ups and trips.

galahad

Rank 0

Traveler I

View attachment 38153 Hi all,
Matt and Alex here. Not new to camping or off-roading but pretty much FNGs to the overlanding world. We are located in Virginia and are usually rollin around in the Chupacabra (modified 95 Subaru Impreza) or the Radio Flyer (95 Subaru Legacy wagon-red). We're excited to be a part of the community and hopefully do some meet-ups and trips.
Hello

Nice license plate :)

Reactions: Sarge

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 38153 Hi all,
Hello Matt and Alex. Welcome to the OB crew. Nice rigs and look forward to seeing your build and adventures