Steven
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm Steve, I have an:
06 Liberty renegade
image.jpeg
It has about a 2.5" compression lift, ( which will be upgraded ) and not much else... Yet.
I have some experience 4wheeling among many other outdoor passions, but new to Overlanding.
My Wife, kids and I are looking forward to meeting like-minded people and new adventures.
I am located in Hesperia, Ca.

Feel free to contact me...

JillBell

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Harrisburg PA
Member #

Hello! My name is Jill, married to another member Matt Bell and reside in Harrisburg, PA. We have three jeeps between us: 2000 XJ (our newly dedicated overlander), 2006 LJ half cab and a 2010 JK8 (my daily). We are not novice overlanders but we are also not considered "experts" - we tend to do a lot of traveling through the backroads of PA and up into Canada and her maritimes then down the east coast. We have an offroad trailer that we will trail behind sometimes - to various overland expos or just to camp locally. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all!
Me: Josh - San Antonio area
Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: It's been several years since I'd had a vehicle worthy of off-roading. Looking forward to building this one and being able to get this one dirty.

Hi everyone,
I'm Steve, I have an:
06 Liberty renegade
View attachment 37497
It has about a 2.5" compression lift, ( which will be upgraded ) and not much else... Yet.
I have some experience 4wheeling among many other outdoor passions, but new to Overlanding.
My Wife, kids and I are looking forward to meeting like-minded people and new adventures.

Hello! My name is Jill, married to another member Matt Bell and reside in Harrisburg, PA. We have three jeeps between us: 2000 XJ (our newly dedicated overlander), 2006 LJ half cab and a 2010 JK8 (my daily). We are not novice overlanders but we are also not considered "experts" - we tend to do a lot of traveling through the backroads of PA and up into Canada and her maritimes then down the east coast. We have an offroad trailer that we will trail behind sometimes - to various overland expos or just to camp locally. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rigs and look forward to seeing your adventures

Crazjtk

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ravenna, Michigan
Member #

#7730!
Rig: W.I.P. 1982 Toyota BJ42. Right hand drive, Previous owner imported it from New Zealand. P.O. added a snorkel and roll cage, but it was RUSTY. I've taken it down to bare frame, gotten it sand blasted, POR15'd, now I've got the drivetrain reassembled with new suspension and wheels, and had just gotten started on the body work when summer showed up and stole all my attention.
Experience: total novice.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

#7730!
Rig: W.I.P. 1982 Toyota BJ42. Right hand drive, Previous owner imported it from New Zealand. P.O. added a snorkel and roll cage, but it was RUSTY. I've taken it down to bare frame, gotten it sand blasted, POR15'd, now I've got the drivetrain reassembled with new suspension and wheels, and had just gotten started on the body work when summer showed up and stole all my attention.
Experience: total novice.
2007 4Runner. Bilstein/Toytec lift, AT KO2's, Magnaflow, K&N, light bar, HID's, etc... exploring the Flint Hills in Kansas. Glad to join.View attachment 37510
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...

Joerg

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,

my name is Joerg and I'm from Germany. I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubcon (JK) and already started to build it up a little (bumper, tires, winch, rock rails). It's so much fun driving it that I was thinking what to do with it as "Offroading" is very much limited here in Germany. When searching for some offroad driving training I realized that there a also guided tours in the Alps, Romania, etc. available. I read through some travel reports, had a look at a lot of amazing picture of "pure" nature without mass tourism and think "overlanding" is what I want.

Currently I'm thinking about how to start ... a complete overlanding gear is quite expensive so I assume I have to build it up step by step ... but which steps are to take first, what gear to choose. I hope for lots of information on this forum.

I just can't keep the think clean, I HAVE to take very mudhole on my way;-) ... Here's a picture of it, with not too much dirt on it:

20170921_180152.jpg

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hello,

my name is Joerg and I'm from Germany. I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubcon (JK) and already started to build it up a little (bumper, tires, winch, rock rails). It's so much fun driving it that I was thinking what to do with it as "Offroading" is very much limited here in Germany. When searching for some offroad driving training I realized that there a also guided tours in the Alps, Romania, etc. available. I read through some travel reports, had a look at a lot of amazing picture of "pure" nature without mass tourism and think "overlanding" is what I want.

Currently I'm thinking about how to start ... a complete overlanding gear is quite expensive so I assume I have to build it up step by step ... but which steps are to take first, what gear to choose. I hope for lots of information on this forum.

I just can't keep the think clean, I HAVE to take very mudhole on my way;-) ... Here's a picture of it, with not too much dirt on it:

View attachment 37515
Guten Morgen!

Welcome to the community :grinning:

You certainly came to the right place - there is a wealth of knowledge from not only over the pond but also this side in Europe too!

Everyone has to start somewhere and this is the first step in that journey :grinning:
There are quite a few forums on here which will hopefully give you some idea on what you want to achieve on your travels with Kit and cool ideas for inside your vehicle

All the best

Reactions: NightCrawler

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello,

View attachment 37515
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete,

Experience: none in the off road department, I can get around pretty well in the snow in a car with about 3-4" clearance, but I do have a decent amount of camping (backpacking and car camping).

Currently I am wanting to learn more about all things related to Overlanding while I save for a proper off road vehicle; my current vehicle, a Civic, doesn't do well on anything rougher than a dry dirt road or a gravel drive. Basically I am here to learn as much as I can while I save up for something that will allow me to play off road.

Also psyched to see that there is a section on Commo with HAM related information as this is another interest I am getting into
Hi Pete and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Sierrahotel83

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Scott

Rig: 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab TRD offroad
Experience: I have been driving in the dirt since I was 12 and now, finally, I am ready to start to build a rig for extended travel.
Hi Scott and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Scott VanCleave

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,
I'm Steve, I have an:
06 Liberty renegade
View attachment 37497

Hi Steve and welcome to OB! Nice looking Liberty! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Srod

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Jill and welcome to OB! Nice rigs!! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!