Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member from Los Angeles, CA, the name is John.

I don't currently have a rig but I'm hoping to purchase a new Tacoma within the next year or so.
I've been on a number of on/off-road trips around the country with a buddy of mine while Camping and Highpointing, and have developed a serious itch to get into real Overlanding.
I was going to wait until I actually own a truck before I started joining forums and such, but I decided I'd rather start networking and getting into the community now. I make a great co-pilot :)

Just for grins, here's my "Intro" info:
1) Picture! (Dress for the job you want, not the one you have...)

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA

3) Rig (Desired): 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT

4) Overlanding Experience: Definitely a novice, but eager to learn.

Looking forward to future adventures!
Welcome John! Nice looking rig!

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Roger and Rebecca
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

Roger and Rebecca from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Moved here recently from San Antonio, Texas and so glad we did! There is so much to explore in this part of the US, we are rarely at home on summer and fall weekends. We currently camp out of a 2001 4Runner and enjoy following back roads to remote campsites. We are currently working on two 1st gen runners for future fun. So excited to get to know and learn from this community!

Reactions: Northernlady

Mark Bouliane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hi my name is Mark, on behalf of my wife Nicole and I, we wish to thank Michael and Corie for creating this wonderful website. As new members we look forward to meeting new, like minded Overlander’s.

Nicole and I have been overlanding for 4 years now and have traveled mostly in Alberta Canada our home, Montana, Utah and Arizona. We are also avid supporters of Tread Lightly and always leave the trail better off than we found it. Gizmo our 2013 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon is in his 4th stage of development and has been a perfect choice for our Overland Rig.

This picture is of Nicole and Gizmo in Sedona. Gizmo was in his 3rd sage of development, many many changes since then.

Again Michel & Corie thanks for creating and sharing this wonderful tool….Mark

Curent Desktop Picture.jpg

Last edited:

Just_Logans_Dad

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boyertown, PA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Mossner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
this where is say hey to all of you... as i said in my "profile" i'm a total newbie and just to overlanding. aside from an 84 ramcharger i owned years ago when i was still in the corp, my truck is the 1st 4x4 i've owned that w/ the intent to go offroad...

so i'm here to ask questions, pick brains & learn...

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Roger and Rebecca from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Moved here recently from San Antonio, Texas and so glad we did! There is so much to explore in this part of the US, we are rarely at home on summer and fall weekends. We currently camp out of a 2001 4Runner and enjoy following back roads to remote campsites. We are currently working on two 1st gen runners for future fun. So excited to get to know and learn from this community!
Welcome Roger and Rebecca! Great rig and don't forget to post pics of your adventures!!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

this where is say hey to all of you... as i said in my "profile" i'm a total newbie and just to overlanding. aside from an 84 ramcharger i owned years ago when i was still in the corp, my truck is the 1st 4x4 i've owned that w/ the intent to go offroad...

so i'm here to ask questions, pick brains & learn...
Welcome Hans! You have definitely come to the right place to learn! I am pretty new to overloading as well and am learning tons! There are great people here so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi my name is Mark, on behalf of my wife Nicole and I, we wish to thank Michael and Corie for creating this wonderful website. As new members we look forward to meeting new, like minded Overlander’s.

Nicole and I have been overlanding for 4 years now and have traveled mostly in Alberta Canada our home, Montana, Utah and Arizona. We are also avid supporters of Tread Lightly and always leave the trail better off than we found it. Gizmo our 2013 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon is in his 4th stage of development and has been a perfect choice for our Overland Rig.

This picture is of Nicole and Gizmo in Sedona. Gizmo was in his 3rd sage of development, many many changes since then.

Again Michel & Corie thanks for creating and sharing this wonderful tool….Mark

View attachment 34082
Welcome Mark and Nicole! I love the name Gizmo. Please share some of your favourite places and trails. I am in BC and am looking for some great places to go!

CaptAdv

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ride: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk "Artie McFartie" is his name (we're silly)
Experience: We're new to land adventuring but being experience ocean-going sailors we've got all the systems, medical and survival stuff down pretty good. Still have a long way to kitting out the Renegade, looking to add a roof-top-tent to make it easier to get out of the town on the weekends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rover7284

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Ride: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk "Artie McFartie" is his name (we're silly)
Experience: We're new to land adventuring but being experience ocean-going sailors we've got all the systems, medical and survival stuff down pretty good. Still have a long way to kitting out the Renegade, looking to add a roof-top-tent to make it easier to get out of the town on the weekends.
That is the best rig name I've hear yet! I haven't come up with one yet, but you've inspired me now.

UncleJoeSD

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Hello Everyone from San Diego
Ride 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
I've always had an off-road Vehicle. When I was in the Military I was a Tank Mechanic and loved making new Roads with my M88. My new Ride isn't nearly as capable but its definitely a lot of fun. So far I've lifted my truck with a Daystar Suspension Lift, Ditched the 20inch stock rims for some SR5 ones and wrapped them in BFG KM2, I've put on a Front Runner slimline 2 rack with the High lift Mount, 2.5Meter Awning, and a Tepui Autana XL. Next few mods will be lighting, gobi ladder, and Comm gear! Looking forward to rolling out with a few of you!
My Friends all call me Uncle Joe

Attachments

Hags

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Troy, MT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hagerty
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7ZKB
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member currently in Everett WA.

At this point I DD/Overland in a 2004 Toyota Tacoma DC, and a home built Teardrop trailer.
The Tacoma is in the process of getting some upgrades, thanks to an incident where I got rear ended in traffic. It is going to end up with a flat bed, with some storage underneath. In that storage there will be a 12 gallon water tank, with an RV demand pump, an air compressor, and an auxiliary battery. The rest of the space will hold my Hi-lift, shovel, axe, and a planned set of Maxtrax.
The front is getting an ARB, and a Warn M8000. The Interior front is getting a pair of Corbeau Sport seats.

The trailer started as a Harbor Freight frame, and has had the current form of the trailer on it for the last 7 plus years, and recently, this spring, I put a 3500lb axel underneath it, with a lug pattern to match the Tacoma.

I know you are going to want more pics of the teardrop, and well, I don’t really have many, I will try to get some when the Tacoma is back together, and add a few of the Tacoma after finishing,this stage, as well.

Sent from the device I am using, from the spot I am at.

Reactions: DanR

Cmel06

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Melgarejo
Member #

Hello everyone,

Cesar here.
Current Vehicle: 2011 4Runner Trail
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Outdoor type of person and enjoy camping and exploring new places. After the Army I moved back home to the great Nevada dessert. Now that I have free weekends I try to get out and explore.

Attachments

Reactions: DanR