• HTML tutorial

MEFOBIA-JEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson AZ
Member #

Hello,
Kevin here. New to the forum from Tucson AZ. Love to explore and truck camp with the dog when I get a chance. Enjoy Box Canyon and the Mogollon Rim lake area, as well as Sedona and southern AZ.

Michael Mayfarth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lakebay, WA
Member #

Hi all!
Our family is loving exploring with our 4Runner. So far we have been all over Washington and recently took a 4100 mile trip (with a travel trailer) around the southwest. This trip included a stop in Moab for some offroading. This has solidified my family's desire to get out more and use our 4Runner as the backbone of doing so.

The 4Runner has come a long way in the 5 years we have owned it and it is dual purpose for me.

The other thing I do is Rally Sweep. Basically I am part of the course closing and medical support for the event. When a car goes off stage or has a breakdown, our team is there to get them back to service and attend to the driver and co-driver. I really enjoy being outdoors and helping others.

Previously I was in Search and Rescue 4x4 for King County.

Regards,

Mike.

Spam2021

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, my name is Jose and I just joined. I'm still new to overlanding as I recently purchased a 99 Land Rover Disco 2. Its currently stock and have taken it into the dirt/rocks a couple times and really like it. Im located in San Diego CA, and looking to start meeting people local to me to go explore the mountains and deserts around here.

Attachments

LeadfootRacing

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Des Moines, Iowa
Member #

1) Location: Des Moines, IA
2)Rig: Building a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ, long arms and stuff....
3)Experience: Novice when it comes to overlanding, but no stranger to the dirt.

Bulldog22

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
Member #

Joined today. Looking forward to getting back out there. We had a 2010 Rubicon. Sold it a while back and regretted it. We recently bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon. Need to wear out the tires quickly so I can justify my build plans to my wife. By no means am I an expert, but I do alright. I have been off road most of my adult life of and on. Everything from ATVs to Tanks. Commanded a tank in the Army and did a lot of off roading with that. (mostly in deserts)

Salt City Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City, UT
Member #

Hey everyone! OB#7464 here.

My name is David @salt_city_overland and I am located in Salt Lake City, UT.

I have a 2017 DCLB TRD Off-Road 4x4
VTX Wheels
Freespirit Roof Tent
RCI Bed Rack

My wife and I have been overlanding for a little more than a year now, and are only looking for more. Glad to be a part of this community!

Cheers!

Attachments

WIGGLE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Carmel, IN
Member #

Hello everyone! Just joined today. I'm in Carmel, IN, pretty new to the whole overlanding idea but can't get it out of my mind. Getting ready to start building my 2006 Jeep Commander up. It's been my daily driver for years and is now my project car. Looking forward to going on some adventures and meeting some new people with the same drive and passion for just getting out there.

peterver63

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mount Vernon, WA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Verschoor
Member #

Hey guys, Peter here from Mount Vernon, WA. I recently got me a 2003 LX470, pretty much stock but with decent tires. I will be building it soon with upgraded suspension, front - and rear bumper, sliders, roof rack etc., the whole 10 yards. It will keep me busy for a while. Hope to see you soon on the trail!

Scarlet O Mikey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lincoln, Ca
Member #

Joined today. Looking forward to getting back out there. We had a 2010 Rubicon. Sold it a while back and regretted it. We recently bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon. Need to wear out the tires quickly so I can justify my build plans to my wife. By no means am I an expert, but I do alright. I have been off road most of my adult life of and on. Everything from ATVs to Tanks. Commanded a tank in the Army and did a lot of off roading with that. (mostly in deserts)
Welcome Bulldog22, enjoy the new Jeep. Be safe out there.

FannyJiggla

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello there...I'm Luis, but I go by Galgo on the trails.

1. El Paso, Texas
2. 2005 Toyota FJ.
3. Experience? I've been around the block....but there's always something to learn from my fellow overlanders.

Anybody in the El Paso area or vicinity, let me know, we'll head out somewhere.

Peace!

View attachment 33936
Howdy Galgo! Born and raised in New Mexico with family in Alamogordo. I bought my 2007 FJ in San Antonio, TX in April of 2006. Living in the UK now with 126,000 miles on the FJ.

Gruz7

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Member #

Hi Gruz7.
Great looking rig. I own the Expedition myself and I am at the beginning of my adventure in overlanding. I am currently searching parts suppliers for the Expedition. Not easy to find. Could you please share where you got your parts from?
Thanks!
Lukas
Sorry I've only just seen this, what is it that you're looking for? I've got a 3.5" spacer style lift kit and 35s and then just a bunch of random add ons all over the place.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hi, I'm Rob and I live in Alberta Canada. My rig is a 2008 Toyota Tacoma that I use for family overlanding adventures. I'd like to say I'm experienced at overlanding but I'm always learning and trying new ideas. I find ideas in overlanding help with being a Scout leader and vise versa.

I've been following @overlandbound on IG for a while and figured it was about time to join.

I've attached a pic of my rig before heading out, it's definitely on the glamping side of things but it keeps my other half sane and gets the kids outdoors and offline.
Hi Rob! Welcome neighbour! I am in BC! Great looking rig!

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hello all,
New member hailing from Auburn, California.
I just found this site and immediately fell in love. I guess it was love at first site. (Terrible pun)

My rig is new to me, so I am still feeling it out.
It is a 2017 Toyota Tundra very stock, and will most likely remain that way for a little while.

I am happy to have found this place, so let the adventure begin.

Regards,
Mengil
Welcome Mengil! Yes this is an awesome site and it was love at first site for me too!! It is a good plan to get out and get to know your rig and slowly decide what needs to be changed. It is too easy to fall down the rabbit hole and buy a bunch of stuff you don't need or use!

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Hello everyone! Just joined today. I'm in Carmel, IN, pretty new to the whole overlanding idea but can't get it out of my mind. Getting ready to start building my 2006 Jeep Commander up. It's been my daily driver for years and is now my project car. Looking forward to going on some adventures and meeting some new people with the same drive and passion for just getting out there.
Welcome Wiggle. Hope to see your rig around town.
Beee

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

New member from Sacramento, Ca

My rig is not nearly complete but it is 2016 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock named Lola Jean. I have limited myself to day trips so far and haven't gone for any extensive trips and camping with this rig. Prior overlanding was in my 36 foot class A motor home.

As to where I prefer to go my license plate says it "LOVMTNS"
Welcome Chuck! Sweet ride and love the name!