Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

GaelYankee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member from Los Angeles, CA, the name is John.

I don't currently have a rig but I'm hoping to purchase a new Tacoma within the next year or so.
I've been on a number of on/off-road trips around the country with a buddy of mine while Camping and Highpointing, and have developed a serious itch to get into real Overlanding.
I was going to wait until I actually own a truck before I started joining forums and such, but I decided I'd rather start networking and getting into the community now. I make a great co-pilot :)

Just for grins, here's my "Intro" info:
1) Picture! (Dress for the job you want, not the one you have...)

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA

3) Rig (Desired): 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT

4) Overlanding Experience: Definitely a novice, but eager to learn.

Looking forward to future adventures!

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine): Lived in Oregon most of my life. Had a stint in CA and Hawaii but always returned to the Willamette Valley.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

- I have two rigs. One is in progress and is a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Plus and up to this time has been used as a work truck but now that my son is older we want to build it into an Overland Adventure vehicle. The only issue is that we have two dogs and a wife/mom that wants to join so we may be upgrading to something a bit more suited for that: Can I say Land Cruiser or LX450

- Our other rig is a not so normal rig for this thread but it does get is out and about. We have a 2014 Mini Countryman JCW. This past summer we did a 4000 mile Northwest Excursion in it. Most of it above 8000 ft and explored many back roads in the Cascades, Oregon High Desert, Idaho Sawtooth's, Yellowstone, Wyoming Bighorns and Washington's desert.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Probably somewhere between a Novice to Intermediate. I have spent some time off road but not a lot. We do a lot of car camping and backwoods backpacking but the vehicle build out part is new. We are very excited to learn more, meet people with similar interests and maybe even attend some events.

Reactions: DanR

grey_skies_tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Cajon, CA
Member #

Hi everyone,
My name's Chris and I just signed up today. I'm new to the whole overlanding scene, but I'm looking forward to becoming more submersed in it. I only have one photo of my rig, which I'm slowly trying to mod (so far, just tires and a new grill haha). I have a Leitner rack coming in, with an RTT in the garage waiting. Can't wait to put them on and get started on the first trip! Anyway...

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4FullSizeRender.jpg

Overland Eperience: Novice

I look forward to gaining more information and experience from this group...and hopefully, make a few friends in the process.

Cheers!
Chris

Bashmaster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello,

I am located in Corona Ca. I have a 2010 Tacoma 2wheel drive that i've been attempting to use with some success, however, I decided i better have
4wd so I picked up a 4Runner that i think I'll be happy with. I am definitely a novice hoping to move on up.

I tried to post a few pictures but i guess i aint tech savvy. It took twenty minutes just to get the avatar up a couple of weeks ago and i don't know how i managed that

Cold_Burn

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lol sorry you had so much trouble. I am fairly new to this site. I live in Temecula and am always looking for someone to chat with. How are you liking your 4runner.

Bashmaster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Lol sorry you had so much trouble. I am fairly new to this site. I live in Temecula and am always looking for someone to chat with. How are you liking your 4runner.
I'm on the fence with the 4Runner, I've always owned pick up trucks. I certainly do like having 4wd its made things easier. Its 100 % stock at the moment, so as time goes on and i make some changes I'm sure hope I like it.

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member from Los Angeles, CA, the name is John.

I don't currently have a rig but I'm hoping to purchase a new Tacoma within the next year or so.
I've been on a number of on/off-road trips around the country with a buddy of mine while Camping and Highpointing, and have developed a serious itch to get into real Overlanding.
I was going to wait until I actually own a truck before I started joining forums and such, but I decided I'd rather start networking and getting into the community now. I make a great co-pilot :)

Just for grins, here's my "Intro" info:
1) Picture! (Dress for the job you want, not the one you have...)

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA

3) Rig (Desired): 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT

4) Overlanding Experience: Definitely a novice, but eager to learn.

Looking forward to future adventures!
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! A Tacoma will be a great rig! Glad you joined; you will be able to learn and grow well through this group!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine): Lived in Oregon most of my life. Had a stint in CA and Hawaii but always returned to the Willamette Valley.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

- I have two rigs. One is in progress and is a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Plus and up to this time has been used as a work truck but now that my son is older we want to build it into an Overland Adventure vehicle. The only issue is that we have two dogs and a wife/mom that wants to join so we may be upgrading to something a bit more suited for that: Can I say Land Cruiser or LX450

- Our other rig is a not so normal rig for this thread but it does get is out and about. We have a 2014 Mini Countryman JCW. This past summer we did a 4000 mile Northwest Excursion in it. Most of it above 8000 ft and explored many back roads in the Cascades, Oregon High Desert, Idaho Sawtooth's, Yellowstone, Wyoming Bighorns and Washington's desert.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!): Probably somewhere between a Novice to Intermediate. I have spent some time off road but not a lot. We do a lot of car camping and backwoods backpacking but the vehicle build out part is new. We are very excited to learn more, meet people with similar interests and maybe even attend some events.
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque!

Reactions: Brandon Harvey

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hi everyone,
My name's Chris and I just signed up today. I'm new to the whole overlanding scene, but I'm looking forward to becoming more submersed in it. I only have one photo of my rig, which I'm slowly trying to mod (so far, just tires and a new grill haha). I have a Leitner rack coming in, with an RTT in the garage waiting. Can't wait to put them on and get started on the first trip! Anyway...

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4View attachment 33820

Overland Eperience: Novice

I look forward to gaining more information and experience from this group...and hopefully, make a few friends in the process.

Cheers!
Chris
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! This group definitely has lots of great knowledge!

Reactions: grey_skies_tacoma

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello,

I am located in Corona Ca. I have a 2010 Tacoma 2wheel drive that i've been attempting to use with some success, however, I decided i better have
4wd so I picked up a 4Runner that i think I'll be happy with. I am definitely a novice hoping to move on up.

I tried to post a few pictures but i guess i aint tech savvy. It took twenty minutes just to get the avatar up a couple of weeks ago and i don't know how i managed that
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque!

Traveler I

1) Location: Olympia, WA soon to be Kapolei, HI
2)Rig: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
3)Experience: Somewhere between Novice and Mediocre. Been into solo survival and exploration for awhile, but just recently started doing it with a vehicle.

Pictures to come

Ejbltlr

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Butler
Member #

View attachment 33926 Hello Overlandbound community,

My name is Guillermo.
Rig: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2010
Experience: Moderate. Lots of experience backpacking and camping and some off-roading. No serious off-roading trips yet but looking forward to them.
That FJ is some hotness! Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Galgo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hello there...I'm Luis, but I go by Galgo on the trails.

1. El Paso, Texas
2. 2005 Toyota FJ.
3. Experience? I've been around the block....but there's always something to learn from my fellow overlanders.

Anybody in the El Paso area or vicinity, let me know, we'll head out somewhere.

Peace!

4A9FBB7C-698F-48B3-8A7A-D65826F2A948.jpg

Reactions: Nativemode

Porschetech29

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walnut, CA
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Manuel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6TCQ
IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4336.JPG Hi Everyone,
I'm Francis from Los Angeles, CA
I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra 4x4. I consider myself an Overland novice.