• HTML tutorial

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

View attachment 30714 View attachment 30715
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself. I'm an up and coming senior in high school and have becoming really interested in overlanding. I have absolutely no clue what I am doing but want to learn how to experience the outdoors through off road travel.

1. Northern/Central Maryland
2.2005 Ford Ranger Edge (2WD)
Don't have the budget for a new 4WD yet so trying to make due with what I have right now, hopefully I can buy a new truck in college or shortly after.
3. Very outdoorsy kid growing up but a novice in the offroading and camping aspect

I just bought a bed cap for the truck and plan on doing some camping trips with the month left of summer.
Welcome

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Yay I'm 9704
Haha Actually I'm Brenda everyone calls me MamaB. I'm a Wife,Mother,First Responder, Veteran and I am a proud new Jeep owner looking forward to learning as much as possible and yes I will probably ask a Bunch of dumb questions but I'm learning so I'm still going to ask them.
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited I'm told it's a JKU? I believe it's stock plus a few modifications I have made. Honestly I have no clue about the Jeep other than I'm having a lot of fun and adventures in it and every mod I do I want to do it myself and have been told jeeps are easy to work on, well.....no! Haha I can long block a 460 but this thing has me lost:wink: and confused but hey, challeng excepted.
I'm new to overlanding sort of haha actually I know just enough to be dangerous but as stated above I am eager and willing to learn everything out there. I believe in safety above all and living life to the fullest extent.
Thank you for letting me become a member and for making a safe community where what you drive isn't a clique thing.
Lookimg forward to learning and meeting everyone.
Welcome from the Windy City! Your sticker about the manual on the hill made me chuckle. :D

And thanks for your service.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

sdlewis

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all. I've started making my Volvo a bit more off-road worthy. I've been watching YouTube
about Overlanding and want to begin by exploring the many Forest Service roads in my area.

Looking forward to learning a lot and getting out in the wilderness!

Rig: 2002 Volvo v70 XC Cross Country
Experience: Novice. Caught the bug watching YouTube.

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Hello all. I've started making my Volvo a bit more off-road worthy. I've been watching YouTube
about Overlanding and want to begin by exploring the many Forest Service roads in my area.

Welcome.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Welcome aboard!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, sdlewis - welcome to OB! Nice rig to explore in! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Yay I'm 9704
Haha Actually I'm Brenda everyone calls me MamaB. I'm a Wife,Mother,First Responder, Veteran and I am a proud new Jeep owner looking forward to learning as much as possible and yes I will probably ask a Bunch of dumb questions but I'm learning so I'm still going to ask them.
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited I'm told it's a JKU? I believe it's stock plus a few modifications I have made. Honestly I have no clue about the Jeep other than I'm having a lot of fun and adventures in it and every mod I do I want to do it myself and have been told jeeps are easy to work on, well.....no! Haha I can long block a 460 but this thing has me lost:wink: and confused but hey, challeng excepted.
I'm new to overlanding sort of haha actually I know just enough to be dangerous but as stated above I am eager and willing to learn everything out there. I believe in safety above all and living life to the fullest extent.
Thank you for letting me become a member and for making a safe community where what you drive isn't a clique thing.
Lookimg forward to learning and meeting everyone.
Welcome from the Windy City! Your sticker about the manual on the hill made me chuckle. :D

And thanks for your service.
Thanks. I had to get the sticker because everyone keeps getting so close to me and hahaha I kept killing my Jeep at the stoplights. Re learnig a stick shift is tricky whe you have no vibration or sound to tell you to shift.

Reactions: Lead K9

DEAF_JEEPHER

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avondale, Colorado
Member #

Welcome. Like your JKU. they are easy to work on and plenty of how to videos for everything on YouTube and the forums enjoy it. The hardest thing will be what upgrades to do first
Thank you. The first thing/ Mod I would like to do is move the lights because I keep waiting for Micky Mouse to come tell me he wants his ears back. Hahaha I dont care for the way they stick above my hood. Then tires and a 2.5" lift and 35" tires.

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Thank you. The first thing/ Mod I would like to do is move the lights because I keep waiting for Micky Mouse to come tell me he wants his ears back. Hahaha I dont care for the way they stick above my hood. Then tires and a 2.5" lift and 35" tires.
Very nice - good upgrade to start with. And 2.5 is a good height low center of gravity. But With 35 you are close to rubbing the fenders when hitting bumps or flex. Make sure you check clearance. Or look into some flat fenders. If you have questions I am on my second JKU. Please ask.

Reactions: DEAF_JEEPHER

Abnrml1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am so glad that I joined this forum. I have been disabled and feeling sorry for myself for over ten years and I think it's about time to start living again. I have zero experience in overlanding but this is something that I want to do.

I'll be building my 1981 Datsun 720 KC for this purpose. It has been sitting for a long time due to a blown engine so out comes the 4 cylinder and in goes a 4.3 GM V6 with a 700r4 trans. Suspension will be left stock with the addition of some good shocks and I'll be running 235/75r 15 Goodyear Wranglers. The truck has 4.36 gears so this combo might work.

I have plans in my head for a camper shell and I plan to run a fridge and a 21 gallon on board water tank to start. I'm still trying to decide on what type of sleep system I want but it has to be comfortable because I have a lot of lower back issues.

I would like to start off doing a few days at a time and work my way up to doing a whole season. It may just turn into something permanent if I keep pissing my wife off. I'm the only one that enjoys this type of thing so it will be me and the dog. At least she doesn't complain every five minutes.

I plan on picking everyone's brains if that's okay. This build is on an extreme budget as my SSI is my only income but I am determined to be on the road sometime in the early part of 2018. I'd like to thank y'all in advance for all of your wisdom.

Spooky

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Seattle, WA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Girvan
Member #

Hey everyone,

I'm #4295, I've got a well kept 96 FZJ80 I've had for 7 years, I'm the 2nd owner, I've just recently started to modify it a bit so it's better suited for overlanding and exploring. I'd post pics but as a new member I don't think I can yet.

Up here in Western Washington there's some nice spots to go, just recently did a couple sections of the WABDR two weeks ago before a couple of the rigs I was with had to turn back due to my LC being a bit more capable for the terrain that we were on.

Looking forward to getting out more and running into some more overlanding folks.

Thanks
IMG_8433.JPG
IMG_8409.JPG

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

Hello All,
Just came across this site while researching some areas.
I'm from Wainwright, Alberta.
I drive a well loved 2010 JKUR. We have Crown (government land) close by and we do trips to BC in the summer.
I have a little experience of Overlanding and offroading.
Welcome. Safe travels and enjoy.

Reactions: Mr.Mango