• HTML tutorial

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Julius 2.jpg
Rig: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daystar Lift, BFG KO2, Soon to be Daystar Rocksliders and much more in the future)
Experience: Newbie

Hello Everyone,
This is my rig Julius. Just getting into Overlanding. Did leg 1 and 2 of the New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route over July 4th week and had a blast. Most of my offroading experience is just from wheeling at the OHV parks around Texas, but really looking to get into true Overlanding.

Sal

westga.adv

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Howdy Mike! Welcome to OB! At some point I may sent you a DM to pick your brain about adventure motorcycles. I am thinking about a BMW or KTM. Any preference? Suggestions?
I've started out on the KLR650 and love it. I have learned that it's all about budget and what sort of terrain you plan to tackle. The KLR650 is heavy and doesn't fair too well on really technical stuff. I haven't ridden any BMWs or KTMs but lighter bikes are my preference for the single track and rocky technical stuff.

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

View attachment 28726 Location: Essex County NJ
Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK

I've had the Jeep for about 11 months and took to Old Mine Road last weekend, first time its ever seen the forest, LOL. I read a lot of threads about the Trans New Jersey Trail and was thinking about trying it out soon. Has anyone done it? I also want to try out Wharton State Forest, but have no idea where it begins. Well hopefully I make some new friends on here and go on some excursions.

Ryan
Welcome and nice jeep! I'm from East Brunswick NJ. Join us on central jersey group meet ups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
View attachment 28739
Rig: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daystar Lift, BFG KO2, Soon to be Daystar Rocksliders and much more in the future)

Hello Everyone,
This is my rig Julius. Just getting into Overlanding. Did leg 1 and 2 of the New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route over July 4th week and had a blast. Most of my offroading experience is just from wheeling at the OHV parks around Texas, but really looking to get into true Overlanding.

Sal
Nice to see some non-"traditional" jeeps in here.. I drive a KL Cherokee..

Good capabilities, serves as a good daily and doesn't suck gas.. gets you where you need to go with some creature comforts!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Nice to see some non-"traditional" jeeps in here.. I drive a KL Cherokee..

Good capabilities, serves as a good daily and doesn't suck gas.. gets you where you need to go with some creature comforts!

I'm really actually quite impressed with the capabilities of the Renegade TH. It hasn't let me down yet.

TheAdventurousMind

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yorba Linda, CA
Member #

Long time follower, first time poster...

Hi, Im Dave from Yorba Linda, CA. Next year I will be relocating to Denver, CO area though.

2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4. I consider myself intermediate? Long history with desert racing, but transitioned to overland life and exploring about 2 years ago.

Wanna-be Blogger and Youtuber. :tonguewink:

scottiegwood

Rank I

Contributor III

well, I'm new here figured I should start out here. I recently purchased a 2017 F-150 and am very excited that I can now access a lot more of Colorado!

Rig: 2017 f-150 lariat
experience: NEWB, but I grew up camping in Colorado as a kid

I'm excited to learn more about and get deeper into overlanding!

Reactions: finlayforprez

firebullco2

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Beach, MD
Member #

Location North Beach, MD
Rig 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
3" Rough Country Lift, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2s, Snorkel, Roof Rack with Spare tire, hi lift jack, shovel, and a Hoe for the sand (not in picture), and the front 2 doors are removable.
Experience Newbie

New to overlanding now that my 3 boys are old enough to start going on some adventures. Jeep is a work in progress started out with just a lift and tires but will soon be much more.

Looking forward to maybe going to the border islands in North Carolina in a month or so.

Attachments

84burb

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 1984 6.2 Diesel Suburban
Overland Experience: Novice

I'm currently in Korea but will be moving my family to Drum/Watertown NY in December and looking to find people in that area to make friends who are like minded and as much into the outdoors as I am. Hello to all and thank you for letting me apart of this growing community.

OLDgrey85

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone,

I have been into offraoding for a few years and love to hike and camp. So i decided to combine the two. What else is there to do in the great PNW? I drive a 1985 4runner, on 35s with 5.29 gears, locked front and rear, fully armored, 12000 lb winch and a few motor mods. Looking forward to seeing you all on the trail.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I've started out on the KLR650 and love it. I have learned that it's all about budget and what sort of terrain you plan to tackle. The KLR650 is heavy and doesn't fair too well on really technical stuff. I haven't ridden any BMWs or KTMs but lighter bikes are my preference for the single track and rocky technical stuff.
Thanks for the advice. I am looking for something that is good on the road and moderate terrain, nothing too technical. I want to be able to comfortably go long distance on the pavement, but also tackle dirt / fire roads with no problem.

Reactions: RedSoxRobbe

Yellow

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cornwall, UK
Member #

Hi all,

I'm Harry from across the pond in the UK, probably not many others on this side, but love getting ideas from you lot, and there's not a lot of overlanding specific communities that I've seen over here
I've done plenty of trips in the past, through a lot of southern africa, mostly on so-called "roads" but its been a while since I've done a trip down there, and even a while since I've done a trip longer than a week. Hopefully that will change soon though, planning some longer trips each year in January time (my shop is closed every year through that month), got my eye on a few places at the moment.
I drive a blue JKU, which is a bit of an eye catcher over here, as most people are still hung up on the defenders (lovely cars, I just couldn't afford one - plus stopped production anyway)
I use it as my daily driver, and also on jobs (I'm a cameraman, so lots of travelling) so gets a lot of miles in, and gets to get off the tarmac whenever I get the chance
Picture attached:jeep.jpg

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

New member here, just found the site not too long ago.

Currently stationed in El Paso and recently bought my xterra pro-4.

So far only added drop in roof rack, line-x on everything that was plastic and took the mud flaps off recently.

Looking for some beginner trails in southern NM that I can treck out to this weekend. Don't have any recovery equipment so it would have to be a beginner trail.

Thanks,
Chris
This was taken at White Sands Missile Range while I was providing medical coverage for some training.
IMG_9087.jpg

tnev35

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Trying Again...

My name is Thomas I live in Northern NJ. My first intro was in reply to another's intro post, sorry. I expect to have a lot of questions and will helpful where I can.

I drive a 2013 JKU Rubicon. I'm looking forward to properly outfitting her.

I grew up in CT, I was an avid hiker and camper.
Overland experience, none. Looking to change that. Thank you, T

P.S. hope I posted in right place this time :)

Recon52

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bakersfield
Member #

Hey Guys!!! My name is Rene.
Member#4126
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
Previous Rigs: 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4, 92 Toyota SR5 Extended Cab Pickup 4x4, 89 Toyota SR5 Extended Cab Pickup 4x4
Overland experience: Novice
Interest: Camper, Hunter, Angler, Hiker, Backpacker
Hoping to meet some great people that can expand my exploring avenue.
IMG_2181.JPG

Texas_taco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Guam
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Howdy! New Member here.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Member #: 5730
Experience: Intermediate

I am a hardcore off-roader turned overlander. Sold my 2012 Jeep JK last year and bought a 2016 Tacoma Off Road. 16,000 miles later and I am still happy I made the switch. I look forward to learning more about being a more proficient/efficient traveler.

Attachments

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

Hi all,
We are a family of three (My wife Rosalinda, my son Aiden and myself Eric). We live in Mesa, AZ and yes... trying to stay cool is tough. We have always been a camping family and lately camping has become more of a chore than an adventure since it takes so long to get loaded up, out to our camp and set up. So that said I have been thinking about how much I love camping, but hate the process. I started looking for better ways to camp and came across overlanding. I studied it for a few weeks and shared it with my wife. Then our son's 9th birthday hit and we realized that he is growing so fast and we are loosing out on so many adventures with him. So we decided to go all in. We traded in our last 14' Ram 1500 for a 2017 Ram Power Wagon. Our plan is to set it up as an overlanding rig, combine as many family adventures that we can.

I haven't done a whole bunch of tough rock crawling or off roading, but I have spent a fair bit of time off the pavement. I do look forward to turning our rig into a monster overland rig.