Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Stumbled across this forum while researching the SwitchPros and the sPOD auxiliary switches. Figured I’d stick around.

Rig: ‘22 Jeep JT Mojave
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning experiencesView attachment 250361
Greetings Ben, welcome to Overland Bound!

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Stumbled across this forum while researching the SwitchPros and the sPOD auxiliary switches. Figured I’d stick around.

Rig: ‘22 Jeep JT Mojave
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning experiencesView attachment 250361
Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. You’re going to love it here. Nice rig!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Picture: See attached
Rig: 2006 4runner 4x4 sr5 4.7L
Experience: Desert trails, beach trails, forest trails, fire trails, and truck trails. 3 day max trips. Solo/coop camping. I dislike dunes.
Hey Yeng, thanks for introducing yourself (and your rig), and welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Experience: Desert trails, beach trails, forest trails, fire trails, and truck trails. 3 day max trips. Solo/coop camping. I dislike dunes.
Hallo Yeng
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. Nice rig!

RAxelrod

Rank II

Traveler III

Cedar Park, Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Axelrod
Member #

Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
I have camped all my life but the idea of over landing is fairly new.
View attachment 250394
Welcome to OB. There are a lot of good people here.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
View attachment 250394
Hallo Kris
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
HI Yeng and welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice 4runner!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey yall,

View attachment 250394
Hi Kris and welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, that is a massive rig. Awesome.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Micha_TROOPY

Rank III

Contributor III

Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Daams
Member #

Service Branch
Outdoor/Offroad
Welcome from Germany!

Nice 4x4

Michael

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hey yall,

View attachment 250394
Kris - Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. Can’t wait to see how you build this rig.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey yall,

View attachment 250394
Hey Kris, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
1) Pic attached
2) Salt Lake City
3) 2019 Land Cruiser
4) Fairly experienced in overloading types of things, building capable vehicles and navigation etc...

My name is Nick, and I'm generally out exploring with my wife and two border collie pups. New to the trailer overland life, but I gotta say that I am loving it. Hoping to meet some fellow overlanders in the region now that we have made some changes that will allow us to leave home for as long as we want.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to the Overland Bound family!
Hi Nick. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi there. Christoph from Vista, Ca here. Originally from Germany, but in the US since 1998.

View attachment 250280

The picture is a bit outdated (suspension upgrade and tires/wheels) , but I am sure I will have more opportunities to share the upgrades. I am sure it will give you an idea of what I am doing. lol

2) Location: Vista, Ca (just 45 minutes north of San Diego)

3) Rig: 2022 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3 L Godzilla engine

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not much. Watched a few videos (well, make that a lot of videos). Drove a tank professionally in the army (1988/1989) and there was a lot of off-roading involved. Been on a couple of offroad day trips in the last 6-8 months, but that is it. A lot to learn.

Last year was a bit crazy for me, but I ended up buying a 2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Tremor in August. I am turning this into an expedition vehicle for long-term, full-time travel. My goal is to travel offroad as much as possible and take this monster all across the US, Canada, Middle and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and who knows where else. I have an offroad capable slide-in camper on order. I am able to work remotely 100%.

This year my son will finish high school and head off to college. Since it is only the dog and me, why should I be stationary?! Planning to start traveling the US and Canada for the first 2 years and then work my way from Alaska all the way down to the bottom of Argentina.

The Rig: I upgraded the truck with an air compressor, offroad lights, Winch, Carli Pintop Suspension lift, and replaced the 35s tires with 37s. Still quite a few upgrades planned. The camper will be ready in August or so. It is an off-road capable camper (Supertramp campers).

Until the camper comes, I am trying to go off-roading more to learn the lay of the land (off-roading) so to speak. I am concerned about my 9 year-old Yellow Lab dog (Shelby) and how she will handle the change. Been training her to be more in the truck. Been taking her to the local parks so that she starts associating driving with cool stuff. She is very skittish, so I am hoping she gets used to it.

Anyway, now you know most of who I am. Looking forward to meet and connect others out on the trails or even locally. Thanks for having me here.
Hi Christof. Welcome to Overland Bound from a neighbor to the south.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings,
My wife and I have recently upgraded out Tacoma to be an overlanding vehicle, we were bitten by the bug in the summer of 2022 when we were able to rent an overlanding vehicle in Alaska and traveled 10 days through Denali, Arctic Circle, Valdez and points in between. It was our 2nd trip to AK but the first was 17 days in a tent.
It's not our first rodeo however, we have been backpacking, hiking, climbing, camping as I grew up on the doorstep of RMNP and lived in a nearby mountain town for years.
We are new to overlanding and looking towards retirement soon. We are both in medicine.View attachment 250296
Hi Jeff. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.