First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, Live in Mesa AZ,
My interest in overlanding started in 2018, watched and read a lot of information,
Took my a while to think this through, before I got started,
I felt it was important to know exactly what my version of overlanding would look like.
I am in no way rich enough to be spending money hand over fist,
So I really do not want to climb over rocks that over a 12-16 , I will domild/ low water crossing, 4 season, , three days to a week at a time, Simple ,minimumlest (?).
I planning at some point going to explore the country east to west, north to south, Canada ,
I wanted a vehicle that is comfortable, as most likely 80% Pavement/20 dirt.
Went for a ride on dire and pavement in a Jeep, (sorry mean no disrespect) Rattled to much for me.
I wanted a Bronco, but at the time to new, ( best friend just retired from Ford ,Engineer, Wait time was also an issue) I am that guy that tries to buy American , I bought a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4
I like the trail management system, Great for newbies, the truck is amazing , every time out it impresses me more, it also has impressed s few Toy and Jeep guys.
Got a Yakima rack, and low end Smitty Built RTT, and a Yakima bed extender for my kayaks .
It needs a suspension leveling kit and a little bigger tires, but it marked no sense to upgrade at this time as why not put 20-30 k before I upgrade, no need to hurry,and as it turns out , I have done some technical trails, it did most everything the Jeep did except one portion .
I have since have decided to go in a different direction, RTT is no longer my thing, I am looking at a tear drop or a slide in truck camper?
I have done trips to Patagonia Mnts, White Mountians, Tonto NF, Flag Staff,
Bartlett Lake, Rosevelt Lake , Payson, Page/Utah, Lake Mead boulders city, and and then up to Tahoe ,
I will be retiring so I want to do a 30 day trip
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, glad to be here I live in NC. I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and 2004 BMW 1150 GSA. I love exploring in all sorts of vehicles. I started my fascination with overlanding back in the 80’s and 90’s when I lived in Vermont and lived close to Rovers North and saw a 109 station wagon and wanted a Dormobile. My first 4x4 was a 1977 FJ40 with a Chevy 350 I built with my good friend in high school in the 90’s. I am slowly building my tacoma to fit my needs overlanding and recreating. I look forward to gaining insight and inspiration from others in the community . Thanks for having me
-Ira
View attachment 249165View attachment 249166

JJbyrd

Rank IV

Traveler III

Summerfield, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hausler
Member #

Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
2. 22 Wrangler sport with air suspension Adjustable height from stock to 5 1/2 inches lift
3. At this point I’m a rookie, haven’t been on the trails for 20 plus years , getting to be a empty nester and ready to hit the trails again.

Attachments

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
2. 22 Wrangler sport with air suspension Adjustable height from stock to 5 1/2 inches lift
3. At this point I’m a rookie, haven’t been on the trails for 20 plus years , getting to be a empty nester and ready to hit the trails again.

As someone just up the road from you (Well a hour and a half). Welcome to the NC gang.

Because your a Jeep check out 9th Uwharrie 2023 - Jeep Jamboree USA you can also join me and my family at the Trailfest - Uwharrie NC; April 14th - April 16th, 2023

Overland Bound has a Rigs and Coffee - Charlotte, NC Caribou Coffee 7804 Fairview Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226 2nd Saturday of the month 10:00am - 12:00pm

If you need anything even if your Up in Boone / West Jefferson area please reach out to me. Or check our the Calendar of events.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone, glad to be here I live in NC. I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma and 2004 BMW 1150 GSA. I love exploring in all sorts of vehicles. I started my fascination with overlanding back in the 80’s and 90’s when I lived in Vermont and lived close to Rovers North and saw a 109 station wagon and wanted a Dormobile. My first 4x4 was a 1977 FJ40 with a Chevy 350 I built with my good friend in high school in the 90’s. I am slowly building my tacoma to fit my needs overlanding and recreating. I look forward to gaining insight and inspiration from others in the community . Thanks for having me
-Ira
Welcome from Ohio. Since you're on the east coast, perhaps we'll see each other out on the trails...

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
-Ira
Ira, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State! Looks like a great day at the beach!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Welcome from Ohio. Since you're on the east coast, perhaps we'll see each other out on the trails...
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Hallo Jason
Welcome to OBO
Greatings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Hi Jason,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Welcome To Overland Bound Jason
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone, Live in Mesa AZ,
My interest in overlanding started in 2018, watched and read a lot of information,
Took my a while to think this through, before I got started,
I felt it was important to know exactly what my version of overlanding would look like.
I am in no way rich enough to be spending money hand over fist,
So I really do not want to climb over rocks that over a 12-16 , I will domild/ low water crossing, 4 season, , three days to a week at a time, Simple ,minimumlest (?).
I planning at some point going to explore the country east to west, north to south, Canada ,
I wanted a vehicle that is comfortable, as most likely 80% Pavement/20 dirt.
Went for a ride on dire and pavement in a Jeep, (sorry mean no disrespect) Rattled to much for me.
I wanted a Bronco, but at the time to new, ( best friend just retired from Ford ,Engineer, Wait time was also an issue) I am that guy that tries to buy American , I bought a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4
I like the trail management system, Great for newbies, the truck is amazing , every time out it impresses me more, it also has impressed s few Toy and Jeep guys.
Got a Yakima rack, and low end Smitty Built RTT, and a Yakima bed extender for my kayaks .
It needs a suspension leveling kit and a little bigger tires, but it marked no sense to upgrade at this time as why not put 20-30 k before I upgrade, no need to hurry,and as it turns out , I have done some technical trails, it did most everything the Jeep did except one portion .
I have since have decided to go in a different direction, RTT is no longer my thing, I am looking at a tear drop or a slide in truck camper?
I have done trips to Patagonia Mnts, White Mountians, Tonto NF, Flag Staff,
Bartlett Lake, Rosevelt Lake , Payson, Page/Utah, Lake Mead boulders city, and and then up to Tahoe ,
I will be retiring so I want to do a 30 day trip
Greetings Norm, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
-Ira
Greetings Ira, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Greetings Jason, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
-Ira
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA. It looks like you've got it covered Ira.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Howdy all,
My name is Jason

1. Greensboro ,NC
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason. Congratulations on being close to having the nest cleared.