First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello!

Steve here, Baltimore Metro. Most of my off-roading has been the old Green Ridge State Forest, fire roads, and whatnot. There may have some light shenanigans in a rental Wrangler in a western desert state a long time ago.

I've been camping since I was a teen. Much of our traveling has been road-based camp site to camp site in New England, Glacier NP, Shenandoah, Assateague and tons of state parks. Usually just about every year I hit Assateague for a few days and drive my truck down the ORV area and fish. Pic is below.

View attachment 239603

The Porkchop Express: 2004 Tacoma TRD that is going to be parted out. Bought an OME suspension and found out the mount points on the frame were toast. RIP. I was always more rigged for campsite/heavy truck camping and now want to go the other direction. Overlanding has always intrigued me. I have had an M416 I've been sitting on to make a camping trailer out of for years but I'm going to sell that soon.

Planning on doing my first true overland trip over my birthday in March next year. I've found a couple rental setups in CA that might be able to make a Joshua Tree > Mojave Road > Death Valley > with maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon over 7 days. Thinking about a couple friends that are more aggressive campers than me to rent rigs as well.

Last thing: I have to replace my beloved Porkchop Express. Seriously considering after we get back from out west buying a Gladiator based on how it handles the terrain and making more and more overland trips on weekends and extended. I'm not into crawling and thinking about doing a Mojave. Coincidentally the rentals are Gladiators.

Cheers and safe travels.

Welcome to Overland Bound Steve.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

I am James. My wife and I enjoy travel and off-roading. We are moving into an RV full time so we will be able to travel the country and use the RV as a mobile home base.

1. Charlotte, NC (until the end of the week)
2. 2009 Wrangler (SwampFox)
3. Began hiking and camping as a Cub Scout. Enjoy visiting historical sites. Love getting off the paved roads. View attachment 239516View attachment 239517
Hello James, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

Warren here. Although I learned to drive by driving on trails and gravel, most of my off-road experience is from many years ago. I first got behind the wheel of a vehicle at age 11 in my uncle's Series III Land Rover.

1. Asheville, NC
2. 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Lime Rush
3. Been driving in muck for years but I'd say I'm still a novice. I grew up in Costa Rica driving Land Rovers and Land Cruisers through all sorts of trails and have lived in Montana, Oregon, and North Carolina. My gf and I spend most of our free time outdoors and this vehicle fits our lifestyle.
Hello Warren, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

Steve here, Baltimore Metro. Most of my off-roading has been the old Green Ridge State Forest, fire roads, and whatnot. There may have some light shenanigans in a rental Wrangler in a western desert state a long time ago.

I've been camping since I was a teen. Much of our traveling has been road-based camp site to camp site in New England, Glacier NP, Shenandoah, Assateague and tons of state parks. Usually just about every year I hit Assateague for a few days and drive my truck down the ORV area and fish. Pic is below.

View attachment 239603

The Porkchop Express: 2004 Tacoma TRD that is going to be parted out. Bought an OME suspension and found out the mount points on the frame were toast. RIP. I was always more rigged for campsite/heavy truck camping and now want to go the other direction. Overlanding has always intrigued me. I have had an M416 I've been sitting on to make a camping trailer out of for years but I'm going to sell that soon.

Planning on doing my first true overland trip over my birthday in March next year. I've found a couple rental setups in CA that might be able to make a Joshua Tree > Mojave Road > Death Valley > with maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon over 7 days. Thinking about a couple friends that are more aggressive campers than me to rent rigs as well.

Last thing: I have to replace my beloved Porkchop Express. Seriously considering after we get back from out west buying a Gladiator based on how it handles the terrain and making more and more overland trips on weekends and extended. I'm not into crawling and thinking about doing a Mojave. Coincidentally the rentals are Gladiators.

Cheers and safe travels.
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

JPuyot219

Rank II

Contributor III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Puyot
Member #

Service Branch
Former Firefighter
Hello everyone!

I was just at the mountain west overland expo when my uncle told me about this site. I decided it was important to join, and introduce myself to you all!

Name: Please call me Joe.
Rig: Currently 2014 Jeep Compass 4x4, but will soon be trading that in for something better suited for overlanding, and life outside. A Toyota, most likely, I’ll update y’all as things progress in that arena.
Experience: Novice. I’ve camped my whole life, but overlanding has grown into its own thing, so I’m new to it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

View attachment 239603

Cheers and safe travels.
Welcome To Overland Bound Steve
FYI, the Gladiator is a great off road platform.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. All the areas of the desert you talked about going to next year are on the app map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

I was just at the mountain west overland expo when my uncle told me about this site. I decided it was important to join, and introduce myself to you all!

Rig: Currently 2014 Jeep Compass 4x4, but will soon be trading that in for something better suited for overlanding, and life outside. A Toyota, most likely, I’ll update y’all as things progress in that arena.
Experience: Novice. I’ve camped my whole life, but overlanding has grown into its own thing, so I’m new to it.
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-members-colorado.24207/
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Warren here. Although I learned to drive by driving on trails and gravel, most of my off-road experience is from many years ago. I first got behind the wheel of a vehicle at age 11 in my uncle's Series III Land Rover.

1. Asheville, NC
3. Been driving in muck for years but I'd say I'm still a novice. I grew up in Costa Rica driving Land Rovers and Land Cruisers through all sorts of trails and have lived in Montana, Oregon, and North Carolina. My gf and I spend most of our free time outdoors and this vehicle fits our lifestyle.
Welcome To Overland Bound Warren
@NC-Trooper is a great resource in your area.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone!

Hallo Joseph
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello!

1. Asheville, NC
Hello Warren, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello!

View attachment 239603

Cheers and safe travels.
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone!

Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound Joe, this is a great community

Ajvanasselt

Rank II

Contributor III

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
VanAsselt
Member #

Hey guys so pretty new to this. I live in beautiful bend oregon always seeking adventure. Just sold my 1500 chevy rooftop tent and bought at 2014 subar
u outback 3 weeks ago And starting to build it out.

Headed to Wyoming, Montana, banff and jasper in two days for lots of adventures and camping.

Excited to be a part of this community and excited to share my adventures and meet new people along the way.

Attachments

Lief_WJ

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Independence, MO, USA
First Name
Lief
Last Name
Humphreys
Service Branch
US Navy
We
Hey guys so pretty new to this. I live in beautiful bend oregon always seeking adventure. Just sold my 1500 chevy rooftop tent and bought at 2014 subar

Headed to Wyoming, Montana, banff and jasper in two days for lots of adventures and camping.

Excited to be a part of this community and excited to share my adventures and meet new people along the way.
Welcome to the fold!

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound, it’s a great community.

Dale

Casper, WY

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Andrew
Nice looking rig you got
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Ajvanasselt

Rank II

Contributor III

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
VanAsselt
Member #

Hallo Andrew
Nice looking rig you got
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thanks it was completely stock when I got it. Have my lift and tires and wheels coming when I get back.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Andrew
Nice looking rig you got
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thanks it was completely stock when I got it. Have my lift and tires and wheels coming when I get back.
My second car is Outback
Nice base to work with