El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Hi, I'm Frank from North Texas (Wichita Falls), been following y'all for awhile and thought I'd go ahead and become a member. Looking forward to chatting and learning some overlanding tips from ya! I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra I've had for about 6 months now, just getting all the bugs and possible bugs fixed before I start building up the rig. View attachment 237116
Welcome to the OB1 family. Great choice of vehicle. Solid tear axle is nice. I think some of the models have a locker from the manufacturer, right? What was your first mod change?

FrankBJr

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Biddle
Member #

So far the only mod I have done was replace the upper 12v port with a voltage reading USB hub. I've been going through my rig and making sure it is mechanically sound before I start adding the changes, but I have an ever-growing list of stuff I want to do to it. Lol

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Texas. I'm between Cleburne & Whitney. Totally newbie here. Grew up camping on Padre Island, my heart & soul is longing to get back into nature.
I have a 2006 Tj Ulim(LJ), stock, wrapped for protection from farm life.
Hello Alyce, welcome to Overland Bound!

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello from Texas. I'm between Cleburne & Whitney. Totally newbie here. Grew up camping on Padre Island, my heart & soul is longing to get back into nature.

Welcome to Overland Bound a great community if you have a question just ask someone will probably have the answer

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi, I'm Frank from North Texas (Wichita Falls), been following y'all for awhile and thought I'd go ahead and become a member. Looking forward to chatting and learning some overlanding tips from ya! I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra I've had for about 6 months now, just getting all the bugs and possible bugs fixed before I start building up the rig. View attachment 237116

Welcome to OB I’ve only been a member for a short time it’s a great group

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Alyce
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser towing an Off Grid Expo 2.0 trailer
Experience: Intermedia wheeling experience with many years tent camping throughout Northern CA. Added the trailer to the mix this past year.

Always looking for new routes, adventures and folks to explore with.
Welcome to OB1. I live also in NorCal. El Dorado Hills to be precise. Hope to see you on the trail with my family.

Alyce

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blum, Texas
First Name
Alyce
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Alyce
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Brie. I enjoy camping & hiking and I’m always looking for new spots to explore!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brie
You live in a great spot for getting out and exploring, I love the Eastern Sierras
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Ed from Raleigh, NC. Currently driving a trusty old 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 35th Anniversary Edition (just 50k miles now w/JDM engine swap) which was mainly used to cart kids to/from baseball/softball tournaments the last decade along the east coast of the US through muddy field parking lots where only soccer moms' Jeeps dared. ;-) Interested in getting into light overlanding in the North Carolina area. Luckily my tires are about due so looking at putting on a modest 1.5" lift and getting AT's vs the straight street tires to make it look less grocery-getter looking (if that's possible!)

View attachment 238669
Welcome To Overland Bound Ed
@NC-Trooper is a great resource in NC for you.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Experience: Intermedia wheeling experience with many years tent camping throughout Northern CA. Added the trailer to the mix this past year.

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a great meet-up in Santa Rosa each month along with a very large meet-up in Livermore that is also monthly. You can find both of these on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

New to the app and overlanding overall.

Rig: 2011 Toyota 4 Runner Trail Edition
Experience: novice

I bought this car as an adventure car for me and my son. So far we’ve taken it to a couple nearby hiking spots and loved it.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to this forum... Been camping in my 24ft RV and got back spending June out at our NP (Badlands, Black Hills/Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Devil's Tower), Yellowstone (got there right when things were closing for the flooding and did an audible and headed north to Glacier), Grand Tetons, Great Smoky) and I live out in OBX. I did a solar/inverter/LiFEPo4 setup on the RV that worked out really great. Did primarily Harvest Host locations for that month with an occasional campground in order to empty tanks.

Switching my camping from the 24ft RV to an overland setup that I'm starting to build out. I got a M1102 military trailer that I use for my "beach cart" - living out here in OBX, NC and I'm on my fifth Bronco (currently own a 68, traded in my MY21 and now a MY22 (other two were a 1994 and a 1995 and gone)). I'm leaning more for a RTT on the M1102 and the MY22 as my tow vehicle. Many more pics and info to come!

Jay D'Angelo
Salvo, NC
Welcome To Overland Bound Jay
@NC-Trooper is a great resource in NC.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

My name is Arne and I‘m from Hamburg in Germany.
I bought an LR4 (called „Discovery 4“ over here) about three years ago. After lots of repairs I did my first overlanding trip (to Norway) this year and it was such a great experience!
I just singned up here and I’m looking forward to connect with this great community sharing the same interests.

Arne
Welcome To Overland Bound Arne
@El-Dracho is a great resource for Mid Europe information
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Nice set up! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/posts/586589/