Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Hey all! Checking back in after a long absence. I sold my Maza CX-5 AWD, which took me on a lot of trips (Mojave, Sierras loop, Susanville/Shasta wagon roads, etc.) and tons of utility and forest roads for work across the western U.S. Just picked up a 2006 Volvo XC70 and starting to kit it out for a break-in 2,500-mile trip next month from San Diego to SLC, Rockies, San Juans and back, boondocking the whole way. Eventually planning a light lift, skid plate upgrade, Geolander A/T GO15s (which I had on the Mazda and really liked) and some creature comforts, but basically stock for this trip while I get used to her and figure out what I need most. Already got my medallion transferred over, though :)
Nice rig and welcome back! I'm sure it will be good to you. I sometimes miss my S60R. I was surprised that Volvo has such a good aftermarket

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
GOOD MORNING, MY NAME IS MARIO, I LIVE IN MEXICO, 1998 DODGE RAM 2500, CUMMINS 12V, CAMPER LEER, AND STARTING TO EQUIP IT FOR OVERLANDING, I WAS A LONG DISTANCE TRUCKER ALL MY LIFE
Bienvenido, Mario! I hope that you enjoy the transition from long distance driving on a schedule, to driving long distances on your own schedule.

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Since I have not been very active, I figured I would give an updated introduction.

We started our journey with two Land Rover LR4s. As we transitioned from TN to MO, we also transitions to a Ram family of vehicles: my wife has a 1500 Rebel with some extra skid protection, and I have started building my 2500 power wagon.

I look forward to gaining some insight from our community as we finally buy time to get out and enjoy nature.

See you on the trails!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Since I have not been very active, I figured I would give an updated introduction.

We started our journey with two Land Rover LR4s. As we transitioned from TN to MO, we also transitions to a Ram family of vehicles: my wife has a 1500 Rebel with some extra skid protection, and I have started building my 2500 power wagon.

I look forward to gaining some insight from our community as we finally buy time to get out and enjoy nature.

See you on the trails!
Welcome back to the Overland Bound forum, some things have been updated so here are some links to help you out.
A great contact in MO is @Paris0514
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and LRFam1718

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

See you on the trails!
Hello Michael, I hope the time is not too expensive for you, I have found it to be costly at times. :yum:

Martynizer

Rank I

Contributor III

Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Martyn
Last Name
Evans
Hello ~ I'm Martyn, and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2008, Toyota, 4Runner that I recently starting using for more than just a daily driver. I plan on going on more trips, adventures, offroading and overlanding. Nothing too crazy, as it is my daily and i need to use it for work as well.
In the last year or so, I've occasionally been going out with a few new and more knowledgeable enthusiasts, that I've met along my journey.

Attachments

Hike_Gang

Rank II

Contributor III

Truth or Consequences, Sierra County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Guadalupe
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone,

As of a few weeks ago we live in TorC, NM. My better half and I began overlanding about 4 years ago but really kicked it into overdrive when the pandemic started. Most of our time has been spent exploring Colorado and Wyoming but have made several 2-3 week trips in the past two years (CO to CA, CO to FL, and a two week WY summer vacation). We have plans to head to the PNW for at least a month at the end of July and Baja some time in the fall. I now work remotely (thank you COVID) so we hope to overland a lot more from here on out (thank you Starlink). We look forward to meeting other members and getting a chance to tag along on some of your planned expeditions.

Cheers,
Dennis G.

Our Rig
2014 SR-5 + 2020 Sherpa Trailers BigFoot

Attachments

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Hello ~ I'm Martyn, and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2008, Toyota, 4Runner that I recently starting using for more than just a daily driver. I plan on going on more trips, adventures, offroading and overlanding. Nothing too crazy, as it is my daily and i need to use it for work as well.
In the last year or so, I've occasionally been going out with a few new and more knowledgeable enthusiasts, that I've met along my journey.

I like your wheels and your lights

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Martyn
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone,

As of a few weeks ago we live in TorC, NM. My better half and I began overlanding about 4 years ago but really kicked it into overdrive when the pandemic started. Most of our time has been spent exploring Colorado and Wyoming but have made several 2-3 week trips in the past two years (CO to CA, CO to FL, and a two week WY summer vacation). We have plans to head to the PNW for at least a month at the end of July and Baja some time in the fall. I now work remotely (thank you COVID) so we hope to overland a lot more from here on out (thank you Starlink). We look forward to meeting other members and getting a chance to tag along on some of your planned expeditions.

Cheers,
Dennis G.

Our Rig
2014 SR-5 + 2020 Sherpa Trailers BigFoot
Hallo Dennis
You two are most Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Martyn, welcome to Overland Bound.

NateBobber1940

Rank III

Explorer I

Land of lakes
First Name
NATE
Last Name
MEIDL
Member #

Howdy folks, I'm Nate, I'm in Scandia Minnesota, own a 20 Jeep JT (Gladiator) and love building and wrenching on just about anything. Jeeps classic cars motorcycles old chainsaws anything! Ah, lifelong outdoors guy tent camping canoe camping. Just love being outdoors doing something. Also we tow a 2021 pop-up camper and try to get on at least one good driving trip a year. Hoping to make it more overland!!! Anybody ever in my area needs a hand just ask!!!

Attachments

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572

See you on the trails!
Welcome back to the Overland Bound forum, some things have been updated so here are some links to help you out.
A great contact in MO is @Paris0514
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you, Kent!

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572

See you on the trails!
Hello Michael, I hope the time is not too expensive for you, I have found it to be costly at times. :yum:
It can be expensive! But, as long as my updates give some layer of protection, or comfort for the family, it's always worth it in the end

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy folks, I'm Nate, I'm in Scandia Minnesota, own a 20 Jeep JT (Gladiator) and love building and wrenching on just about anything. Jeeps classic cars motorcycles old chainsaws anything! Ah, lifelong outdoors guy tent camping canoe camping. Just love being outdoors doing something. Also we tow a 2021 pop-up camper and try to get on at least one good driving trip a year. Hoping to make it more overland!!! Anybody ever in my area needs a hand just ask!!!
Hallo Nathan
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just back from a fantastic trip through Norway. What a great country. And what do I see here? So many new registrations again! Wow, that's awesome.

Not easy to keep up while on the road for a couple of weeks. So, welcome to all new joiners. Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Welcome to OB from Charlotte, NC

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate.
Have fun with the Gladiator build.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho