Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lautbzehn
Service Branch
N/A
Hello,
Name is Dan. I’m new to Overlanding. I just finished my rig build. Well, almost. I still need a back bumper. Been building it out for about six months now. 2022 4Runner TRD Off-road. I was raised in the mountains north east of Fresno, ca and grew up around 4x4 but I wouldn’t say I’m an expert wheeler. I’m sure I still have a lot to learn and am always 4willing! I currently reside in Santa Barbara, Ca with my lovely wife, kids and two dogs. Oh, and two hairy cats. Here are some pics of my rig.
Welcome, Dan! Happy trails!

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
New guy here from the east SF Bay Area...I've been an avid ADV motorcyclist for a few years and just bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to share my adventures with my family. I'm looking forward to getting my 4Runner set up for some trail use and getting dirty.

Cheers!
Geoff

lautbzehn

Rank III

Member I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lautbzehn
Service Branch
N/A
New guy here from the east SF Bay Area...I've been an avid ADV motorcyclist for a few years and just bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to share my adventures with my family. I'm looking forward to getting my 4Runner set up for some trail use and getting dirty.

Cheers!
Geoff
Welcome, Geoff. I too am a newbie. Happy trails!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Cheers!
Geoff
Hallo Geoffrey
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Cheers!
Geoff
Hello Geoff, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New to the “overland bound” community so I though I’d say hello! My name is Hank and I’m from the flatlands of the Midwest! Northwest Indiana to be specific. Not new to camping or overland, but new to the “technology” of it all! I’ve had Jeeps, and samurais in the past, but currently have a 2015 f350, crew cab long bed full-size. She fairly stock, other than some minor engine mods, but she goes under the knife for a custom flatbed Very soon! I have twin 6 year olds and a 2 year old traveling with my wife and myself, so my setup is going to be different than most. I am building this truck to be multi-use. Kind of a “leather man” of trucks! Lol. I have a small farm, so the truck needs to “work,” I have a 32’ 5th wheel i need to pull, and I still need to get her through trails! My main plan is to be able to drag my 5th wheel where we need to go, and be able to take 2-3 nighters when we get to “destination.” We take 3-4 big trips a year, and many in between fishing and hiking trips. So camper goes with on big trips, and just the truck on smaller fishing trips. I look forward to the groups help as I don’t know much about the forums, the online mapping, and all the tech that goes with it! So thanks for letting me be part of your community, and love to hear from y’all!
Hello Hank, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Cheers!
Geoff
Hello Geoff, welcome to Overland Bound.

walkabout_ca

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Hi, I'm new as well. We're living in the SF Bay Area and have a 2021 4Runner that we like taking on trips to deserts (DV, Utah) and mountains. Over the last 1.5 years we've slowly converted the 4Runner to a pretty convenient camping setup, and we'll be adding a bumper and winch soon. When we're not on the trail I love to do woodworking. We're not very experienced overlanders (a handful of short and longer solo trips), but we did tackle the Lippincott Pass in our stock 4Runner :blush: . Excited to get more involved in the community!

Gwen (& Esther)

PXL_20220225_005254604.jpg
PXL_20220408_234629466.jpg

lautbzehn

Rank III

Member I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lautbzehn
Service Branch
N/A
Hi, I'm new as well. We're living in the SF Bay Area and have a 2021 4Runner that we like taking on trips to deserts (DV, Utah) and mountains. Over the last 1.5 years we've slowly converted the 4Runner to a pretty convenient camping setup, and we'll be adding a bumper and winch soon. When we're not on the trail I love to do woodworking. We're not very experienced overlanders (a handful of short and longer solo trips), but we did tackle the Lippincott Pass in our stock 4Runner :blush: . Excited to get more involved in the community!

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Welcome! Happy trails!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Hallo Gwendolyn
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

DavidNam

Rank I

Contributor II

Namibia
First Name
David
Last Name
vanBreda
Thanks Christoff

I am a keen follower of your youtube channel GetOutGo and recommend it to anybody and everybody! :sunglasses:
Just a question of time before we run into each other around some dusty bush of an Ana boom in a riverbed! :grinning:

Hi David,

Welcome to OB! Give me a shout if you have any questions or need help with anything!

Cheers,
Christoff

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Watch this space, trying to put together a Namibia trip, soon…

Thanks Christoff

I am a keen follower of your youtube channel GetOutGo and recommend it to anybody and everybody! :sunglasses:
Just a question of time before we run into each other around some dusty bush of an Ana boom in a riverbed! :grinning:

Hi David,

Welcome to OB! Give me a shout if you have any questions or need help with anything!

Cheers,
Christoff

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Hello Gwen & Esther, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Gwen (& Esther)
Welcome to Overland Bound Gwen and Esther
You wont have any problems on Lippincott, just take your time.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers!
Geoff
Welcome to Overland Bound Geoff
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave. Dave is the organizer of the East Bay meet-up in Livermore, it is probably our most successful meet-up in the community and can be found on the map.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the “overland bound” community so I though I’d say hello! My name is Hank and I’m from the flatlands of the Midwest! Northwest Indiana to be specific. Not new to camping or overland, but new to the “technology” of it all! I’ve had Jeeps, and samurais in the past, but currently have a 2015 f350, crew cab long bed full-size. She fairly stock, other than some minor engine mods, but she goes under the knife for a custom flatbed Very soon! I have twin 6 year olds and a 2 year old traveling with my wife and myself, so my setup is going to be different than most. I am building this truck to be multi-use. Kind of a “leather man” of trucks! Lol. I have a small farm, so the truck needs to “work,” I have a 32’ 5th wheel i need to pull, and I still need to get her through trails! My main plan is to be able to drag my 5th wheel where we need to go, and be able to take 2-3 nighters when we get to “destination.” We take 3-4 big trips a year, and many in between fishing and hiking trips. So camper goes with on big trips, and just the truck on smaller fishing trips. I look forward to the groups help as I don’t know much about the forums, the online mapping, and all the tech that goes with it! So thanks for letting me be part of your community, and love to hear from y’all!
Welcome to Overland Bound Hank
This page might help you out;
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Reactions: Shahn

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Hi there, your set up looks awesome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

We have a meet up this coming Sunday, you just missed our trip to the Bodie and Mt Patterson area, but we’ve got more trips to come!
5BD0539B-9B1B-4F21-9D15-1DB74C2B6A01.jpeg

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Cheers!
Geoff
Hey Geoff

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Btw our group just went last weekend up to Belfort Ghost town at 10,200’9CE80FDE-7AD3-4828-B66E-315E51064E60.jpeg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Cheers!
Geoff
Greetings Geoff, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Greetings Gwen & Esther, welcome to Overland Bound!