Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Whats up guys and gals, my name is Mason. Brand new to the overlanding stuff but very excited to get out there. Currently building a new rig. It’s a 2022 Tacoma OR. I live in the Sacramento area and just looking for some solid dudes to possibly tag along on a trip or two. View attachment 222019
Hi Mason and welcome to OverlandBound!

Wow, that is a nice pickup truck. I like these Tacomas. I like them much better than the Toyo Hilux that are available here in Europe. It is a 3.5 V6 then, correct?

Actually, colors do almost no matter to me with regard to vehicles and it's more about the function, but here I must say: the combination of the green and the gold rims plus the black coated accessories looks really great!

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey guys kind new to the whole overland concept, but I love the outdoors so here I am!!

- Las Vegas is the base camp lol
- 2021 Outlander “ not your usual rig ”
- Experience is fairly slim I’m new but I’m all in and ready for where it takes me
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Whats up guys and gals, my name is Mason. Brand new to the overlanding stuff but very excited to get out there. Currently building a new rig. It’s a 2022 Tacoma OR. I live in the Sacramento area and just looking for some solid dudes to possibly tag along on a trip or two. View attachment 222019
Hello Mason, welcome to Overland Bound.

nomadad074

Rank I

Contributor II

Suwanee, Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Francisco
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers, Michael here from Atlanta, Ga! Hope to meet new friends and create amazing experiences. Currently rocking a 2005 Tacoma Sport with AT Habitat - absolutely love adventuring out west and just got back from TX, NM & AZ and am planning to head back out soon!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello fellow adventurers, Michael here from Atlanta, Ga! Hope to meet new friends and create amazing experiences. Currently rocking a 2005 Tacoma Sport with AT Habitat - absolutely love adventuring out west and just got back from TX, NM & AZ and am planning to head back out soon!
Hi Michael and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Michael
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Michael
Great looking set up!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource in GA is @k9sar
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Mason
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
There is a local meet-up in El Dorado Hills that meets every third Tuesday of the month.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys kind new to the whole overland concept, but I love the outdoors so here I am!!

- Experience is fairly slim I’m new but I’m all in and ready for where it takes me
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding (NV)
A great local resource in LV is @mwilson920
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here. Not much for forums but I’ll give a go. I may be more on the quiet side but feel free to say hi.
Hail from the NW Va area. And have a 06’F150 XLT 4x4.
Not sure what all is expected but I’m just here for the fun of off roading. Overlanding. Camping. Etc. don’t have a member number yet but hoping to rectify that soon.

Cheers!
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com. This is a great way to get all the info you could ever want about equipment.

TCBTacoma

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butt
Member #

Tom here...been a lurker for a while (and a forum member, but it's time to contribute to keeping this going!)
I would say I'm a different breed of overlander, as I'm an ultra-runner (so overlanding on foot?). Have done a lot of camping (both on foot, and more recently car camping), but as things have gotten busier in the world, I wanted to expand where I could go to get away, and the focus remains on finding amazing places to camp and run.
Located in Denver, but can be found in the mountains most weekends in the summer. Current *rig* (I should just say vehicle) is an ML350..but that's been on the way out for a while due to a number of constraints. Used it last year to dial in what I wanted to build, as I like to work from camp (have a remote job), stay off the grid for 3-5 days regularly (hoping for some longer trips as I do build out my rig), and now I think I know how I want to do it...so the rig should be a fun process, and I expect I'll be sharing it as it comes together.
Looking forward to learning more from this group, meeting some people (virtually and in person), and generally enjoying the outdoors.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member here. Not much for forums but I’ll give a go. I may be more on the quiet side but feel free to say hi.
Hail from the NW Va area. And have a 06’F150 XLT 4x4.
Not sure what all is expected but I’m just here for the fun of off roading. Overlanding. Camping. Etc. don’t have a member number yet but hoping to rectify that soon.

Cheers!
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Mason, welcome to Overland Bound! I love that green!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Michael, welcome to Overland Bound!

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Welcome!!!!

I will add you to my list of people to invite when i am planning a rally point. The next one will probably be in late March or April If you have any questions, please message me.

Michelle

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Tom here...been a lurker for a while (and a forum member, but it's time to contribute to keeping this going!)
I would say I'm a different breed of overlander, as I'm an ultra-runner (so overlanding on foot?). Have done a lot of camping (both on foot, and more recently car camping), but as things have gotten busier in the world, I wanted to expand where I could go to get away, and the focus remains on finding amazing places to camp and run.
Located in Denver, but can be found in the mountains most weekends in the summer. Current *rig* (I should just say vehicle) is an ML350..but that's been on the way out for a while due to a number of constraints. Used it last year to dial in what I wanted to build, as I like to work from camp (have a remote job), stay off the grid for 3-5 days regularly (hoping for some longer trips as I do build out my rig), and now I think I know how I want to do it...so the rig should be a fun process, and I expect I'll be sharing it as it comes together.
Looking forward to learning more from this group, meeting some people (virtually and in person), and generally enjoying the outdoors.
Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound! Hello from a fellow ultra runner also! :)

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo tom
Still welcome
My self go by car, bycykle and som Running as well.
It’s up too you alone to deside wats works for you
Keep enjoy
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Tom and welcome to OverlandBound!

Wow, ultra-running, that´s a very fascinating sport.

Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Contributor III

Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
First Name
Lino
Last Name
Cappelli
Member #

Hello everyone, as the username implies, this is Lino.
I am located in south Florida and have been riding the local trails since 2012 or so.
To me overland is vehicle based travel to experience other cultures and their relationship with the outdoors.
Tread lightly tread trainer, big cypress volunteer, studying for the ham tech license (finally got around to it right when everyone started switching to GMRS)
Mostly day trips to big cypress preserve but every once in a while I visit Ocala/Citrus for a long weekend.
I try to pack my trips in with my other hobbies, as they revolve around being outdoors (hiking, orienteering, mtb, kayaking/sup, shooting sports.) Basically anything outdoors.
Off road travel is a generational thing for me as my dad and uncles were involved in the hobby in my home country of Venezuela.
I have been doing it on my own since I started driving and bought my own first car (gen 1 xterra.) I have worked on and driven all kinds of different 4x4s- from Nissan, Toyota, Mitsu and even a Touareg.
Right now I am building an 05 xterra off road.
It was in… rough shape, when I got it but I wanted to get back into the off road scene and it was at a great price.
In my opinion most used SUVs under $10k are going to need a lot of work to get them where I want on the road, regardless of how their age/mileage.
I thought if I was gonna be swapping out parts might as well get a deal on something that NEEDS things replaced.
The entire front drivetrain except cvs and brakes had to be replaced, the whole rear susp and hatch/rear fenders/pinch weld was rusting.
While we were in there we put a small spacer lift. This week it’ll have a winch/bumper put on and next week it’ll have 33” duratracs installed.
I joined this forum to meet and discuss with folks who are involved in the hobby locally.

Attachments