Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

If there's a level below beginner that would be me.

Now, if there was a ranking for obessive youtube watching, web researching and forum reading, I'd be expert master supreme.

However, I am very quickly getting to that point where I need to actually start interacting with people who know and do this stuff vs reading and watching about it.

Therefore here I am and I look forward to picking your brains.

As for me, I'm in the Ottawa area up in Canada.

Current rig is so wholly incapable of overlanding it's not worth mentioning. Looking to change that in the new year and I'm currently targeting a late model Xterra Pro 4X.

I have some big plans for the new year so, assuming all the stars align, I'll be seeing you out on the trails soon enough!
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @ryancarman
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All,

Now, if there was a ranking for obessive youtube watching, web researching and forum reading, I'd be expert master supreme.

However, I am very quickly getting to that point where I need to actually start interacting with people who know and do this stuff vs reading and watching about it.

Current rig is so wholly incapable of overlanding it's not worth mentioning. Looking to change that in the new year and I'm currently targeting a late model Xterra Pro 4X.

I have some big plans for the new year so, assuming all the stars align, I'll be seeing you out on the trails soon enough!
Hello Justin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rig: Frankenstein 3rd Gen 4Runner
‘96 Limited base, mostly parted from a ‘00 SR5
3.4 just shy of 430k miles
5 speed
E-Locker
Experience: Not sure how much technical overlandIng I’ve been doing; but She’s my hunting rig, so I’ve been using her to venture the National forests and other public lands in search of quail, woodcock, and ducks since 2012
Hello Shane, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings All,

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - new rig for me and I’m working on prepping it for overlanding
Overlanding Experience: Novice
Looking forward to learning from the community and meeting new folks on the trail.
Hello Bob, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy Overlanders!

I’m a Bay Area Over landing novice, having picked up a 2005 Grand Cherokee this year. Ive put a “2 lift and some 32’s on it, and I’ve done some of Usal road and the Old Coast Road and I look forward to more adventures!
Cheers!
Huffy
Hello Huffy, welcome to Overland Bound.

HuffyWK

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Huffy
Last Name
Hafera
Member #

Howdy Overlanders!

I’m a Bay Area Over landing novice, having picked up a 2005 Grand Cherokee this year. Ive put a “2 lift and some 32’s on it, and I’ve done some of Usal road and the Old Coast Road and I look forward to more adventures!
Cheers!
Huffy
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks so much!!

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Howdy Overlanders!

Cheers!
Huffy
Welcome aboard! You've joined a fantastic community

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Greetings All,

Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - new rig for me and I’m working on prepping it for overlanding
Looking forward to learning from the community and meeting new folks on the trail.
Welcome Bob

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi, in the Netherlands, Europe, driving 1975, 2.25l 4 cyl diesel, lightweight Land Rover 88”, ex military. This winter going to repair some overdue rust spots on the fire wall and footwells. Rest of the car is aluminum so maintenance free.
Welcome Pete Good looking rig

Andrew27

Rank II

Member I

Modesto, Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Faukner
Member #

Hi folks. My wife and I are retired teachers, and have traveled the world in rental vehicles, sometimes staying in hotels, and sometimes camping. With the pandemic making travel difficult, we decided to buy a 2021 Jeep Gladiator, and outfit it for travel. It is so much easier to travel in the JT, rather than in than my 1984 CJ7. We drove the JT to Alaska, and the Artic Ocean from California last summer. As parts become easier to buy, we have dreams of driving through Latin America, and Africa. Let's see what happens. Adventure before dementia!JT Profile.jpg

LetsGo

Rank II

Contributor III

Bonne Terre, St. Francois County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Eilene
Last Name
Stanger
Member #

Jeep Gladiator 2021
Currently in the Midwest

My family has gone camping and exploring all my life. We want to go beyond the traditional campground. Looking forward to the group’s experience and advice. We are planning our next trip from Washington to Missouri in the Spring.

~Eilene and Gene

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi, in the Netherlands, Europe, driving 1975, 2.25l 4 cyl diesel, lightweight Land Rover 88”, ex military. This winter going to repair some overdue rust spots on the fire wall and footwells. Rest of the car is aluminum so maintenance free.

Hi Pete and welcome to OverlandBound!

That is a nice 88 Landy!

Hope to meet you on some trails one day. There are some meetups planned in Europe in future. Check out the RallyPoints please.

As mentioned in the Europe subforum already, we also have a virtual Campfire every 2 weeks. You will find the details also in The Rally Points. Join us next time if you like!

If you have any questions, just get in touch. I am happy to help.

Enjoy,

Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All,

Greetings Justin and welcome to OB! You'll be on your way to a expert soon with the wealth of knowledge on these forums!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Rig: Frankenstein 3rd Gen 4Runner
‘96 Limited base, mostly parted from a ‘00 SR5
3.4 just shy of 430k miles
5 speed
E-Locker
Experience: Not sure how much technical overlandIng I’ve been doing; but She’s my hunting rig, so I’ve been using her to venture the National forests and other public lands in search of quail, woodcock, and ducks since 2012
Greetings Shane and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings All,

Greetings Bob and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy Overlanders!

Cheers!
Huffy
Greetings Huffy and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and HuffyWK

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Pete and welcome to OB! Awesome rig!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi folks. My wife and I are retired teachers, and have traveled the world in rental vehicles, sometimes staying in hotels, and sometimes camping. With the pandemic making travel difficult, we decided to buy a 2021 Jeep Gladiator, and outfit it for travel. It is so much easier to travel in the JT, rather than in than my 1984 CJ7. We drove the JT to Alaska, and the Artic Ocean from California last summer. As parts become easier to buy, we have dreams of driving through Latin America, and Africa. Let's see what happens. Adventure before dementia!View attachment 216541
Greetings Andrew and welcome to OB! Nice setup!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Jeep Gladiator 2021
Currently in the Midwest

My family has gone camping and exploring all my life. We want to go beyond the traditional campground. Looking forward to the group’s experience and advice. We are planning our next trip from Washington to Missouri in the Spring.

~Eilene and Gene
Greetings Eilene and Gene and welcome to Overland Bound!