Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mark
Greetings,

I am new to the forum but not to overlanding. My rig is 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. I am running the below mods.

-Ironman 4x4 Stage 3 Foam Cell Pro
-Ironman 4x4 rated recovery points on front frame
-Cali Raised rock sliders
-Midland 400 GMRS
-BFGoodrich AT KO2s 285/70R17
-I have a bunch of other recover gear and simple switch system for my ditch lights.

My next mod is a Southern Style Offroad low profile bumper (stage 2) with a winch. My next trip is the Oklahoma Adventure Trail or possibly Big Bend Ranch State Park. I now live in Dallas Fort Worth so there are more options compared to my last residence. I will start planning on the forum shortly and would appreciate your advice and experience.

Enthusiast I

Eastern Pennsylvania
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sterling
Hey everyone, happy to be here! My name is Jon. I have a yellow Jeep XJ some of you may recognize. For a few years I was part of the channel BleepinJeep and did a bunch of TDI swap videos there. So yes the XJ is TDI powered, yes I love it, it gets 26+ MPG and has more power than a tuned 4.0 with less than half the displacement and about 100 lbs weight savings. I do have my own YouTube channel now I’d be thrilled to have you join me there - https://youtube.com/channel/UCcWSjd3T3P5m7et_J1pJa7w

On IG I am @dirtroadtherapyjon

I love to explore, primarily PA VA WV. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have for me!

Attachments

Contributor I

Hello everyone, greetings from upstate NY. I am just getting into overlanding, recently bought a wj. It is still stock, have many plans but still don’t know exactly what direction I will be going. I love the outdoors, have been a survivalist backpacker for more than a decade. Still trying to find some trails to go explore in NY. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you for having me.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hey everyone, happy to be here! My name is Jon. I have a yellow Jeep XJ some of you may recognize. For a few years I was part of the channel BleepinJeep and did a bunch of TDI swap videos there. So yes the XJ is TDI powered, yes I love it, it gets 26+ MPG and has more power than a tuned 4.0 with less than half the displacement and about 100 lbs weight savings. I do have my own YouTube channel now I’d be thrilled to have you join me there - https://youtube.com/channel/UCcWSjd3T3P5m7et_J1pJa7w

I love to explore, primarily PA VA WV. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have for me!
Welcome Jon

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings,

I am new to the forum but not to overlanding. My rig is 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. I am running the below mods.

-Midland 400 GMRS
-I have a bunch of other recover gear and simple switch system for my ditch lights.

My next mod is a Southern Style Offroad low profile bumper (stage 2) with a winch. My next trip is the Oklahoma Adventure Trail or possibly Big Bend Ranch State Park. I now live in Dallas Fort Worth so there are more options compared to my last residence. I will start planning on the forum shortly and would appreciate your advice and experience.
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, greetings from upstate NY. I am just getting into overlanding, recently bought a wj. It is still stock, have many plans but still don’t know exactly what direction I will be going. I love the outdoors, have been a survivalist backpacker for more than a decade. Still trying to find some trails to go explore in NY. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you for having me.
Hello Juan, welcome to Overland Bound. I use trailsoffroad.com to find local trails. Their rating system for the degree of difficulty seems to be spot on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Jon
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Please read the community guidelines so that your brand does not conflict.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

-Midland 400 GMRS

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current vehicles KTM 790 and 1290 Adventure. Bike camping and on occasion I bring the support vehicle.
I located in Indiana. I traveled around the world, here and there. Now I'm wanting see more of our our fantastic country. Off the beaten path.
Cheers
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings,

-Midland 400 GMRS

Hello David and welcome to Overland Bound! Can't wait to see pics of your build!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Jon and welcome to Overland Bound

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Juan and welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone! My name is Tim and I'm from North NJ.

What little off-roading/overlanding knowledge I have comes from riding shotgun in my buddy's Wrangler, but now I'm just a few weeks from being behind the wheel of a 2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road!
2-3 weeks left 'til it arrives but I figured it was time to make an account on here anyways. Excited to be here, seems like a great place :)
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi there, new to the group and to NorCal overlanding adventures. Been wheeling the AZ Desert for many years with a couple of different rigs, but now I’m in the Sacramento area with my 2021 Ram PowerWagon and looking to find others to hit the trails with.
Hello Jesse, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Current vehicles KTM 790 and 1290 Adventure. Bike camping and on occasion I bring the support vehicle.
I located in Indiana. I traveled around the world, here and there. Now I'm wanting see more of our our fantastic country. Off the beaten path.
Cheers
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.