Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Abel (@abegarcia10), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups and keep an eye out for a Dallas meet and greet which will hopefully pick up again after all the holidays.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Lambinator

Rank 0

Contributor I

Longwood, FL
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Lamb
Hi All from Central Florida.
while I have been a 4 wheeler in the past, I am lookin into the adventure of overlanding. Did I say that right? anyway, I don't have a full rig yet. just getting started. 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited. Almost empty nesters and wanting to help fulfill my wife love a camping and my love of 4 wheeling.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Neal (@NealjL ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for the Dallas area meet and greet that will hopefully pick back up after the holidays.
There is also an event coming up this weekend not "too" far south of you. Texas Overland DRIVE for FOOD

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Hey Howdy -
Dave from Phoenix, been Overlanding for a number of years based on the definition in the "New Users" post! That said, never had the need for a 4WD, it was mostly pulling a tent trailer with the family and dry/dispersed camping in the Midwest and Southwest. Now, another empty nester type, The Wife, the Dog, good coffee and a tent. Love the Southwest after growing up with green all around. As Mike Ferrentino put it "I fell in love with the astringent emptiness, the songs of the wind, the unforgiving precision with which a desert punishes the foolish."

Slot canyons are just the coolest, juniper is such an amazing campfire wood, and local independent coffee shops must always be sampled.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Austin, TX
2) 2019 F-150 FX4 XLT
3) NOVICE! First trip in two weeks! 4,000 mile trip west to Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Joshua Tree!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

On your trip West your regional director can help with local info plus when you hit the west region @Narbob and his Member Representatives are there to help also. Have a great trip!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Howdy -
Dave from Phoenix, been Overlanding for a number of years based on the definition in the "New Users" post! That said, never had the need for a 4WD, it was mostly pulling a tent trailer with the family and dry/dispersed camping in the Midwest and Southwest. Now, another empty nester type, The Wife, the Dog, good coffee and a tent. Love the Southwest after growing up with green all around. As Mike Ferrentino put it "I fell in love with the astringent emptiness, the songs of the wind, the unforgiving precision with which a desert punishes the foolish."

Slot canyons are just the coolest, juniper is such an amazing campfire wood, and local independent coffee shops must always be sampled.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups There is a monthly meet-up in Phoenix.
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien.

Reactions: cookiedough

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Neal. No pic of a rig yet as I'm debating on setting up my F-150 or looking for something new(to me) to outfit, but its a 2014 stx 4x4. If anyone has used that for overlanding I'd love to see what you have done.

Located in Dallas, TX. Novice to Overlanding

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dave (@cookiedough), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for the East Valley meet up in Gilbert. Hopefully after the holidays the meet ups will pick up again.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All from Central Florida.
while I have been a 4 wheeler in the past, I am lookin into the adventure of overlanding. Did I say that right? anyway, I don't have a full rig yet. just getting started. 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited. Almost empty nesters and wanting to help fulfill my wife love a camping and my love of 4 wheeling.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

Austin From Medina Ohio. I have a Toyota 4 Runner with a little off road expierence. Im new to overlanding. Excited to get my tires wet!!!!
Hopefully I will be able to make some meets up in the near future. This seems very exciting to me.
Welcome to Overland Bound! I just had a friend retire in Medina looks like a very nice little town.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Layne (@layne12 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

There is a meet and greet this Saturday in Round Rock.

@Kent already covered the other stuff so let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning, Just getting started in Overlanding. Bought 94 FZJ80 X3

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative in Washington is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thomas from Norway here. New to 4wheeling, but have been overlanding on an adventure bike for 20 years. My biggest adventure to date was in 05/06 when I shipped my bike from Norway to Australia and spent a years circumnavigating that whole continent.
I still enjoy riding the bike, but with age comes the need for a higher level of comfort so I picked up a 2014 Pajero IV (4) this spring and spent the summer building a storage system for it.
It's a "green plater" which means it's registered as a two seater commercial van and came without any rear seats and a fixed cargo barrier behind the front seats. Not allowed to move the barrier.
3.2 ltr inline 4 common rail diesel. 200hp. Auto. Factory rear e-locker. Factory dual cranking batteries.

My plan is to build it up more so I started a thread on it.

This is from where I live in Norway. Oslofjord in the background.

Bike's a 2001 BMW F650GS Dakar that I've modified some. This is from my trip down to Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia this past summer. This particular picture is from northern Croatia.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Gravel Seeker

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member checking in.

Rig: 18 Ford Raptor
Overlanding Experience Background: Beginner. Have some experience off roading, and some experience camping.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Rusty Buttons

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Springfield, MO
First Name
Bryn
Last Name
Lai
Member #

Hey all. I'm Bryn. Originally from Southern California, where I grew up wheelin' in the foothills around Orange County, at Anza Borrego, and sometimes at the Azuza Canyon offroad park. Now I'm in Springfield, Missouri, where I'm working on restoring a '76 Bronco. And I just got myself a 2019 Colorado with the ZR2 Bison package, and am looking to get it out.

Good Look.jpgColorado.jpg

slomark442531

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Shields
I’m Mark, located north of Pittsburgh. I have a 2011 SR5 Tundra Crewmax . Pretty new to Overlanding. I’ve done a lot of dual sport motorcycle camping and exploring. Slowly making a move to 4 wheeled based adventures so I can include my wife and kids.

Not too many mods done to the truck. Bilstein 5100’s up front. TRD Shocks on the rear. After years of running BFG All terrains I just put on some Falken Wildpeak MT’s just to try something different. They’re my first mud tire ever.
6E5E352B-6D9F-499A-BF63-5B7CDB53EBEC.jpeg

Last edited: