Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Caddy
Member #

Welcome from Denver!
How did you like the discovery route?
Thank you! Honestly it was a relatively easy route. Set up for motorcycles so most 4x4 vehicles can handle it. I'd say the challenge for us with it being our groups first trip was deciding when to camp vs pushing. We could have done better planning around camp spots.
Biggest obstacle we had was changing my flat at 10000 ft on a mountain pass :) If we had to do it over again we would have spent more time around Alpine Loop exploring. We finished 2 days (we planned 7 days) early because there are plenty of improved dirt sections you can make up time on in the north sections.
1573703603981.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I’m new here. I’ve got some experience not much. I currently live in Minneapolis Minnesota.
dodge
2002 Dakota 4x4 with 31” tires (biggest I could fit on stock height! )
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

mrrmatthews

Rank 0

Contributor I

Norfolk, VA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
MATTHEWS
Member #

Thanks for the add. I stumbled on the Overland Bound podcast and loved listening to where this whole adventure started with Michael and his story. Since then I have been hooked and I am so glad the podcast has restarted.

My name is Mark Matthews. I am married to my lady, Crystal and we live in Norfolk, VA. I have always camped and run trails but we are new to the overlanding thing. Our current rig is a 2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon. Our camper is a home buiilt DIY teardrop trailer my wife and I built about 3 years ago. We are interested in an overlanding sometime next year for a long weekend.

We spend a lot of time in Carova, OBX on the beach. Our main trails we frequent are here in VA- Flagpole Knob and Bald Mountain/Big Levels. We get down to Uwharrie National Forest a few times per year.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks

Camden 110218 (19).JPGCamden 110218 (4).JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Checking in from San Antonio, Texas! I've been building up my Jeep in the last two years. Since then I've taken trips to Big Bend, Grand Canyon, Moab, and various National parks in the area. Can't wait to explore some more!

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

View attachment 126754

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add. I stumbled on the Overland Bound podcast and loved listening to where this whole adventure started with Michael and his story. Since then I have been hooked and I am so glad the podcast has restarted.

My name is Mark Matthews. I am married to my lady, Crystal and we live in Norfolk, VA. I have always camped and run trails but we are new to the overlanding thing. Our current rig is a 2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon. Our camper is a home buiilt DIY teardrop trailer my wife and I built about 3 years ago. We are interested in an overlanding sometime next year for a long weekend.

We spend a lot of time in Carova, OBX on the beach. Our main trails we frequent are here in VA- Flagpole Knob and Bald Mountain/Big Levels. We get down to Uwharrie National Forest a few times per year.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks

View attachment 126946View attachment 126947

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: mrrmatthews

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

What's up everyone!
I appreciate the add to the group. My name's Dustin and you'll usually find me running around the Ozarks (SWMO / NWAR).
New to overlanding but not to camping and exploring.
Drive a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 - She's not setup for overlanding but can get me anywhere I want to go.
Looking forward to learning from the community!
Welcome from Oklahoma

Reactions: Prerunner1982

mrrmatthews

Rank 0

Contributor I

Norfolk, VA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
MATTHEWS
Member #

Hello Mark (@mrrmatthews) welcome from Oklahoma.
Great looking trailer, have a build thread on it somewhere?
Since you enjoy podcast may I also suggest the 4x4 Radio Network? It's a conglomeration of off road related podcasts.
Thanks I appreciate it!! No, unfortunately I don't- I just kinda winged it. Thanks for the suggestion on the new podcast, I will check it out.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

mrrmatthews

Rank 0

Contributor I

Norfolk, VA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
MATTHEWS
Member #

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon, LeRoy here from S. Florida. Apparently I've been overlanding for years? (Living in a car, LOL) Thank you for the membership status and I do look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I know many people that have seen more than most in a dodge caravan. Fuel, camera, water, beef jerky and desire. Can't wait to meet up, L.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pretty new to the overland community, Have a 2013 Tacoma with a Yakima Skyrise 3. Moved from Ohio to Phoenix, Arizona so i'm excited to explore a new area. Went to Asheville NC, Vail CO, Sylvan lake SD, Bighorn National park, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Zion on my way out here. Uploaded a few of my favorite photos.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome all! New member here from Madisonville Kentucky

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
2) Location PDX, OR
3) Rig: Chevy Colorado, 2017
4) Overlanding Experience Background: New-ish (lots of back forest road driving, new to kitting a rig)
Maybe when not a work I'll post a pic ;P

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey we’re Justin & Jessica or better known as JJ

Current Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Rubicon (Ovie)

Experience: Experienced backpackers and solo off-road adventurers. Skilled in maps, recovery gear, off-road driving, vehicle repairs, camping, conversation, and finding adventure!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the overland lifestyle, didn't know what it was until my friend started building his own rack equipped with rtt and all the other gear. I thought it looked awesome and have been searching the webz for more rigs setup like his. And that's when I stumbled upon the term "overland" and its been all down hill (pun) from there!

Rig: Stock 2018 Ram Rebel
Experience: Novice is a understatement, but I love it!

View attachment 126351

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there! I'm a new member and new to the Overlanding world. Looking to meet new people, learn a few things about overlanding and get on some trails.

Rig: 2019, Toyota, Tacoma, TRD Off-Road
Experience: Novice - (eager to learn)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding.

There is a regular meet-up in Las Vegas run by @The Lone Overlander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Just signed up for the free account (looking into the paid options now). Looking to get my 3 boys (7, 3, 2) and the wife outdoors more often. Hard being in Sarasota, FL where it is SO HOT all the time. Went with some neighbors to Ocala National Forest last year with our oldest boys and had a great time. Looking for some more adventures we can take the family on in the surrounding area.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

A big WELCOME to Overland Bound to the following:

Kevin from Madisonville KY.
Daniel from Phoenix, AZ.
LeRoy from South FL.
Ambrose from San Antonio, TX.
Dustin from the Ozarks.
Rod from Savannah, GA.
Mike from Shingle Springs, CA.
Dave from the Phoenix area.
Mark from Oregon City, OR.
Mark from Norfolk, VA.
Mark from Minneapolis, MN.

Glad you all could join us.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 126244
Hi everyone,
I live in Silveton Oregon, a small town a few miles away Silver Creek Falls state park. Silver Falls is Oregon’s largest state park and home to ten of the most amazing waterfalls I’ve ever seen.

Last year after my VW Gti engine blew, I decided to go a different route and started looking at trucks. I love full size trucks, but decided for doing adventures and lots of trips to the mountain, that the Tacoma would be a great choice.

I have a 2017 TRD off-road Tacoma that I’ve been enjoying quite a bit. Last winter I took it up to Mt Hood countless times to go snowboarding and it performed great.

It’s also been a great vehicle to load up the mt bikes and just take off.

The truck has already seen many adventures, but mostly all on road. I’ve gone to Grand Canyon with 5 people, and other short trips with my wife.

After much research I just purchased the Freespirit rooftop tent and also got the extra thermal liner. I plan to do many snow camping trips this winter. This spring I plan to start what I would consider some short and longer overland trips.

Anyway, happy to be here and part of this community.

Michael

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli