Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, everyone! Finally getting to the point financially where I can get my Jeep back. It's been a good 15 years since I've been able to have her and run trails. Didn't do a lot when I had her due to the (ex)wife, but felt so much at home when I did. Looking forward to getting back out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob
New to the group,
Wayne Smith
Located in Texas ( Houston area )
Some experience off roading / camping
I have been transforming my 2012 Rubicon into what I consider an Overlanding rig, it is still not completed but well on the way.
Next on the list - near term
Big brake upgrade
improved suspension / lift

Longer term-
Hemi conversionView attachment 121710

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just wanted to say hi, new member here...
Happy Trails....

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name is Stephen. I live in Tampa, Florida. I drive 2019 T4R VooDoo Blue TRD Pro. I am a novice at overlanding and hope to change that in the near future.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks - I found the website and forum via the Overland Bound podcast which as been really good! I'm new to overlanding an am gearing up to spend several months to a year on the road in 2020 driving thru central and south america. I currently live in Denver. In 2018 I spent a few months converting a cargo trailer to a camper and then pulled it around Colorado, Utah and New Mexico for couple months. So maybe I have a little experience!

I still drive the 2013 F-150 pictured. It's 100K miles and my current plan is to outfit that (and ditch the trailer) or the big trip next year. I want to get going and start doing some smaller trips asap - so I'm working thru how to outfit it to get started. I'm debating between a topper and building a bed and storage into it, or going the roof top tent route!

I have quite a few things from my trailer that I may incorporate into my truck based design - Battery, solar, cook stove, etc.

View attachment 121686

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, glad to be part of the overland network!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone I'm David, looking forward to meeting people and discovering new trails. My rig is a 2006 Chevy kodiak c4500 4x4. That I'm converting into an overland vehicle. I'm based out of central California. My go to camping get away is Mojave desert. View attachment 121568View attachment 121569View attachment 121570View attachment 121571View attachment 121573View attachment 121572View attachment 121574

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, my name is Bert and I am a new OB member.
I live in Orange County, Ca
My rigs name is Betsy and she’s a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
I still consider my self a novice but my fiancé and I have done several trips on our own. We travel with 2 dogs and try to take a trip per month. I’ve been wheeling with Betsy since I bought her in 2016. Put pin stripes on her the first time out. Our last trip was up to funnel lake last month and we had a blast!
I look forward to meeting like minded people and having great time with you guys. If you’re in the area don’t hesitate to contact me. Id love to join in on some of the up and coming trips.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I’m so excited to take my family on some real adventures. And, I hope to meet and travel with my fellow overlanders soon.

Rig: 2019 Ford F-150
Experience: Rookie! Any advice is appreciated.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

New guy here! Live in Mukilteo, WA - Pacific Northwest native. Learning about off roading/orverlanding and love being the rare full-size rig keeping up with those yota & jeepers!

Rig is a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 (5.3l) crew cap standard 6.5 bed. I have a 6" fabtech lift w/ factory coil overs on Pro Comp 35" MT2 & Method Trail wheels. I have lights on the truck, locker in the rear diff and a kit (including a winch).

My overall experience is very limited; I have so much to learn. I cannot wait to get onto some trails and learn from the experts, make new friends and create new memories!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Vehicel: 16' Power Wagon
Experience: just getting started

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Merv from Brisbane, Australia
Driving: 1993 1HZ 80 Series Land Cruiser Dual locked and set up for some great family touring - Have owned her since 2002, don't think I will ever get rid of my 80 Series.
Experience: Outback Trips (2005 and 2018 - both month-long trips), Gulf Country 2004, various 4WDing parks around the place. Can pretty much take on most tracks, however, still, need some experience.

Here she is with my camping trailer
View attachment 121495

On our last trip to Outback AUS
View attachment 121496

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm from Spain, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ from 1999 ... 2.5 VM with 302.000 km
my next destination? to cross morocco in december... and go back home

and... a pic ;)

View attachment 121438

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! My first introduction to overlanding was living vicariously through Mike from LLOD and of course the OB YouTube channel. Shout-out to my friend Stan who suggested this community!

Background: I have never been a "car guy" but have always been a "gear guy" (EDC, lights, pouches, packs and fun things like patches). It looks like my "gear" will now include the stuff that takes me further into the wild.

That said, I enjoy rucking (thanks GORUCK!) and have enjoyed traveling everywhere my two feet could take me with everything I needed on my back. Looking forward to embracing greater capabilities with a vehicle.

Current vehicle: 2007 Honda CRV
Future vehicle: 2019 or 2020 Toyota 4Runner or similar (trying to weigh options)
I am in the process of replacing my pavement pounder with something newer, and mainly joined up for the community input.

Experience: Novice.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, very excited to be apart of this awesome crew!
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4X4
Experience: Always was a camper and loved spending time outdoors as a kid and now that I started my career with the Forest Service, I was able to buy my truck and start going on adventures with it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Rig: 1978 CJ 7
Experience: Grew up camping and hunting/fishing in the outdoors. Love to travel and have mostly traveled outside of the US. Just got my Jeep late last year and just “finished” it last weekend. My wife and I are going on your first overland trip Thursday to Ouachita National Forest for a four day shake down trip. Looking forward to exploring and traveling across the US for awhile! Anyone know of some great camp sites off the trail in the Ouachita National Forest?

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! Just got my membership today, and super excited to start sharing and learning from the wealth of knowledge ill find here!
Rig: 98 Jeep tj 4.0 liter/maunual 5 speed
Experience: Very first car when I was 17 (35 now) was a 91 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 liter and did some light trail stuff in NY. Been into camping, hiking, mountain biking, and quads, since I was a kid. I’ve done some light off roading in other peoples rigs, since then, but bought my first Jeep as an adult, about 4 months ago. I’ve put over 200 off-road miles on it, already, after lifting it 2” and putting on 31” tires (definitely moving to 33’s soon). Living in Denver, I’ve done some relatively challenging trails here, in the Rockies, but have also been to Moab twice now

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I'm Steve from Portland, Oregon. I'm excited to join and start participating in the community. I don't have a ton of experience but I do get out to the dirt pretty often and I'm planning some trips in parts of remote Oregon, Nevada, and California. I drive a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. I've only had it for a few months but I'm enjoying it a lot. Yes it's a DD too which is a bummer but that's my situation at present. I haven't built it up much other than a roof rack although I'll be adding some rock rails soon. For what I like to do it's on target.

I love exploring forest roads and national forests around home. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and hopefully connecting with some other overlanders.

Here's a shot of the trail hawk on an awesome trail through Newberry National Volcanic Monument in central Oregon. The road goes straight through a lava field (the surface in the picture is an oasis of gravel in a long stretch of awesome lava rock -- the road is amazing).
View attachment 121291

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman