Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

This is cool to see! I've been window shopping and I felt I was really dead set on the R50 Pathfinder, but more searching and comparisons of the the Pathfinder to the Xterra seem to show that the Xterra is easier to mod. I know you said you don't personally have a mechanical background, but have you felt: A: The aftermarket has options, and B: The work to the Xterra (lift etc) has guides/people that have done it before? The pathfinder ran into a lot of "lack of" in those areas (I still like them alot though haha!)

Will definitely follow this looking good!
Yeah I am really stoked with this rig, the X has some good aftermarket bumpers and racks. But yeah there is def no lack of assistance online if needed, there's a few Xterra dedicated forums that are loaded with How To's and owners with tons of experience...

It's a really capable stock off road truck, but once the mods start they're hard to stop lol

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

s
Nice! 285's?

Been contemplating switching to steels. Really like the basic look.
stayed with the 265's, I was going to go with Mud Claws at 285 but were a 8 in wide and my rims are 7's

Yeah I love the steelies, could not be the price either, $52 ea w/free shipping....

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

s

stayed with the 265's, I was going to go with Mud Claws at 285 but were a 8 in wide and my rims are 7's

Yeah I love the steelies, could not be the price either, $52 ea w/free shipping....
I went back and forth with rim width for a while. The KO2's I went with said the same thing (8 inch rim) although one tire seller said 7. I talked with Towne Fair and laid it all out, and they were fine with 285s on 7 inch (although it could have been a local shop decision). 1 year on them and other than the gauge offset and a slight rub in certain conditions it has been fine.

I may decide to drop down (285s to 265s) on my next tires though.

Reactions: MeHere!

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

Hoping to have the overhead console mocked up this weekend...fingers crossed!! I am only slightly nervous to cut the headliner...only slightly

overhead.jpg
rockers.jpg

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

I have ordered my carbon fiber wrap for the console, that should arrive in a couple weeks, that gives me time to pre-wire the rockers and relay box, need to re-cut the floor of the drawer system...

I am going to be going crazy over one weekend as the drawer system is to house the second battery and daul bat set up, all the lights will run off of that, so one weekend daul bat, all 4 lights, horn and rear view mirror...

Reactions: Kilo Sierra

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

Just checking in...been a while since I've posted due to Covid and Life (lost some loved ones to Covid), the Life part really messed me up. The Mrs & I live in her folks 2 Family, I've taken over doing most of the work on the house and discovered something...for years I've been told the basement gets wet during rainstorms, but we don't know where the leak is. So much stuff in the basement, years and years and years worth. It recentlt got to the point where the still water was stinking up the house. I told them I am cleaning it all out, renting a dumpster and throwing most of it out, if it's a tool or has value I'll keep. Well that was a few weeks back, got the dumpster cleaned out the basement to find the leak....turns out they've been wrong....FOR YEARS...it was not a leak, foundation is solid..instead we had a sewage pipe (that was hidden behind crap that had not moved since the 90's) whose whole bottom was rotted away. New pipe done, basement clean and the biggest benefit, new workshop area, going from 8x6 to 16x20, so all Truck mods are on hold until the new shop is up and running.

The new workshop area, will have new walls and extensive French Cleat storage and a mobile workbench with Table Saw, Miter Saw, Router, Scroll Saw and Grinder built in
basement 1.jpgbasement 2.jpg

First load to hit the dumpster
IMG_20200516_134243.jpg

New Pipe
IMG_20200526_100559.jpg

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

That console build is amazing, not many people take on an overhead console from scratch! Oh, and Tara is too cute.

-TJ

Reactions: MeHere!

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

That console build is amazing, not many people take on an overhead console from scratch! Oh, and Tara is too cute.

-TJ
Thanks!! She is recovering today after getting spayed yesterday...

The build has been fun, on hold, but fun none the less. Still more woodworking to be done. Some of the stuff I see guys do with metal and CNC I am going to try to replicate with wood, first up will be molle panels for the doors...man I cannot wait to get the new shop finished...