Meet & Greet and Camp in Mesa AZ.

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We will have a meet and greet starting on Saturday at 1:30ish till 10:00 PM which will include a Rig Tour, and campfire (fire ban permitting). Camping is available for those that want to stay and camp.

The Meet & Greet will be at Usery Mountain Park in North East Mesa.

Agenda:

Saturday

Morning A trail run is in the works, watch for details.

1:30 PM to ? Arrive and setup camp, you can arrive what ever time is convenient.

3:00 PM to ? Tour of Rigs. We will have 6-8 rigs that the owners will give a talk about things they like about their setup but also things they would do differently. Then follow up with a short Q&A.

6:00 PM Dinner. Right now dinner will be on your own. If you are coming for the day we can see if some campers would host some people for dinner.

7:00 PM More Q&A of the tour rigs.

8:00 PM Campfire (fire ban permitting)

10:00 PM Day pass people must leave park.

Sunday
We are planning on a Round Table discussion after breakfast. We are open to suggestions for topics. Some ideas: power needs and solutions, bathroom setups, camp kitchen setups. Also time to have a a more detailed look at some rigs.

Cost
Day use only $7:00 park entry fee. You will pay this at the gate.
Camping will be $15 which includes the park entry fee. This will be paid directly to Todd Tempco. Send me a private message, and I’ll get you the details how to pay. Remember you don’t have a site reserved until you have paid.

Send me PM and I’ll get you the signup info.

We have a limited number of campsites and with feed back we are getting there is a good chance they will fill up.

Message me for the details on camping.

Todd

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Great itinerary! If I am off I still won't be able to camp but I will bring my setup. Always subject to change with me! :)

Folks that haven't been to an Expo or other gathering this is a great way to learn about different setups. Hopefully we can have some DIY trailers, Turtleback, Off Grid, and maybe a few other production models. I also have an RV-5 Tent so maybe I can bring that as well.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Great itinerary! If I am off I still won't be able to camp but I will bring my setup. Always subject to change with me! :)

Folks that haven't been to an Expo or other gathering this is a great way to learn about different setups. Hopefully we can have some DIY trailers, Turtleback, Off Grid, and maybe a few other production models. I also have an RV-5 Tent so maybe I can bring that as well.
I'm planing on having your new trailer as part of the tour if you can make it.

We are hoping to have 6-8 rigs for the tour, it will be a little bit of everything. Expo trailers, teardrops, RTT, trucks, ground tent. Hopefully something for everyone.

If you have a cool setup and would like to show your rig let me know.

Todd

Zavala

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Meylor
Member #

Use the sign up here for for Saturday, include how many people in your party.
Sorry to be such a newbie, but I guess that's what I am... How do you sign up here? I am interested in the event but still trying to get my bearings on the site and am just not seeing where to click here or on the rally point section.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Sorry to be such a newbie, but I guess that's what I am... How do you sign up here? I am interested in the event but still trying to get my bearings on the site and am just not seeing where to click here or on the rally point section.
No problem, I didn’t set up a Rally Point on OB for this one. Since we have it listed sites Overland AZ on Facebook and at Meetup.com AZ Overlanders, It was easier for people to contact me for details.

I will send you a PM with the sigh up info.

Todd

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Thanks I missed that. I copied and pasted from the other sites. Fixed now.

Todd

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I'm planing on having your new trailer as part of the tour if you can make it.

We are hoping to have 6-8 rigs for the tour, it will be a little bit of everything. Expo trailers, teardrops, RTT, trucks, ground tent. Hopefully something for everyone.

If you have a cool setup and would like to show your rig let me know.

Todd
Glamping/Demo prep in full swing!
93856FBC-8CD0-4010-A000-BD008CE62CED.jpeg

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I think I can make this with 2 rigs....my new poptop 4wd van and my Tacoma with a poptop camper I am putting up for sale.
I will PM if there is still space for at least the day trip part but camping is always more fun and a chance I can bring my father in law in my Tacoma before it is gone.
20191103_113504.jpg20190809_200931.jpg

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We have all the campsites full as of today, and will start a wait list. We have had a much better turn out than expected. If this goes well we’ll setup another in the spring.

Todd

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
We have all the campsites full as of today, and will start a wait list. We have had a much better turn out than expected. If this goes well we’ll setup another in the spring.

Todd
It’s going to be great! I have suggested the White Tanks Park for the next one. Off Grid sent me a couple of nice swag bags for the raffle/giveaway.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Is it time to do another one of these events in the fall?
It was a great time even with the rain. Usery park was a great place for it being close by and easy to get to. Last I heard the group sites are closed due to Covid.
I’ll have to make some phone calls. We had a few other spots but those are closed because of the fires.