Meet and Greet, Ideas, and Planning for North East Oregon, South East Washington and Western Idaho

• HTML tutorial

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy Pacific North West. I have graciously been given the title of ”Regional Representative“ for the PNW, but more specifically Western Idaho, Eastern Washington, and Eastern Oregon. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what you as the Oeverland Bound community in this region would like to see more of. I proposed this position to @Kent R because I feel that there wasn’t a representative close to our are that was familiar with everything this little region has to offer.
I would like to hear your input on planning a initial ”Meet and Greet”, where we can discuss future events, trail rides, and even just coffee meets. I understand because our population is so diverse and spread out that not every one can make a trip up to La Grande for a get together so ideas on how to bring us closer together is also welcome.
I look forward to supporting all of you, how ever you feel that I may best serve.
feel free to contact me here publicly or through DM or through email slim69782003@gmail.com.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Howdy Pacific North West. I have graciously been given the title of ”Regional Representative“ for the PNW, but more specifically Western Idaho, Eastern Washington, and Eastern Oregon. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what you as the Oeverland Bound community in this region would like to see more of. I proposed this position to @Kent R because I feel that there wasn’t a representative close to our are that was familiar with everything this little region has to offer.
I would like to hear your input on planning a initial ”Meet and Greet”, where we can discuss future events, trail rides, and even just coffee meets. I understand because our population is so diverse and spread out that not every one can make a trip up to La Grande for a get together so ideas on how to bring us closer together is also welcome.
I look forward to supporting all of you, how ever you feel that I may best serve.
feel free to contact me here publicly or through DM or through email slim69782003@gmail.com.
Congrats on the position. I'm still pretty new to OB but have been kicking around the idea of trying to get a Central/SE Washington meet up together for a little while now. Sometime in January or February, for that one I was gonna pitch the idea of Moses Lake since it is a pretty equal drive from Yakima, Wenatchee, Tri Cities and Spokane. But Moses lake might be a bit of a drive for the folks in NE Oregon and Idaho. Not trying to pitch my home base too much but tri cities is a pretty central area.... There isn't much for trails around here but plenty of places to have a meet and greet. I'll be watching this thread anxiously to see what happens, it would be nice to meet some new like minded people and become more involved in the OB community.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome to the team! I'm glad we now have a Member Rep in that area. Thanks for the working you're already putting forth to help this region. Sometime I'll have to make a trip out to SE WA/NE OR. I hear it's beautiful! Let me know if you need anything!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Congrats on the position. I'm still pretty new to OB but have been kicking around the idea of trying to get a Central/SE Washington meet up together for a little while now. Sometime in January or February, for that one I was gonna pitch the idea of Moses Lake since it is a pretty equal drive from Yakima, Wenatchee, Tri Cities and Spokane. But Moses lake might be a bit of a drive for the folks in NE Oregon and Idaho. Not trying to pitch my home base too much but tri cities is a pretty central area.... There isn't much for trails around here but plenty of places to have a meet and greet. I'll be watching this thread anxiously to see what happens, it would be nice to meet some new like minded people and become more involved in the OB community.
Thank you, I’m pretty excited to have been offered this position. Tri-Cities is definitely a doable area for me to come visit on a semi regular basis, I am not opposed to going to ML a few times a year to help the OB community spread to your area or help organize events on the ground.
Welcome to the team! I'm glad we now have a Member Rep in that area. Thanks for the working you're already putting forth to help this region. Sometime I'll have to make a trip out to SE WA/NE OR. I hear it's beautiful! Let me know if you need anything!

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Im glad to be part of the team. Thank you for your support and I am looking forward to working with you as well as meeting you some time here in the near future.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I think the Tri-Cities would be an OK place for a meet up. I think I would try to make a run down that way to try and meet some of you guys down south.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Been a bit busy with xmas related stuff and work, so I just found this thread. The only way I could really justify making the drive would be for a multi-day thing. If we could plan something like that, I'd be game. Maybe drive out Friday night, and come home Sunday.

**EDIT** - I just realized you're out in La Grande. That's only about 2 hours from here. :D

• Wow

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Been a bit busy with xmas related stuff and work, so I just found this thread. The only way I could really justify making the drive would be for a multi-day thing. If we could plan something like that, I'd be game. Maybe drive out Friday night, and come home Sunday.

**EDIT** - I just realized you're out in La Grande. That's only about 2 hours from here. :D
Where are you located Reaver?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I think the Tri-Cities would be an OK place for a meet up. I think I would try to make a run down that way to try and meet some of you guys down south.
Would Pendleton be too far of a drive in the spring or summer time for a trail ride or other OB activity

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Would Pendleton be too far of a drive in the spring or summer time for a trail ride or other OB activity
Pendleton is totally doable for me, only about an hour away. Might be boarder line too far for the Yakima and Spokane people depending on if it's just a meet up or a trail run. But I'd be willing to travel a little ways for a meet up time allowing.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hello Michael,
Welcome to OB, and the regional rep position. I'm in Boise. We just committed to attend the Expo West in May [Tickets purchased, AirBnB Reserved, and flights arranged.] We'll be visiting family in greater Phoenix before driving up in a rental. We have committed to attend the B.C.O.R. in June, this time driving up in the Tacoma. In the Spring, we will attend the "New Vintage Release" weekend in Walla Walla, WA. Have to drive through LaGrande to get over the Blue Mtns, and into the Walla Walla Valley. The is a lot of wheeling trails in those Mtn's. Just not with cases of wine in the Bed-slide. We will also attend the Fall "New Vintage Release" weekend, for the same reason. We have plans to make a Steen's Mountain and Antelope N.P. Run, most likely over Memorial Day weekend, weather depending on open gates, roads.
David

• Wow

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks @David C Gibbs for the welcome. There is a group of guys in your area meeting up semi regularly I hear. Contact @reaver for more information. Your trip into the Steens sounds like fun. My Aunt lives in Walla Walla, and I head over that way for VA appointments every once in a while. I do however make quite a few trips to Boise every year. Most of them are with little to no advanced warning though. What is BCOR?

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Thanks @David C Gibbs for the welcome. There is a group of guys in your area meeting up semi regularly I hear. Contact @reaver for more information. Your trip into the Steens sounds like fun. My Aunt lives in Walla Walla, and I head over that way for VA appointments every once in a while. I do however make quite a few trips to Boise every year. Most of them are with little to no advanced warning though. What is BCOR?
The same group that puts on the NorthWest Overland Rally, in Plain, Washington - June 18-21, also the following weekend run the British Columbia Overland Rally, in Whistler Park.
Ray, Mario and team do a great job... Last year we got to see Andreas Bruchner's massive MAN 6X6 with his BoXmanufactuered Cabin. The other Andreas - who also runs a Box Cabin company showed off a stunning Cabin on a Custom Ford. Better than EarthRoamer at about 1/2 the price. The owner of that rig allowed me to take Photos inside even though it wasn't 100% done. Some of the metal custom work was excellent quality.
DG

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I was actually just about to create a rally point for a meetup every third Friday of the month, but I don't have permission. If somebody wants to create one at Payette brewing in January, that would be great.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I was actually just about to create a rally point for a meetup every third Friday of the month, but I don't have permission. If somebody wants to create one at Payette brewing in January, that would be great.
DM me details, time, location (address), and a description of your get together.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

I see if I still have access. Add will start it - what time 5:30 to 8:30/9:00?
David

Reactions: reaver