Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pennsylvania
First Name
Heather
Last Name
Winck
Member #

We are arriving on Thursday am. Is there a planned area for Overland Bound members to camp this year? We are planned to camp in overland experience but certainly can move elsewhere.

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
We are arriving on Thursday am. Is there a planned area for Overland Bound members to camp this year? We are planned to camp in overland experience but certainly can move elsewhere.
As the Expo workers park/camp each as they arrive, "no saving spaces", it's hard to camp together unless a group arrives together. There is a group in one of these discussions planning to arrive Thursday night and roll in together Friday morning in order to camp together. I bought the overland experience package, so be in there, arriving mid day ish Thursday. Hopefully will be able to find/meet others as I/they wander around. See you there!

Reactions: Explorador

Hwinck22

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pennsylvania
First Name
Heather
Last Name
Winck
Member #

As the Expo workers park/camp each as they arrive, "no saving spaces", it's hard to camp together unless a group arrives together. There is a group in one of these discussions planning to arrive Thursday night and roll in together Friday morning in order to camp together. I bought the overland experience package, so be in there, arriving mid day ish Thursday. Hopefully will be able to find/meet others as I/they wander around. See you there!
We plan for Thursday am probably around 10. Look for us

Attachments

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
There will be two of us @Wellspring driving up from NW of Burnsville, NC on Thursday morning. Looks like the drive is about 5 hours so I would guess we'll get there around noon. We both have the Experience package and I should have an Overland Flag flying high!

F-150 Overland Setup.jpg

Stevwhit

Rank V

Member II

River Edge, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
White
Member #

Hi Mike, Thanks for the reply and suggestions, I

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply, I met with lots of lovely people today at OK4WD and am staying nearby, I asked around and ended up in someones private back yard not far from Stewartsville, heading back tommorow to meet with Chuck ti discuss booking in some work for the return leg of my trip early December so excited to continue the build with knowedgable people. catch you at the Expo meet. Best wishes Amanda
Awesome Amanda!!! They really are great there!! Reminds me of a mom and pop store, they only want to help and do right by their customers.

Looking forward to meeting you as well!. Safe travels to the Expo!!! I'll be setting out at unreasonable o'clock hour to make it before 5 to get on the estate grounds Thursday.

Reactions: Kallme_uncle

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
There will be two of us @Wellspring driving up from NW of Burnsville, NC on Thursday morning. Looks like the drive is about 5 hours so I would guess we'll get there around noon. We both have the Experience package and I should have an Overland Flag flying high!

View attachment 241989
Where about in WNC?
I can't leave Burnsville until about noon. I'll try to catch up :)
-Dan

Reactions: Wellspring

bryanfolts

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Remington, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Folts
Member #

Service Branch
USN Veteran
I'm doing a pre-Expo trail ride on Big Levels.

Meet at Slacks Trail Parking to Slacks Trail Parking Tuesday evening 5pm-ish or Wednesday morning 9am-ish. I will be there Tuesday eve and find a camp spot on the trail nearby. PM me if interested so I know who to meet when. So far just my F-150 and a friend in a Tacoma.

Not sure yet whether we'll go South to North or North to South.
Shared route:
Slacks Trail Parking to Slacks Trail Parking

My F-150
View attachment 241785
20221005_124728.jpg
I'll be forest camping and arriving tomorrow morning

Reactions: JeepingMike

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
I'll be there around noon Thursday.20221005_163928.jpg

aghadjip

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton NC
Member #

Ill be there around 5 ish, leaving around noon from Raleigh NC, waiting to see if fedex delivers the propane holder i ordered. Out for delivery!

Reactions: Zombie

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Heading up for Thursday afternoon from Burnsville NC. Camping on-site.
Looking forward to the OB group meetup.
Where in Burnsville do you live? We are in Bee Log ("Wellspring Farm").
I live up above the roller rink at riverside.
My computer and internet service is next door to Phil's tire service on 19, near bojangles

GPack77

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pack
Member #

Heading up from Nashville, TN. In stand still traffic in middle TN on I-40. Definitely not gonna make it by the 6pm cutoff for today. Anyone know if there is a late check in? If not, Probably gonna find a camp spot on the TN VA border, anybody have a nice spot?

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Heading up from Nashville, TN. In stand still traffic in middle TN on I-40. Definitely not gonna make it by the 6pm cutoff for today. Anyone know if there is a late check in? If not, Probably gonna find a camp spot on the TN VA border, anybody have a nice spot?
I emailed them and they said that there would be arrangements for late arrival. In previous years it's just camping in the entrance field, it wasn't very flat last year.

Depending on where you are coming from in TN, you might be able to swing by one of my favorite camping spots in VA. It's called "The Scales", in Mount Rogers National Recreation Area.

GPack77

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Pack
Member #

I emailed them and they said that there would be arrangements for late arrival. In previous years it's just camping in the entrance field, it wasn't very flat last year.

Depending on where you are coming from in TN, you might be able to swing by one of my favorite camping spots in VA. It's called "The Scales", in Mount Rogers National Recreation Area.
Thank you! I will see what the traffic gods have in store for me, ha! Thank you again!