Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

Support Alert created at 06:44 PM (GMT -7:00) on 04/02/2024 by Kevin Holtz (Kevin in Trees).
Not a horrible situation but I'm in the middle of a 2 week trip in AZ/UT with my family and I have a blown RR shock on a 2022 f150. Limited connectivity in camp but it looks like Page AZ has more parts/repair options than Kanab UT (my 2 closest options. Any suggestions for a reliable shop is appreciated!!
Text 585-353-6767

Additional Information

Important links:
Locations included in the Support Alert:

Location 1:
Address: Marble Canyon, Arizona 86036, United States​
Location note:​

Communications Channels included in the Support Alert:

J-Ace Scout

Rank II

Contributor III

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lichfield
Member #

Support Alert created at 06:44 PM (GMT -7:00) on 04/02/2024 by Kevin Holtz (Kevin in Trees).
Not a horrible situation but I'm in the middle of a 2 week trip in AZ/UT with my family and I have a blown RR shock on a 2022 f150. Limited connectivity in camp but it looks like Page AZ has more parts/repair options than Kanab UT (my 2 closest options. Any suggestions for a reliable shop is appreciated!!
Text 585-353-6767

Additional Information

Important links:
Locations included in the Support Alert:

Location 1:
Address: Marble Canyon, Arizona 86036, United States​
Location note:​

Communications Channels included in the Support Alert:

I’m not real familiar with the area but I’d think Kanab is old be the better bet. It’s closer to a larger metro area if someone dosnt have what you need.
I’m 2.5 hrs from you in St George.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks @J-Ace Scout for the advise and good luck @Kevin in Trees to find the right part. Please let us know here if you got any help and if the support request can be closed.

@Kent R Do we have a Local Expert in Arizona who can help maybe?

Thank you.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks @J-Ace Scout for the advise and good luck @Kevin in Trees to find the right part. Please let us know here if you got any help and if the support request can be closed.

@Kent R Do we have a Local Expert in Arizona who can help maybe?

Thank you.
Sent out a large area map message with the Support Alert.

Reactions: El-Dracho

SixthElement

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
William
Last Name
Ski
Member #

Is it just a stock style replacement? There’s a few parts stores in Page. If not I’m in Flagstaff and we have a few stores also

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Albeit a bit of a distance, Summit 4x4 in Prescott would be an excellent resource and does great work, 928-227-2026.

Kevin in Trees

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

Is it just a stock style replacement? There’s a few parts stores in Page. If not I’m in Flagstaff and we have a few stores also
Thanks for checking in. It's a fox 2.0 smooth body. FOX98524265 I think it's serviceable
I'm not super concerned with exact replacement or repair. With 3 others in the vehicle and many miles to go I just want to ride right and safe. The original shocks are sitting on a shelf at my shop in Western NY:) I think the plan right now is to try page and then on to moab. I need to drop the family in Denver Sunday to drive home.

Kevin in Trees

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

Hi Roger, thanks for the referral. I wouldn't mind the drive but that's pretty much the opposite direction we are heading. I'd like to try to keep heading north, eventually to Denver to drop my family off. They fly home and then I drive home from there

ScottinAZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

Where in Marble Canyon are you? If you need a local for a ride give me a call. I bet up in Page you could get a replacement shock off the shelf that is the right length at least. Brady at lees ferry lodge in vermillion cliffs might be able to lend you a hand. I'm Scott, give me a call if you need. 928-793-9837

Kevin in Trees

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

Where in Marble Canyon are you? If you need a local for a ride give me a call. I bet up in Page you could get a replacement shock off the shelf that is the right length at least. Brady at lees ferry lodge in vermillion cliffs might be able to lend you a hand. I'm Scott, give me a call if you need. 928-793-9837
Hey Scott, we're still mobile. I've been calling around page without much luck. Thinking of heading to st George for some of the off road shops there. If I can get my hands on parts it's a pretty easy swap

Kevin in Trees

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

We are headed north on house rock road, should be getting close to ut border. I think we're flipping a coin at the 89, west to kinab or east to page

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We are headed north on house rock road, should be getting close to ut border. I think we're flipping a coin at the 89, west to kinab or east to page
99.9% sure we have a solution in St. George, huge thank you to all who tuned in!!
Cool. Please let us know here when it worked out and the support request could be closed.

Kevin in Trees

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Farmington, NY, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Holtz
Member #

99.9% sure we have a solution in St. George, huge thank you to all who tuned in!!
Cool. Please let us know here when it worked out and the support request could be closed.
I think I closed it? I got a confirmation message. Maybe it needs another step on your end?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I think I closed it? I got a confirmation message. Maybe it needs another step on your end?
No, all perfect, it is in status RESOLVED. Thank you.

Safe travels!